LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 302 users in the forums

No O-Line = no playoffs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
That's probably an accurate assessment...which is why I want to see at least one top OT and OG taken in the next draft. If we end up with say 9-10 picks, it wouldn't bother me at all to get four new OL. Our game Sunday vs Indy will be a good barometer of how important the OL is. The Colts have one of the best...and it shows, week in and week out. Much as I like and respect Singletary, I'd love to see Jed York hire Mike Shanahan to coach our team. He totally gets the OL...he left a lasting legacy in Denver. It's simple...hire him, fix our OL and then watch our offense soar.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
That's probably an accurate assessment...which is why I want to see at least one top OT and OG taken in the next draft. If we end up with say 9-10 picks, it wouldn't bother me at all to get four new OL. Our game Sunday vs Indy will be a good barometer of how important the OL is. The Colts have one of the best...and it shows, week in and week out. Much as I like and respect Singletary, I'd love to see Jed York hire Mike Shanahan to coach our team. He totally gets the OL...he left a lasting legacy in Denver. It's simple...hire him, fix our OL and then watch our offense soar.

Ummmm no thanks. He had a very good coaching staff in Denver with regards to the Oline and offense. We can hire him and watch our Offense soar and our defense collapse. Not to mention if he comes here he is going to want GM power and no thanks to that! Every1 he picks on defense will pretty much be a bust and last time I checked defense wins Championships
Why did the OL get better in the second half? Did Sing yell at them and make them better? Or did the realistic offense have something to do with that?

The "throwback" offense simply will not work no matter how good the line is. The best line in NFL history cannot smashmouth a good defense stacked against the run. Nobody can block two guys. It is all physics and math. Smashmouth is faith-based.
Guess we not making the playoffs then
  • JC49
  • Veteran
Could we please cut a couple of the receivers we don't use and sign an offensive guard and tackle? Some warm body or steadier veteran could help. Sims or Snyder are going to get worked by Indy's DEs this Sunday. And that's not even thinking about what will come straight through the line at out right guard spot. It is too late for them to help Sunday but we need help.

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency#players-tab-set-1:players-grid-container-position/players-list-links-position:pos-ol

For a team that never lines up with four receivers why do we have seven? Last game three were inactive and didn't even dress! What the hell is that about? I like Battle, Hill, Jones, and Spurlock but something’s got to give. Most teams carry five or six receivers even if they are pass happy. Why do we need seven? Personally I would start Morgan, Crabtree, with Jones, Battle, or Hill in the third spot. Bruce is Bruce but he won't be around next year.

We need to bring in the Mark Tauschers or younger guys for tryouts. I see a lot of guys on that free agent list with five to seven years experience. Maybe we can find someone steady or maybe it will light a fire under someone's butt. We can spare a receiver if it gives us a chance to find someone who can get it done. The QB, running, the D, the receivers, it all gets better if our O-line does their job.

All this talk about "imposing our will" be darned. We just need for the offensive line not to be the weak link. I see other teams getting good play from low first and second round rookies. We have spent plenty of picks on lineman but missed on too many. I am sick of it and had to vent. If management is stubbornly sticking with their picks to be right they're killing us. Time to start acting desperate and scouring the streets. Nothing works without the line, not gore, not Alex or Shaun, not Crabtree or Davis, and not even the D.

• JC49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
The houston texans have held the 4 past teams they played to under 80 yards rushing their LB's are getting healthy and playing well.
Here are the past 4 teams

Oakland
Arizona
Cincinnati
San Francisco

Under sixty yards I thought.
  • JC49
  • Veteran
Wragge has played well when he's been in. Why does Singletary do this splitting time business if continuity is so important? If Chilo is stinking it up replace him with Wragge. If we don't want to put Wragge in why is he our back-up? If the starter isn't getting it done put his replacement in, simple as that. The replacement should be someone we're willing to play. If not find someone who can. It should have been done already.

No tickey, no laundry!
Share 49ersWebzone