There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Did our game vs. Tennessee just get harder or easier?

• DJD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Dude are you kidding? Think about it their season is on the brink and the Journeymen QB that they have in place to "manage" games is stinking up the joint, so now they are planning on starting a former first round bust at QB man-o-man I would not want to be in their shoes!

Sarcasm / Irony post of the day!!
I cannot wait for this game!!!
Dude are you kidding? Think about it their season is on the brink and the Journeymen QB that they have in place to "manage" games is stinking up the joint, so now they are planning on starting a former first round bust at QB man-o-man I would not want to be in their shoes!

are u talking bout the titans or the niners?
You mean harder than this weekend's game vs Peyton Manning?
  • Adman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
You mean harder than this weekend's game vs Peyton Manning?

Nothing is going to be harder than this weekends game. But this thread has nothing to do with Peyton.
Originally posted by DJD:

Not to hijack the thread but..... It should be interesting to note that most of these young gun top QB draft picks in recent years starting with Alex Smith in 05 have ended up struggling mightily. Exceptions being Aaron Rodgers (who enjoyed the luxury of carrying the clipboard for a HOFER QB for 2 years), Jay Cutler who certainly had his share of growing pains and Matt Ryan who for the most part has been brilliant. Look at Sanchez. 3 games in he's the next Peyton Manning now he's tanking faster than Kanye's career.

It will be interesting to see how VY does. Maybe he can revive his career now that much of the pressure he faced a few years ago is gone. That's a lot of pressure to place on a 22-24 year old rookie no matter how many millions of dollars are thrown at him. We know this well, no?
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Don't foreget about big Ben and Flacco. Those two dudes have managed to hit the ground running too for the most part. Some could argue that Ben ain't so good, especially to be wearing a pair of rings. But this year he seems to be expanding his skill set and is putting up some nice numbers.
It's about the same. The Titans have all kinds of trouble and changing an old has-been for a future bust isn't going to make much of a difference.

Thanks for noticing!
Don't foreget about big Ben and Flacco. Those two dudes have managed to hit the ground running too for the most part. Some could argue that Ben ain't so good, especially to be wearing a pair of rings. But this year he seems to be expanding his skill set and is putting up some nice numbers.

Yes Flacco. Thanks for listing him. That's who I couldn't think of. Big Ben was before AS so I purposely did not include him but he is a good example of a QB who got it from day one.

At first VY looked legit so did Leinart and this year Sanchez until defenses figured them out causing them to hit a wall. Campbell looked good for a while then struggled as well.

All of these guys have an opportunity to re-energize their careers. I hope they all can except for Leinart. I'm okay with AZ having instability at the QB position for the next 20 years
Originally posted by Adman:
Vince Young is officially starting this week. I'm assuming this means he will also start next week against us.

So how do you guys feel about this new development, and the differences he will bring to the Titans. Is this a good thing for us? Or bad thing for us?

Have you seen Vince Young play?

Newsflash! We are also starting a former first round pick.
[ Edited by NJNiner on Oct 29, 2009 at 4:07 PM ]
Young isn't a rookie anymore. This isn't the pre-season. If you think they're not going to prepare, you're kidding yourselves.

Vince could be either way. But I doubt it'll be such a cake walk. Chris Johnson is their most dangerous weapon and if they find ways to get him the ball .. watch out. They're not just going to be content to continue doing things that have made them lose so far.

I expect changes from the Titans, a new look, and a much more difficult game than people expect.
Originally posted by valrod33:
f**k the titans

this
It got easier. Pretty sure all of our linebackers are faster than him so his scrambling ability will be nullified.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home