Originally posted by wwrivers:Originally posted by Ceadderman:
The fact that we lost to a "mediocre team who won't sniff the Playoffs" should be a bit concerning to you ZRF.
But hey, okay, let's take this a step further.
The fact that your boy Shaun threw a whopping 45 yds & no score in the 1st half should have you putting a gun to your head as you're wondering where we went wrong.
I'll tell you where if you put that thing down.
We went wrong when Hill was named QB1.
Let me sum it up like this.
Shaun Hill= 5 1/2 games played. 155 Attempts, 87 Completions, 56.1 Completion %, 6.1 YDS PER ATTEMPT, 5 TDs' ,2 INTs', 18 Sacks, 107 yds lost( Avg of about 6 yds per sack) and a QB Rating(your favorite stat) of 79.6
Okay now you ready? I don't want you to pull the trigger or step out on a ledge now.
Alex Smith 22 Attempts 15 Completions 68.2 Comp. %, 9.4 yds per attempt, 3 TD's, 1 INT(in a comeback bid), ZERO Sacks, For a QB Rating of 118.6
Alex did that in ONE HALF trying to pull us out of the hole that your man Shaun dug.
You talk out your bum about our Defense. For if Shaun could have kept more than his average 1.43(actually it's less) drives going then Alex would NEVER have seen the field. The Defense would not have been as GASSED game in and game out and you would never have put that .38 Special to your head.
Oh and did I mention that Alex did all that behind the SAME Line as Shaun didn't put up numbers behind?
I've stated all along that Shaun didn't work behind the same unit that Alex had to stand behind. Well this time the shoe is on the other foot and Alex performed admirably behind the SAME unit that Shaun was getting pummeled behind.
Just let the hate go bro.
Let it go.
~Ceadder
While I agree with most of what you posted, I have to take exception with the part about us going wrong starting Hill at the beginning of the season. Hill had to start. He played well enough to win games last year. He helped Sing get the job as HC. At the beginning of the season most fans weren't ready to see Smith play again--they would have jumped on every bad pass as proof positive that he was a bust. Plus, it no doubt helped Smith to sit and learn the offense for the first few games.
Putting Smith in now is the only way to salvage the season. Smith comes in as a hero, not a loser who was handed the QB job (as in the past). This is the only way he could have a chance to succeed. Plus, if Hill had played well enough to keep winning, he deserved to be the starter.
Now do you think Hill will still be on the team next year? I doubt it.
I think that Hill will be on the team this time next year. He won't be QB1 barring injury, but he's got a contract that is current. I see no reason not to keep him on the team behind Alex.
I agree that Hill needed to start, but don't agree that it was the best for the team and the season.
And while people would have pointed at every wrong thing done, we're back at that point now. Look at the instigator of this thread. I know that some have gone 180, but ZRF is a die hard Smith hater. Smith could be holding the 9ers 6th Lombardi over his head and ZRF would find SOMETHING to whine about.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Oct 27, 2009 at 1:56 AM ]


