LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

Singletary DON'T Name your starter!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
if I was Singletary I would use a page of the Billicheat/Mangeious playbook and not announce the starter next week publicly all week. Then the Colts would have to prepare for both a power running and spread offense. Don't tip your hand Singletary.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by global_nomad:
if I was Singletary I would use a page of the Billicheat/Mangeious playbook and not announce the starter next week publicly all week. Then the Colts would have to prepare for both a power running and spread offense. Don't tip your hand Singletary.

A: we play the Colts so does it really matter?
B: I'm sure Peyton has probably already called Smith to congratulate him. and likely found out through Smith who's starting.
C: Everyone in America knows who's starting.

If Smith doesn't start Sing should be fired on the spot.
Originally posted by krizay:

A: we play the Colts so does it really matter?
B: I'm sure Peyton has probably already called Smith to congratulate him. and likely found out through Smith who's starting.
C: Everyone in America knows who's starting.

If Smith doesn't start Sing should be fired on the spot.

I agree that there really isn't much to guess. Smith will be starting.

Things like this is why the Browns are one of the laughing stocks in the NFL and no players want to play for Mangini. It gives no kind of advantage, and shows your team that the coach needs to resort to some type of childish games to give them a edge. You believe in your team and your starter you name him and go forth and play hard.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:

Things like this is why the Browns are one of the laughing stocks in the NFL and no players want to play for Mangini. It gives no kind of advantage, and shows your team that the coach needs to resort to some type of childish games to give them a edge. You believe in your team and your starter you name him and go forth and play hard.

And Derrick Anderson has around 120 yards passing in his last two games combined. I feel for their fanbase.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

There's a difference between not naming your starter and not knowing who your starter is. Mangini didn't know who his starter was going to be up until after the last preseaon game. That's what hurt them. It wasn't that he didn't name the starter. It's that he didn't know who it was going to be.

If Sing messes around and have them split 1st team snaps instead giving it to who he really wants to start. Then yea, you have a point. If he wants to start Alex and Alex gets all the reps. All the while not telling anyone on the outside who's going to start. We likely won't gain an advantage. But it will be far from detrimental to Alex.
what'll be hilarious is if he doesn't name his starter and it ends up being Shaun Hill.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
what'll be hilarious is if he doesn't name his starter and it ends up being Shaun Hill.

that would not be funny..THAT WOULD DEPRESS ME..

• krizay
  • Veteran

Fired on the spot!!!!!!!!!

Spread offense maybe, but our running game has been anything but "power" this year so far.
Originally posted by krizay:

There's a difference between not naming your starter and not knowing who your starter is. Mangini didn't know who his starter was going to be up until after the last preseaon game. That's what hurt them. It wasn't that he didn't name the starter. It's that he didn't know who it was going to be.

If Sing messes around and have them split 1st team snaps instead giving it to who he really wants to start. Then yea, you have a point. If he wants to start Alex and Alex gets all the reps. All the while not telling anyone on the outside who's going to start. We likely won't gain an advantage. But it will be far from detrimental to Alex.

Oh yea I get the difference but either way it makes no sense and just makes you look stupid. Only fans think it makes a difference on the field you think the colts really didn't know who was gonna start. I was sure sing wouldn't be splittign time those days are over if you really want to be successful. i just don't like the idea of tryign to hide anythign at any point just tell it like it is.
  • Mex49

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLEEEEEEEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Oh well
Share 49ersWebzone