There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Look for Frank Gore to Run Wild

I believe now that Alex Smith is the starting QB again, I expect things to really open up on offense. Opposing defenses will no longer be able to stack the box with 8-9 players. They will have to respect the deep ball. In effect, this should open up lanes for Frank Gore. The combination of Frank Gore and Alex Smith worked well together in 2006. Add a focused Vernon Davis and young up and coming WRs Josh Morgan and Michael Crabtree to the mix... opposing teams will have a lot to think about!

I expect a lot from Frank Gore in the 2nd half of the 2009 season.

Gore is due for a big game! Let's hope the new passing threat (as big or small as it is, your call) will open up the running game
well if he does next week, we gots a shot at winning
Yay Gore!
Lets not forget our O-Line blows.
That Indy defense is good but you can run on them. I don't know how much of an impact Bob Sanders will have but I'm hoping it takes him a few games to adjust. Gore could have a huge day and we need to keep the ball away from Manning.
I'll be there to witness it!!
Pat, with all the playmakers that our team now has, it doesn't mean anything when the oline is not blocking anyone.

As long as the oline is still in flux I don't think we can make that statement, especially against a FAST dline like Indy's.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
this
Originally posted by billybonka:
this

oh, damn

• B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by znk916:
this

oh, damn

Seemed to be a little better with Alex in there though, mainly because Alex made them look better.
we're going to be saying this every week
Originally posted by B650:
this

oh, damn

Seemed to be a little better with Alex in there though, mainly because Alex made them look better.

I never thought I would see that, but I have to admit, it was true last Sunday
this

oh, damn

it will and did help that our offnsive line wasn't up against eight or nine guys on every down in that second half. We had HOU so scared after that second TD that they had to actually try and stop us and play REAL defense. Guess what they we still spread them out and it helped the O line a lot.

I bet the staff is now scone guessing Sheets because that speed would have helped.
The Texans did not stack the box at any moment in the game.Gore is a good back,but our O-Line blows!!!!