Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Originally posted by King49er:
get out, jesus christ

+3

+4

+5
His philosophy is just wrong. Why the f**k do you keep on insisting on running the ball when we flat out can't? Pass it to setup the run, not the other way around. Today this stuck up philosophy and dumbass playcalling cost us the W.
Originally posted by sachie23:
Good coaches scheme and run a style to fit the players they have. With Alex, Crabtree, Davis, Gore, this team should be spreading the field. We do not have smash mouth players. You can't beat the Colts playing not to lose. There will be 5 all star coaches available in 2010 (if Fisher does in fact leave). Lets get a proven winner. Singletary was a nice story but its starting to look like a lot of smoke and mirrors. Bash me if you want but the NFL today is about teams that can throw the football.

I agree with you. Singletary and Raye (Raye especially) just aren't intelligent people. They may have been around the game alot, but they just don't understand the game today. They consistently misuse timeouts, take too long to get the play called, and run a conservative/predictable game plan... Singletary was perfect for the role of assistant HC, as a motivator. He just doesn't have the mental capacity to win in this league, and his image/philosophy for the team is grossly outdated... Raye was Singleraty's hiring as he fits the Singletary image. If Raye needs to go, then so does Singletary.

[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Nov 1, 2009 at 13:22:18 ]
About the only thing I could say bad about Sing is that he needs to get on Raye's ass! We have a QB that plays pretty great when we open it up. We need to do that on a continuous basis!!
It is going to be another long week worth of trolls, doomsayers, and armchair coaches.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We can still win games with Sing's philosophy we just need to exute the plays that are being called. Good game overall at least we didn't get blown out. Once we get the OL situated and get a rushing OLB we'll be in the playoffs. Alex looked good and should continue to get better. That bodes well for the future as we can concentrate on other things in the draft.
Note to JR: we are not a running team and can't control the clock in doing so. Put Bruce on the bench and try B Jones, switch Staley to Right Tackle.

Niners should have won this game today, poor play calling, the inability to sustain drives and a tired defense is what lost it.

Sing needs to wake up, not be so hard headed and understand what the strengths of the team are. Pass to set up the run, run to keep them honest.

Good game Alex.
Originally posted by mayo63:
We can still win games with Sing's philosophy we just need to exute the plays that are being called. Good game overall at least we didn't get blown out. Once we get the OL situated and get a rushing OLB we'll be in the playoffs. Alex looked good and should continue to get better. That bodes well for the future as we can concentrate on other things in the draft.

The future could have and should have been today. Are we turning into Browns fans or something?
  • JC49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Originally posted by sachie23:
Good coaches scheme and run a style to fit the players they have. With Alex, Crabtree, Davis, Gore, this team should be spreading the field. We do not have smash mouth players. You can't beat the Colts playing not to lose. There will be 5 all star coaches available in 2010 (if Fisher does in fact leave). Lets get a proven winner. Singletary was a nice story but its starting to look like a lot of smoke and mirrors. Bash me if you want but the NFL today is about teams that can throw the football.

I agree with you. Singletary and Raye (Raye especially) just aren't intelligent people. They may have been around the game alot, but they just don't understand the game today. They consistently misuse timeouts, take too long to get the play called, and run a conservative/predictable game plan... Singletary was perfect for the role of assistant HC, as a motivator. He just doesn't have the mental capacity to win in this league, and his image/philosophy for the team is grossly outdated... Raye was Singleraty's hiring as he fits the Singletary image. If Raye needs to go, then so does Singletary.

Second that! Said it already and completely agree. Not happy about it. Wish it wasn't true. But it is.

Originally posted by blunt_probe:
His philosophy is just wrong. Why the f**k do you keep on insisting on running the ball when we flat out can't? Pass it to setup the run, not the other way around. Today this stuck up philosophy and dumbass playcalling cost us the W.

Thank you. Listen I want this team to win more than anybody but I'm not going to be happy over a moral victory when they should have won the football game. Playing the Colts the way they did on the road was a hell of a showing. But, imo, the coaching staffs stubborness cost us a game. Am I convinced Singletary is the right coach for this team? No. He's coached 16 games now and he's 8-8. There is no evidence to either way.
Guys did you really expect us to beat indy? I sure didn't we competed well and proud of our team unlike last week we played great.
What happened at halftime? Who were the posers who came out? That wasn't the same 49ers team that went in at the half. Man, they should have won that game. It's sickening.
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Guys did you really expect us to beat indy? I sure didn't we competed well and proud of our team unlike last week we played great.

I did. Call me a homer, and I know I am, but we held them to 18! "If the niners hold a team down to 17, they should win." Isn't that what everyone says? There was no excuse to lose this, and now everyone is high on moral victories like it's 2005 again.
The hell he isn't. He just needs to change the way he views the offense. He will adjust and kick Raye's butt out.
Share 49ersWebzone