LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 223 users in the forums

So..... Are we still making the playoffs?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

So..... Are we still making the playoffs?

I absolutely think this team can make the playoffs. If they don't, it's of their own doing.
Don't care what anyone says if We want to make the playoffs it starts this Sunday with the colts. I seriously think we can catch them off gaurd but Alex is going to have to play lights out football.....10-6 here we come.
The cards seem to just be hitting their stride right now. After this sunday, we will probably be two games back. I could still see us going 9-7 or 8-8, but I think the cards will have 10 or 11 victories. With that being said, anything can happen in the nfl. If they lose warner or a wr or suddenly their line gets banged up, things could change dramatically.

If we get 8 or more wins, I will be okay with that...
Originally posted by SJniner7:
The cards seem to just be hitting their stride right now. After this sunday, we will probably be two games back. I could still see us going 9-7 or 8-8, but I think the cards will have 10 or 11 victories. With that being said, anything can happen in the nfl. If they lose warner or a wr or suddenly their line gets banged up, things could change dramatically.

I agree 8 or more wins works for me considering that would mean that Smith gave us some hope at qb. And we have 2 1st round picks!
the cards will not win 10 or 11 games no freaking way. Their schedule is way harder than the 9ers and they are not better. The 9ers have the advantage in D, ST, RB, TE and I believe with Crabtree and Jones back the WRs will very good on the 9ers as well.
I said yes, but that Arizona schedule is awfully soft.

If both teams are tied heading into the last two games of the season, or even if Arizona is one game ahead, I think the Niners have a great shot.
[ Edited by Schulzy on Oct 29, 2009 at 8:59 PM ]
All we need is to beat our div one more time and get a couple more besides and we are in. GO NINERS
Yep. And we're winning the division too.
Originally posted by jays9ers:
I just got done reading Matt Maiocco's article on the 49ers and Cards.... And basically it's not looking to good for us. The Cards schedule is very favorable compared to ours.. I can see us going 9-7, but the Cards can win 10 or 11 games..

CARDINALS (4-2) REMAINING SCHEDULE

CAROLINA (2-4)

At Chicago (3-3)

SEATTLE (2-4)

At St. Louis (0-7)

At Tennessee (0-6)

MINNESOTA (6-1)

At 49ers (3-3)

At Detroit (1-5)

ST. LOUIS (0-7)

GREEN BAY (4-2

49ERS (3-3) REMAINING SCHEDULE

At Indianapolis (6-0)

TENNESSEE (0-6)

CHICAGO (3-3)

At Green Bay (4-2)

JACKSONVILLE (3-3)

At Seattle (2-4)

ARIZONA (4-2)

At Philadelphia (4-2)

DETROIT (1-5)

At St. Louis (0-7)

So if we split Cards series and win out in the division do we win the West???

THE ONLY WAY WE HAVE A CHANCE IF WE SWEEP THE CARDS
  • Nabisko
  • Info N/A
Not a doubt in my mind.. Yeah the Cardinals might be on the rise for now, but the momentumn will shift in our direction very soon. Stay tuned ladies and gentlemen. The 49er's are about to shock the world. Not next year. You are witnessing the turn around right before your very eyes. A big THANK YOU to all of my fellow fans for being faithful during these trying years. In this forumn we will always know who the true fans are and always have been. Get ready to be flooded with the band wagon bloggers!!!
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerman49:
Originally posted by jays9ers:
I just got done reading Matt Maiocco's article on the 49ers and Cards.... And basically it's not looking to good for us. The Cards schedule is very favorable compared to ours.. I can see us going 9-7, but the Cards can win 10 or 11 games..

CARDINALS (4-2) REMAINING SCHEDULE

CAROLINA (2-4)

At Chicago (3-3)

SEATTLE (2-4)

At St. Louis (0-7)

At Tennessee (0-6)

MINNESOTA (6-1)

At 49ers (3-3)

At Detroit (1-5)

ST. LOUIS (0-7)

GREEN BAY (4-2

49ERS (3-3) REMAINING SCHEDULE

At Indianapolis (6-0)

TENNESSEE (0-6)

CHICAGO (3-3)

At Green Bay (4-2)

JACKSONVILLE (3-3)

At Seattle (2-4)

ARIZONA (4-2)

At Philadelphia (4-2)

DETROIT (1-5)

At St. Louis (0-7)

So if we split Cards series and win out in the division do we win the West???

THE ONLY WAY WE HAVE A CHANCE IF WE SWEEP THE CARDS

Most likely, we'll also need to beat at least 1 of these 3 teams:

Indianapolis
Green Bay
Philadelpia

If we do, we're in.
[ Edited by B650 on Oct 30, 2009 at 12:03 AM ]

remember last year when the cards fell apart at the end of the regular season. The only reason they made it to the playoffs is because they swept us. But i do believe in order for us to make the playoffs the cardinal will have to lose to chicago, seattle, minnesota, 49ers, and greenbay.
[ Edited by insanemike27 on Oct 30, 2009 at 3:18 AM ]
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
hell no

well we can all thank shaun hill for that
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
hell no

well we can all thank shaun hill for that

We'll find out more next week.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Not this year. But, the team looks to finish 8-8, which is a game better than I thought at the start of the season.

The Niners' year is in 2010.

please. we have a cake remaining schedule with only 1 east coast game, and last season 6 of the 12 playoff teams were .500 or worse after 7 weeks.

way too early to write off the season. come on.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by SJniner7:

I agree 8 or more wins works for me considering that would mean that Smith gave us some hope at qb. And we have 2 1st round picks!
the cards will not win 10 or 11 games no freaking way. Their schedule is way harder than the 9ers and they are not better. The 9ers have the advantage in D, ST, RB, TE and I believe with Crabtree and Jones back the WRs will very good on the 9ers as well.

This could be argued, but I am not sure our D is better as a whole... ILB yes, OLB probably a draw with AZ having an edge, D line is definitely AZ, and our secondary has been getting torched lately (which is probably more of an effect of an inconsistent pass rush. Our RB should be better, but has not really shown in this year, and our TE is better...

Also, AZ is playing in Chicago, and we are in GB, where we have almost always been bad...

Our schedules still look about the same, as in both teams have had just about all of their "supposed" difficult games...
[ Edited by SJniner7 on Oct 30, 2009 at 7:18 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone