There are 63 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Brian Baldinger on Alex Smith - NFL Playbook.

Eh, I don't know what our offensive philosophy will be. I just think that we're going to be stubborn over the next couple weeks--try to run the ball, fail tremendously, and have to pass more.

I'm more interested about what they said about Alex. Did they say if he was good...? bad...? not sure...?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
MM debunked the spread theory.

MM is wrong
Yea it was a pretty terrible analysis in my book.

He didn't even really talk about Smith at all. No look at his mechanics, nothing about getting the ball off quickly or anything. He just said because we're going to go from under center and run the ball more that last Sunday was a mirage.

Of course Smith isn't going to be averaging 200 yards and 3 TDs a half. I think anyone that thought that was going to happen is going to be sorely disappointed. That doesn't mean he's on the right track or anything.
Originally posted by Reckless:
Baldy feels what us fans saw against Texans was a "mirage".

The spread was used because we were down. And WILL NOT be used otherwise. Soft coverage led to Davis being open over the middle to get tackled and keep clock running.

one to two lucky passes is a mirage.... but when you lightem up for up for 200 sum yards and 3 tds, thats just ownage my friend
  • Luca
  • Veteran
Oh man, I hope Alex makes Baldinger eat his words!!!!!!!!
Baldinger and a lot of guys on nfl network should not even be payed to comment on this type of thing. Also, Smith can still make plays from the I-formation and it doesn't have to be a spread. No one in the NFL runs a spread all the time. We will try and run but when Hill was starting no one respected the pass game so everybody ganged up on the run because we were the most obvious team in the NFL saying we were going to be a smash mouth run team. Smith gives us more respect in the passing game so the run should do better too.
what team does balldinger coach again? thats right, no team. he's just a talking head that likes to run the odds. the odds have us losing so baldi picks us to suck. f**k him, he will choke upon those words and curse the day he spurned the mighty 49ers!!!
Originally posted by cestmoi:

MM is wrong

Oh really? Do tell.. Unless of course you where joking...
Originally posted by Eduardo75:

MM is wrong

Oh really? Do tell.. Unless of course you where joking...

Yes yes, do.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Baldinger's job security is a mirage.
Originally posted by B650:
I like the way we attacked against Houston in the 2nd half. I hope we play aggressive and try to build up a big lead so that way our defense can play more aggressive. I hope we don't go back to our old way of just hanging in there so we can win it in the 4th quarter. We need to put teams away. Yes, we should run the ball, but with the weapons we have, there's no reason why we shouldn't play like we did in the 2nd half in Houston, at least from time to time. We need to stretch the field, and I hope Raye understands that this helps the run game as well.

Agree! I want this offense to be aggressive & try to win the game, not just try not to lose the game. Go 49ers!
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Joe and Sterling's analysis of the Colts was better but still poor because they used tape against the Rams to prove their point. The Rams? C'mon. These are the so called experts?

EXACLTY!!! All these so called "experts" know NOTHING more than the average fan. While most fans are watching the entire game, the experts just watch 10 minutes of it and make their analyses.

Originally posted by Chico:
Joe and Sterling's analysis of the Colts was better but still poor because they used tape against the Rams to prove their point. The Rams? C'mon. These are the so called experts?

EXACLTY!!! All these so called "experts" know NOTHING more than the average fan. While most fans are watching the entire game, the experts just watch 10 minutes of it and make their analyses.

Why does using some individual plays against the Rams, the last team Indy played, make their analysis bad? They were just explaining what Peyton did, which was make amazing plays. An amazing play is an amazing play whether it be against the Rams, Niners, Raiders, or Browns. Peyton is the best QB in the game, deal with it.

I would like you to break down the tape like Joe and Sterling did and explain to me the mechanics of what went on.

How do you know they only watched 10 minutes of the game? On Sunday most of these guys sit in a room with wall to wall big screens with every game on. Not to mention, because it is their job, they can go back and watch entire games and break them down. I mean, they work for the NFL Network, what else is there to do?

Anyway, I think their analysis is fine, except for the few mistakes made by Baldy. The Niner's offense against the Texans may be a "mirage," given it was against a bad pass defense to begin with in a second half where they were acting like they already won. The true test will be this week when the Niners play one of the top pass defenses in the league, then we will see if it is a mirage or not.
[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Oct 30, 2009 at 6:27 AM ]
Originally posted by B650:
That's fine, because we'll be down against Indianapolis as well.

MM is wrong

Sayin' so don't make it so. Maiocco broke it down pretty clearly. Where is he wrong?
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Oct 30, 2009 at 6:59 AM ]