Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

LOL ! at the Alex Smith Fan Club....

• B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Just my theory:

Do you know why defenses are putting eight in the box against the Niners offense? It's not because of our running game, but because of Shaun Hill. Hill doesn't have the arm strength to throw vertically, therefore defenses are basically playing a cover 1 shell and bringing the strong safety to team up with the LBs up to clog up the short-to-intermediate routes.

Defenses have picked it up. They know ALL of Hill's strengths and weaknesses. During the last two games Shaun Hill's shortcomings have been exposed: He doesn't have the arm strength to make defenses play our team deep.

I agree. Dont get me wrong. Im in no position to defend Hill. I was hoping he could carry us for the rest of the season, but I guess he cant. I think Im just more disappointed that we dont have a legit QB on this roster to fill the void. The fact that the masses are gushing over Alex Smith and his one half of good play (compared to a career's worth of nothingness) just shows how devoid of talent this team really is. It also shows how delusional we've become as fans.

I wonder who the last "bust" becoming a superstar 4-5 years later was ? I'll have to think about that one.....

Everyone thought Davis was a bust too, remember? Now can you honestly tell me that he is? No. It's all about patience. I don't think anyone is saying that Alex is definitely the future of this franchise, but we do know for a fact that he's an upgrade over Shaun Hill. We also know that this is good for the team because now we can figure out once and for all if we need to draft a QB next season or just stick with Alex.

That beats going 8-8 with Hill and still not knowing what's going to happen at the QB position, right?
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by B650:
Just my theory:

Do you know why defenses are putting eight in the box against the Niners offense? It's not because of our running game, but because of Shaun Hill. Hill doesn't have the arm strength to throw vertically, therefore defenses are basically playing a cover 1 shell and bringing the strong safety to team up with the LBs up to clog up the short-to-intermediate routes.

Defenses have picked it up. They know ALL of Hill's strengths and weaknesses. During the last two games Shaun Hill's shortcomings have been exposed: He doesn't have the arm strength to make defenses play our team deep.

I agree. Dont get me wrong. Im in no position to defend Hill. I was hoping he could carry us for the rest of the season, but I guess he cant. I think Im just more disappointed that we dont have a legit QB on this roster to fill the void. The fact that the masses are gushing over Alex Smith and his one half of good play (compared to a career's worth of nothingness) just shows how devoid of talent this team really is. It also shows how delusional we've become as fans.

I wonder who the last "bust" becoming a superstar 4-5 years later was ? I'll have to think about that one.....

Everyone thought Davis was a bust too, remember? Now can you honestly tell me that he is? No. It's all about patience. I don't think anyone is saying that Alex is definitely the future of this franchise, but we do know for a fact that he's an upgrade over Shaun Hill. We also know that this is good for the team because now we can figure out once and for all if we need to draft a QB next season or just stick with Alex.

That beats going 8-8 with Hill and still not knowing what's going to happen at the QB position, right?

Fair enough. Im a Niners fan first, and I just want them to win. If Smith can do it, so be it. I dont think he can, but that doesnt mean I dont want our team to win.

Lets see what Smith got.....
Just my theory:

................Steve Young
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
The fact that we lost to a "mediocre team who won't sniff the Playoffs" should be a bit concerning to you ZRF.

But hey, okay, let's take this a step further.

The fact that your boy Shaun threw a whopping 45 yds & no score in the 1st half should have you putting a gun to your head as you're wondering where we went wrong.

I'll tell you where if you put that thing down.

We went wrong when Hill was named QB1.

Let me sum it up like this.

Shaun Hill= 5 1/2 games played. 155 Attempts, 87 Completions, 56.1 Completion %, 6.1 YDS PER ATTEMPT, 5 TDs' ,2 INTs', 18 Sacks, 107 yds lost( Avg of about 6 yds per sack) and a QB Rating(your favorite stat) of 79.6

Okay now you ready? I don't want you to pull the trigger or step out on a ledge now.

Alex Smith 22 Attempts 15 Completions 68.2 Comp. %, 9.4 yds per attempt, 3 TD's, 1 INT(in a comeback bid), ZERO Sacks, For a QB Rating of 118.6

Alex did that in ONE HALF trying to pull us out of the hole that your man Shaun dug.

You talk out your bum about our Defense. For if Shaun could have kept more than his average 1.43(actually it's less) drives going then Alex would NEVER have seen the field. The Defense would not have been as GASSED game in and game out and you would never have put that .38 Special to your head.

Oh and did I mention that Alex did all that behind the SAME Line as Shaun didn't put up numbers behind?

I've stated all along that Shaun didn't work behind the same unit that Alex had to stand behind. Well this time the shoe is on the other foot and Alex performed admirably behind the SAME unit that Shaun was getting pummeled behind.

Just let the hate go bro.

Let it go.

~Ceadder

While I agree with most of what you posted, I have to take exception with the part about us going wrong starting Hill at the beginning of the season. Hill had to start. He played well enough to win games last year. He helped Sing get the job as HC. At the beginning of the season most fans weren't ready to see Smith play again--they would have jumped on every bad pass as proof positive that he was a bust. Plus, it no doubt helped Smith to sit and learn the offense for the first few games.

Putting Smith in now is the only way to salvage the season. Smith comes in as a hero, not a loser who was handed the QB job (as in the past). This is the only way he could have a chance to succeed. Plus, if Hill had played well enough to keep winning, he deserved to be the starter.

Now do you think Hill will still be on the team next year? I doubt it.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Just my theory:

I'll take Jim Plunkett for 50 Z About the "Smith is back!" thing I have a question, if the Niners win does it matter who the qb is? I swear its funny as hell to see the Hillites versus the Smithsonians go at it.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Oct 27, 2009 at 1:17 AM ]
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Just my theory:

Jim Plunkett?

cedric benson
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Just my theory:

Jim Plunkett?

cedric benson

Drew Brees
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Just my theory:

Jim Plunkett?

cedric benson

Drew Brees

you just got f**king burned man
Forget that we lost to a mediocre team that wont even sniff the playoffs. Forget that our top 10 defense has fallen from grace. Forget that we went from 3-1 (easily 4-0) to 3-3 and most probably 3-4 after next Sunday....

Oh no, forget all those useless tidbits.

The Zone here is having one of those "my boner's out of my boxers" moment where they see Alex Smith perform one of his rare "magic tricks" that dazzle the crowds, bamboozle the misinformed, and electrify the masses. Thats right folks. After ALL that hard work, Alex Smith has arrived. And so has, miraculously, his forgotten arm. The once considered "bust" of Niner lore has finally learned through divine intervention how to throw a ball...........and man, arent we impressed ?

Of course, no one here will acknowledge that our playoff dreams for 2009 are shattered; our once promising season is now down the drain. No......we'd rather immerse ourselves in the greatness that is Alex Smith. So here we go again.....a lot of miscues, misthrows, and superb 87.5 QB ratings along with the all too familiar 15/22 for 136 yards passing stats. Of course, we'll see the occasional 200-250 yard games where we've been put out by the opponent by halftime, then Smith will go on a tear in the 4th quarter against 3rd stringers.

And at the end, when it's all said and done.......our GLARING need for a legit QB will be forgotten for yet another year, cause we'll all be convinced that Joe Montana has been reborn in San Fran.

It's become an all too familiar tune in the Bay Area.

Good luck in Indy this week Alex. Im sure you'll rip Manning a new one.

Look we aren't going to win the next game. But did you think Shaun Hill was going to win going into an undefeated INDY?... Either way we would lose. We now have a QB who can throw greater than a 7 yard pass. So it opens up our offense. He can get the ball down the field to VD and Crabtree. That gives us our best chance to win.

Why is that so hard to understand?

I'm calling loss at INDY. Already expected. And then evaluate him beyond that. Anybody would lose at INDY the way they are playing so I don't really include that game in the evaluation. That's just getting his feet wet and getting back in the starting lineup after 2 years out. I'd be happy if he plays well even if we lose.
Originally posted by B650:
Just my theory:

exactly my stance too. Hill couldn't get it done. Everyone else on the team is finally reaching their potential under Singletary, why not Alex too?

Worst case scenario -- Alex bombs again, we miss the playoffs (which may have happened anyways), .....then we get to see what Nate Davis can do against 1st string Defenses during the last few games of the season.... then we'll need to know for sure if we need to draft a QB with Carolinas pick.
Forget that we lost to a mediocre team that wont even sniff the playoffs. Forget that our top 10 defense has fallen from grace. Forget that we went from 3-1 (easily 4-0) to 3-3 and most probably 3-4 after next Sunday....

The Zone here is having one of those "my boner's out of my boxers" moment where they see Alex Smith perform one of his rare "magic tricks" that dazzle the crowds, bamboozle the misinformed, and electrify the masses. Thats right folks. After ALL that hard work, Alex Smith has arrived. And so has, miraculously, his forgotten arm. The once considered "bust" of Niner lore has finally learned through divine intervention how to throw a ball...........and man, arent we impressed ?

Of course, no one here will acknowledge that our playoff dreams for 2009 are shattered; our once promising season is now down the drain. No......we'd rather immerse ourselves in the greatness that is Alex Smith. So here we go again.....a lot of miscues, misthrows, and superb 87.5 QB ratings along with the all too familiar 15/22 for 136 yards passing stats. Of course, we'll see the occasional 200-250 yard games where we've been put out by the opponent by halftime, then Smith will go on a tear in the 4th quarter against 3rd stringers.

And at the end, when it's all said and done.......our GLARING need for a legit QB will be forgotten for yet another year, cause we'll all be convinced that Joe Montana has been reborn in San Fran.

Wow!!!!

What a completely worthless post!!!!!!

Congrats
  • texaniner
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Dr_Gonzo:

Will you please go become a Raiders fan?......and never return here again.

yes pleazzz leave..... HATER
I don't look at Smith as a bust just yet.

He had a horrible rookie year on a horrible team, much improved 2nd year. He had an awful 3rd year with the shoulder injury and the worst offensive coordinator in NFL history while his idiot headcoach publicly s**ts on him about the severity of his injury.

He spent last year on injured reserve with a broken bone in his shoulder caused by a wire left in his shoulder that sawed through the bone.

This year loses the battle to be the starting QB even though both Hill and Smith did absolutely nothing in the preseason.

Smith looked very good yesterday and made some throws that he wouldnt have made earlier in his carer, especially the throws to VD for the TDs.

I think we saw a QB that looked nothing like the Smith of old. Decisive, going through progression, putting some touch on his throws, avoiding pressure, etc. He was impressive. Maybe he has finally matured and has turned the corner, and actually has some weapons to throw too.
The fact that we lost to a "mediocre team who won't sniff the Playoffs" should be a bit concerning to you ZRF.

But hey, okay, let's take this a step further.

The fact that your boy Shaun threw a whopping 45 yds & no score in the 1st half should have you putting a gun to your head as you're wondering where we went wrong.

I'll tell you where if you put that thing down.

We went wrong when Hill was named QB1.

Let me sum it up like this.

Shaun Hill= 5 1/2 games played. 155 Attempts, 87 Completions, 56.1 Completion %, 6.1 YDS PER ATTEMPT, 5 TDs' ,2 INTs', 18 Sacks, 107 yds lost( Avg of about 6 yds per sack) and a QB Rating(your favorite stat) of 79.6

Okay now you ready? I don't want you to pull the trigger or step out on a ledge now.

Alex Smith 22 Attempts 15 Completions 68.2 Comp. %, 9.4 yds per attempt, 3 TD's, 1 INT(in a comeback bid), ZERO Sacks, For a QB Rating of 118.6

Alex did that in ONE HALF trying to pull us out of the hole that your man Shaun dug.

You talk out your bum about our Defense. For if Shaun could have kept more than his average 1.43(actually it's less) drives going then Alex would NEVER have seen the field. The Defense would not have been as GASSED game in and game out and you would never have put that .38 Special to your head.

Oh and did I mention that Alex did all that behind the SAME Line as Shaun didn't put up numbers behind?

I've stated all along that Shaun didn't work behind the same unit that Alex had to stand behind. Well this time the shoe is on the other foot and Alex performed admirably behind the SAME unit that Shaun was getting pummeled behind.

Just let the hate go bro.

Let it go.

~Ceadder

You "forgot" to tally some of the stats from years past, my friend. But lets not go there......... Im happy for you, I really am....Im sure you've been saving this post for the past 2 years, just waiting for that perfect moment....

As for me, Ive been fooled by Smith enough times to know that his play on Sunday was more of an aberration than a revelation. And for that reason, I think the Niners declared "season over", back to the drawing board....

Well, if thats the case.....I hope they dont get fooled into thinking that Smith is the future of this franchise. Cause that would really hurt.....

Ummm dude? It's about THIS season. We look back at PAST seasons when the CURRENT season is finished. NOT DURING.

Understand? That's how losers REMAIN losers. Contemplating what might have been when people are counting on you in the Present.

~Ceadder

Why do you limit yourself. It's not about THIS season. It's about LAST game. We'll discuss the season when it's over. For now, the 2nd to last drive in the 2nd half of last week's game is ALL that matters. Understand ? That's how losers REMAIN losers.....

~Ceadder