LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

So..... Are we still making the playoffs?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

So..... Are we still making the playoffs?

Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by 5280High:
Yes, the card's are still one injury away from losing every remaining game.

Who on their team would have that much impact?? Warner? Fitzgerald?

If Warner goes down their season is over.

I'm not so sure about that... I agree that there would probably be a couple games drop off with Leinart at the helm, but they have a stellar defense and their offense could float by and do just enough to win. Especially with their schedule. I was impressed with his play during the pre-season (and yes I know it was only pre-season!). They have a very good chance of winning 10-11 games this year, so losing a couple would still leave them ahead of us IMO.

Their pass defense is awful, their rush defense is great...I hope when we play them next time we learned and pass a lot because lets face it we will not be able to run effectively against them.

You are right, but they play really well as a unit... Cardinals D - Pass = 29th, Run = 1st!, Overall = 15th. I'm really interested to see how they do against Carolina because they have no running game! Carolina's D - Pass = 1st, Run = 26th!, Overall = 4th! I actually think Carolina has a chance at beating them.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

So Classic
HELLS YES!!!
Originally posted by vermonator:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Not this year. But, the team looks to finish 8-8, which is a game better than I thought at the start of the season.

The Niners' year is in 2010.

Looking at the schedule I have to agree, but it could still be a special season.

Thats my approach, however, if Smith does finish out the season well, and remains our starter. Then next year's schedule is looking pretty promising. I think we can win at least 7 or 8 of our final 10 games. You never know what can happen.
  • cools
  • Veteran
I sure hope so, but the OL situtaion is bad, and probably cant be fixed till the off season, I'd be much more optimistic if we were stronger there
One game at a time. Anything can happen during the season to shake things up one way or another, but we sure can't lose to Indy while the Cards whoop on the weak ass Panthers.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
I predicted a record of 10-6. I figured we would beat either Houston or Atlanta to be 4-2 at this point in the season.

So in order to get to 10-6, we will have to go 7-3 through the remaining schedule. I see that as doable, but there is little margin for error.. We will have win every game we are favorded or pick em'd in and steal one along the way.

agree
We better for the sake of my health...
I'm going to stay hopeful, but I don't think we'll make the playoffs. The Cards have a lot of winnable games, and I think we are going to struggle with a few. Hopefully the QB change and Crabs coming in will spark some change, but I have to agree with Matt, its not looking good. THAT DAMN VIKING GAME.

I don't see getting to the playoffs with this team, too many holes on both sides of the ball. Scot is killing this team's chances.
I still think we're a .500 team +/- one game. So I put our playoff chances at 50%, depending on how hot the Cards get.

Accuscore, however, puts our playoff chances at 23.6% and our chances at winning the division at 19.7%.

Link
Its going to come down to the 2nd game vs the cards. Looking at the schedules, we each have 3 to 4 more losses coming.

For us, we're looking at IND, GB, ARI, and PHI as potential losses (I think we win @ home vs. Chicago).

For Arizona, they have @CHI, MIN, SF, and GB; needless to say, their win over the Giants was HUGE for them.

I see us going into the matchup against Arizona at 7-5, with ARI sitting at 8-4. Afte that game, each team gets to play the Rams and Lions, while Arizona plays GB and we play Philly.

We'll beat Arizona in Frisco, but I do not think that we will win the division.

I predict we lose to Philly and go 10-6, Arizona goes 11-5 or 10-6. If Arizona loses to Green Bay at home in week 17, we'll win the division via tiebreaker. If they win, they'll be div champs.

However, 10-6 is still a wild card contender and a 10-win, non-playoff season would still be a vistory, in my opinion. The only problem for the wild card is that we may lose all the head-to-head tiebrackers vs. Green Bay, Philly, and Atlanta.

Positives:

We could lose to Green Bay and still beat them to the 6-seed -- GB still has to play MIN, DAL, SF, BAL, @CHI, @PIT, @ARI.
Atlanta still has to play New Orleans twice, the Giants, Philly, the Jets, and Buffalo.
Philly has murders' row in the 2nd half: the giants twice, dallas twice, @SD, @CHI, @ATL, SF, and DEN. With that schedule, I don't see how philly makes the playoffs.
Dallas has to play Philly twice, @GB, @NYG, SD, @NO, @WAS, PHI (I put the WAS game on there because they alwys play tought, regardless of talent levels, when playing each other)

So if Philly is out, that leaves us, Chicago, Green Bay, Atlanta, and Dallas as wild card contenders...and Chicago might not be that competitive outside of divisional games by December.
we should.
Its still to early to tell, ask me after the chicago game.
Share 49ersWebzone