There are 223 users in the forums

LOL ! at the Alex Smith Fan Club....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • ZRF80
Forget that we lost to a mediocre team that wont even sniff the playoffs. Forget that our top 10 defense has fallen from grace. Forget that we went from 3-1 (easily 4-0) to 3-3 and most probably 3-4 after next Sunday....

Oh no, forget all those useless tidbits.

The Zone here is having one of those "my boner's out of my boxers" moment where they see Alex Smith perform one of his rare "magic tricks" that dazzle the crowds, bamboozle the misinformed, and electrify the masses. Thats right folks. After ALL that hard work, Alex Smith has arrived. And so has, miraculously, his forgotten arm. The once considered "bust" of Niner lore has finally learned through divine intervention how to throw a ball...........and man, arent we impressed ?

Of course, no one here will acknowledge that our playoff dreams for 2009 are shattered; our once promising season is now down the drain. No......we'd rather immerse ourselves in the greatness that is Alex Smith. So here we go again.....a lot of miscues, misthrows, and superb 87.5 QB ratings along with the all too familiar 15/22 for 136 yards passing stats. Of course, we'll see the occasional 200-250 yard games where we've been put out by the opponent by halftime, then Smith will go on a tear in the 4th quarter against 3rd stringers.

And at the end, when it's all said and done.......our GLARING need for a legit QB will be forgotten for yet another year, cause we'll all be convinced that Joe Montana has been reborn in San Fran.

It's become an all too familiar tune in the Bay Area.

Good luck in Indy this week Alex. Im sure you'll rip Manning a new one.
That's got to be a lot of fun. Hoping for the worst.
Cause Shaun Hill is so much better right now?

-9fA
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by Winners:
That's got to be a lot of fun. Hoping for the worst.

The truth hurts....
I'm still counting on Nate Davis..
Can we at least see one full game by him before we think we can predict the future? I'm not on Smiths nuts, but geez, he's in a hell of a lot better situation he was at any point of his short career
I've disliked him for quite some time now.

I will give it to him that he was very impressive that half, obviously leading to get the starting nod for the away game vs. the Colts.

He has to show me he can move the chains effortlessly while making good decisions week in and week out for me to get off the hatewagon.

Time will tell, lets just hope the same Alex shows up in Indy. That along with a serviceable Oline & running game.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Forget that we lost to a mediocre team that wont even sniff the playoffs. Forget that our top 10 defense has fallen from grace. Forget that we went from 3-1 (easily 4-0) to 3-3 and most probably 3-4 after next Sunday....

The Zone here is having one of those "my boner's out of my boxers" moment where they see Alex Smith perform one of his rare "magic tricks" that dazzle the crowds, bamboozle the misinformed, and electrify the masses. Thats right folks. After ALL that hard work, Alex Smith has arrived. And so has, miraculously, his forgotten arm. The once considered "bust" of Niner lore has finally learned through divine intervention how to throw a ball...........and man, arent we impressed ?

Of course, no one here will acknowledge that our playoff dreams for 2009 are shattered; our once promising season is now down the drain. No......we'd rather immerse ourselves in the greatness that is Alex Smith. So here we go again.....a lot of miscues, misthrows, and superb 87.5 QB ratings along with the all too familiar 15/22 for 136 yards passing stats. Of course, we'll see the occasional 200-250 yard games where we've been put out by the opponent by halftime, then Smith will go on a tear in the 4th quarter against 3rd stringers.

And at the end, when it's all said and done.......our GLARING need for a legit QB will be forgotten for yet another year, cause we'll all be convinced that Joe Montana has been reborn in San Fran.

So are you not in the fan club?
Yay! Pessimism!
Alex "the Smith" had his first NFL start against the Colts.

Now, Alex "the Phenix" is going to have his first NFL start against the Colts.

AFTER the game, you are free to poop on the party, if, at that time, it is warranted.

Until then, let the poor bird fly, will ya?

Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Yay! Pessimism!

I bet the rebuttal will be "I'm a realist blah blah"

it does sound like a dose of Hater to me
Give it a game. He played FAR better in that one half of football than he has ever played in his career as a niner prior. If sucks, he sucks, but I'm intrigued enough to give it another go. Also, no one is forgetting our playoff situation. We all know 10 games is the minimum we need to get a berth, which is part of the reason why we're hoping Alex can put some life back into this offense.
I agree with most of what you're saying here, other than that our 2009 season is shattered and over. we're 3-3. I never knew sitting at .500 6 games into the season was a complete failure?

sure the Colts are good. Sure Peyton Manning is one of the best QBs of all time. But any given sunday, sh*t can happen. If the stinking Raiders can pull off an upset and beat the Eagles.. we have a chance at beating the Colts.

I've never been an Alex Smith fan. In fact, i'm one of those on here that constantly talked smack about the guy because he was horrible. But I'll give credit when credit is due. Smith put up 21 points in a half and was throwing the ball like we've never seen before. Sure the defense probably didn't expect a different QB or the spread offense we ran, but he gave us more offense than we've had all year.

As a fan, I'll root for the guy doing well. Let's just hope he stays hot and keeps on putting up points.
Originally posted by ZRF80:

Will you please go become a Raiders fan?......and never return here again.
Classic Z post. BTW, how about them Suns?
Share 49ersWebzone