There are 260 users in the forums

Should I wear my #11 on Sunday???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • carl
  • Veteran
When Smith was drafted by the 49ers, my brother-in-law bought me a #11 jersey as a gift. I'm thinking it was out of revenge for me constantly asking him when he was going to replace his New England Bledsoe jersey. As you may recall, NE got a new QB starting for them around that time.

Well, I've thrown my #11 jersey in the closet with my #81 jersey thinking that I'll just wear my #16 forever instead of buying jerseys of current players that I just can't stomach wearing after one season.

Is it bad luck to wear it? I just don't know if I can show Smith support yet. Sure he looked good against the Texan's last week. But we were down 21 points in the second half, Smith always looks good when we've already lost in the second half. But he also finally looked good getting the ball out quickly, reading progressions and throwing some short nearly accurate passes... I'm just not sure I believe the hype yet.

I think #11 will stay in my closet at least another week.

Thoughts?
Next week. We are likely to get blown out this week.
if you wear it this week and we lose, its all on you man
  • carl
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

I can't handle that kinda pressure. It stays in the closet.
It's a free country, you can wear whatever the f**k you want.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Yeah, wear it to give Alex and the team some good luck.
[ Edited by mayo63 on Oct 30, 2009 at 7:49 AM ]
I'd hold off a week but then again it's better than wearing a Drunkenmiller, Woods, Kwame Harris or Jose Cortez jersey.

It shouldn't matter what jersey you wear. It will probably be blocked by the 9er fan in front of you holding up a "Please take it easy on us Peyton sign" or a "D-CAFE" sign.

Nah, wonder if opposing fans bring signs for his grocery store commercial. Most of them annoyed me but that one was funny.
Originally posted by carl:
Originally posted by valrod33:

I can't handle that kinda pressure. It stays in the closet.

some advice, be careful with the "in the closet" reference. Personaly I'd go with "on the shelf".
I'm torn too, I have been rockin my alex smith jersey for the past few years now (I know, I have been needing an upgrade) but my crabtree jersey just came in monday and it will be my first chance to rock it... obviously it has to be the same day as alex's first start in 2 years... i was pretty proud to rock the jersey last week as he did good... what do i do?.... i think i gotta go with the new jersey since its this years style and crabtree looks like hes gonna be real good.... what do i do????
Originally posted by JoeO321:
I'm torn too, I have been rockin my alex smith jersey for the past few years now (I know, I have been needing an upgrade) but my crabtree jersey just came in monday and it will be my first chance to rock it... obviously it has to be the same day as alex's first start in 2 years... i was pretty proud to rock the jersey last week as he did good... what do i do?.... i think i gotta go with the new jersey since its this years style and crabtree looks like hes gonna be real good.... what do i do????

cut the Smith jersey and Crabtree jersey in half and so them together so you will be wearing both.

Problem solved

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Wear one and display the other.
people still have alex smith jerseys
Originally posted by billybonka:
people still have alex smith jerseys

Why Not ?

I have a Silk Screen "Gabe Wilkins Jersey" (a gift from my aunt, she bought it on a trip to SF many moons ago, she knows zero about football and was just trying to be nice)

I only wear it around around the house from time to time, or when my aunt stops over ....it's still in pretty good shape, all I need now is an "Antonio Langham Jersey"
I still have my jersey, but its been so long since I've been able to wear it, I don't think it even fits my fat ass anymore.
wear your 15 on sunday leave 11 alone for a while until he proves he can do it more than one half !
Share 49ersWebzone