LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

LOL ! at the Alex Smith Fan Club....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Damn it must suck to be you. Fans want hope. Alex gives us more hope then Hill does at the moment. I just jumped off the Hill bandwagon and wiggled my way on the Smith bandwagon. Rather do that then be a bitter fan.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Yay! Pessimism!

Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Just my theory:

Do you know why defenses are putting eight in the box against the Niners offense? It's not because of our running game, but because of Shaun Hill. Hill doesn't have the arm strength to throw vertically, therefore defenses are basically playing a cover 1 shell and bringing the strong safety to team up with the LBs up to clog up the short-to-intermediate routes.

Defenses have picked it up. They know ALL of Hill's strengths and weaknesses. During the last two games Shaun Hill's shortcomings have been exposed: He doesn't have the arm strength to make defenses play our team deep.

I agree. Dont get me wrong. Im in no position to defend Hill. I was hoping he could carry us for the rest of the season, but I guess he cant. I think Im just more disappointed that we dont have a legit QB on this roster to fill the void. The fact that the masses are gushing over Alex Smith and his one half of good play (compared to a career's worth of nothingness) just shows how devoid of talent this team really is. It also shows how delusional we've become as fans.

I wonder who the last "bust" becoming a superstar 4-5 years later was ? I'll have to think about that one.....

Other answered this question better then I
[ Edited by WINiner on Oct 27, 2009 at 5:08 AM ]
People giving excuses for why he did good aren't very smart. Even the texans coach saying he wasn't prepared for Smith is bull s**t. It's an excuse to say when you give up a touchdown and some yards. But 3 touchdowns on the same play? That's just Alex Smith looking impressive and firing the ball downfield. Defenses adjust all the time and they had no excuses for what happened they almost gave the game away and Smith was amazing!@ So for our fans who aren't confident you have your rights thats for sure, but when was the last time a 49er qb threw 3 td's when playing ONE HALF. YAY
Originally posted by Thrash88:
People giving excuses for why he did good aren't very smart. Even the texans coach saying he wasn't prepared for Smith is bull s**t. It's an excuse to say when you give up a touchdown and some yards. But 3 touchdowns on the same play? That's just Alex Smith looking impressive and firing the ball downfield. Defenses adjust all the time and they had no excuses for what happened they almost gave the game away and Smith was amazing!@ So for our fans who aren't confident you have your rights thats for sure, but when was the last time a 49er qb threw 3 td's when playing ONE HALF. YAY

ALEX HATERS.

~ Excuses when he does good.

~ This is the real Alex "BUST" when he throws a pick and does bad.

It's just being selective really. It's what they always do.
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Can we at least see one full game by him before we think we can predict the future? I'm not on Smiths nuts, but geez, he's in a hell of a lot better situation he was at any point of his short career

Being able to predict the future has quite a bit ti di with empirical evidence gathered from the past. Are you aware of Smith's play in the past? You do know what that evidence points to, right?

I really do hope for the best though because he palys for the Niners.

I'm with Zref on this though, there has been a lot of very, very bad play under the bridge, and I will have to be thoroughly convinced by game after game of dynamic play before I invest any belief that what he had was nothing more than a great half, an the future will be quarter, just like that one..

Show me..

GO NINERS!

BTW- Mr. OP, you were asking for da heat weren't you?? Naughty boy!!
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

ALEX HATERS.

Also, don't forget that Alex Smith haters have excuses when JTO or Hill did poorly.
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

ALEX HATERS.

Also, don't forget that Alex Smith haters have excuses when JTO or Hill did poorly.

Yeah I know. They say the O. Line wasn't blocking good when Hill was in there...

First of all Alex's O Line's were terrible when he first started his career. That wouldn't effect his play?

Secondly the O Line was the same one working with Alex in the last game. Why such a difference in performence?
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by RonMexico:
um

no one is forgetting anything you mentioned there have been multiple posts about all of them. A former number one overall pick looked good and is now again our starting QB after not playing for 2 years, that kinda stands out.

So I truly have no clue wtf you are talking about and it seems this post is simply to say how you feel about Alex Smith which can be done in one of the many other threads

This.
Share 49ersWebzone