Originally posted by ZRF80:Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Just my theory:
Do you know why defenses are putting eight in the box against the Niners offense? It's not because of our running game, but because of Shaun Hill. Hill doesn't have the arm strength to throw vertically, therefore defenses are basically playing a cover 1 shell and bringing the strong safety to team up with the LBs up to clog up the short-to-intermediate routes.
Defenses have picked it up. They know ALL of Hill's strengths and weaknesses. During the last two games Shaun Hill's shortcomings have been exposed: He doesn't have the arm strength to make defenses play our team deep.
I agree. Dont get me wrong. Im in no position to defend Hill. I was hoping he could carry us for the rest of the season, but I guess he cant. I think Im just more disappointed that we dont have a legit QB on this roster to fill the void. The fact that the masses are gushing over Alex Smith and his one half of good play (compared to a career's worth of nothingness) just shows how devoid of talent this team really is. It also shows how delusional we've become as fans.
I wonder who the last "bust" becoming a superstar 4-5 years later was ? I'll have to think about that one.....
Everyone thought Davis was a bust too, remember? Now can you honestly tell me that he is? No. It's all about patience. I don't think anyone is saying that Alex is definitely the future of this franchise, but we do know for a fact that he's an upgrade over Shaun Hill. We also know that this is good for the team because now we can figure out once and for all if we need to draft a QB next season or just stick with Alex.
That beats going 8-8 with Hill and still not knowing what's going to happen at the QB position, right?


Im happy for you, I really am....Im sure you've been saving this post for the past 2 years, just waiting for that perfect moment....
