LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 189 users in the forums

Maiocco: Singletary undecided on next week's starter at QB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We need to stop dicking Smith around. I wouldn't be surprised if he declines an extension from us and goes to Seattle or some other west coast team (LA?) to spite us then continues on to win multiple super bowls with his 40 wonderlic IQ and perfect work ethic.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
If Alex can do what he did let him play.. Hill has looked crippled past few weeks.
I admit I'm a big believer in Hill, but what the hell has happened to him? I know he's not a super QB, but I thought he could just keep doing the right amount of game management to lead this team. It seems he is falling down a hole of suck and not showing signs of climbing out. I'm no Alex fan, but if he can do it, put him in. Hell give Davis a shot. Just fix the O-Line already and maybe we can get back on track.
Originally posted by Chief:
If Alex can do what he did let him play.. Hill has looked crippled past few weeks.

Try dead.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
He's just saying it. Alex will start, no doubt about it.

x2

and Morgan needs to be our #2 WR

This.

Jones needs to see some action also.
  • Tyler82
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Undecided? Dude doesn't a great game manager when he sees one? Hill all the way! Unless we can find a way to get Trent Dilfer back on our team.

U R A DOUCHE AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT U R TALKING ABOUT
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by B650:
If Singletary puts Hill out there again against Manning, I'm giving up on Singletary. You can say that the reason we lost this was because of him to begin with. That fumble by Battle was inexcusable, and he's out there returning punts, only God knows why.

I think Smith will start. Smokescreen. Singletary probably doesn't want to make it seem like he rushes decisions, and maybe he doesn't want Indianapolis to know who starts so we can have an element of surprise.

I agree.

Come on coach. This team needs a leader who can deliver results not just a likable guy. This is how a team slowly turns on the coach when you don't know what to believe. Smith did nothing but go out there and perform. Singletary says he wants the best 11 guys well it's clear Hill isn't one of those guys now. You state emphatically that Crabtree will start as a rookie who hadn't performed until today, Smith goes out and delivers the best offensive performance by a QB all season and you're "undecided"?

Smokescreen or not I'm starting to have my doubts about Sing. I thought he was a really smart coach and he's not proving that as the season goes on. If you're serious about the playoffs, settle this QB situation. You can't continue to "rotate" QBs like you rotate linemen (and we've seen how that works).

Smith should start and the coach should say that emphatically. Newsfalsh - the 49ers can't run so they better try to throw. It's life. You adapt to your teams strengths and not force them into something they're not (like a power rushing team). Sing's can't be stubborn like Nolan and before it's too late, the season will be gone and the entire fan base will be calling for his head.

I am still pissed off that this team has no one to return punts and kicks. Rossum didnt look great this year but at least he was a viable option. That muffed punt cost the game. And yet Spurlock is still on the team
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
I admit I'm a big believer in Hill, but what the hell has happened to him? I know he's not a super QB, but I thought he could just keep doing the right amount of game management to lead this team. It seems he is falling down a hole of suck and not showing signs of climbing out. I'm no Alex fan, but if he can do it, put him in. Hell give Davis a shot. Just fix the O-Line already and maybe we can get back on track.

If you didnt notice, the O line looked a lot better once Smith came in. I dont think Davis is the answer, but I would honestly rather him be the backup than Hill. I think Smith is the QB the rest of this season and its his job to keep or lose. With the way he played today, and if he keeps it up, he will get a new contract.
I really hope singletary isn't really "undecided" about who starts next week. If he doesn't start smith, he's an idiot.
Originally posted by BigDaddy:

This is a QB driven league dude - you can't "manage a game" and expect to win week in and week out - you will get some wins but will never make the jump from potential to good. The Ravens are not a sustainable model to build a team after - There was a reason Hill was undrafted and didn't play a snap in the league for the first 4 years - he simply is not a starter. You want a backup to come in and run plays and hand the ball off after your QB get's hurt or you winning in a blow out - for gods sake he couldn't even put a 250 yard passing game up against the Rams that should have clued you in!!!

Originally posted by B650:
If Singletary puts Hill out there again against Manning, I'm giving up on Singletary. You can say that the reason we lost this was because of him to begin with. That fumble by Battle was inexcusable, and he's out there returning punts, only God knows why.

I think Smith will start. Smokescreen. Singletary probably doesn't want to make it seem like he rushes decisions, and maybe he doesn't want Indianapolis to know who starts so we can have an element of surprise.

Didn't Eric Magini pull this same smokescreen against the Vikings in week 1? Just saying.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Finally, I think we'll see Brandon Jones and Jason Hill in action.

Put Battle on the inactive list, and maybe Spurlock too.

I think it might be time to go 1. Crabtree 2. Morgan 3. Jones 4. Hill and let Bruce just teach from here on out.

No s**t, Bruce was looking like crap even while Smith was out there. Bruce couldn't block downfield, couldn't get open, this dude should've retired. -The last casualty left from Mike Martz's 2008 garbage squad.

It's a good idea to wait on making the decision as late as possible.

You want the Colts to gameplan for both QBs so i can see why Singletary wants to wait.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
It's a good idea to wait on making the decision as late as possible.

You want the Colts to gameplan for both QBs so i can see why Singletary wants to wait.

-9fA

No nfl team needs to gameplan for Shaun Hill.
He's not undecided. Just prolonging his inevitable decision: Starting Smith.
Share 49ersWebzone