There are 365 users in the forums

Maiocco: Singletary undecided on next week's starter at QB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
It's a good idea to wait on making the decision as late as possible.

You want the Colts to gameplan for both QBs so i can see why Singletary wants to wait.

-9fA

No nfl team needs to gameplan for Shaun Hill.

LOL. Funny but true. Once the league figures you out you have to adjust and he couldn't time for us to move on. He is a good back-up and thats it. Enjoyed most of the ride though.

You want the Colts to gameplan for both QBs so i can see why Singletary wants to wait.

-9fA

The Colts know who is starting even if some here are not sure.
If u take out the short passes he dosnt know what do to I would drop the safety all day and have someone cover the flats it's very simple is it that easy to be a QB in the NFL
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

-9fA

No nfl team needs to gameplan for Shaun Hill.

LOL. Funny but true. Once the league figures you out you have to adjust and he couldn't time for us to move on. He is a good back-up and thats it. Enjoyed most of the ride though.

True, but it's the same thing with Smith. I'm excited right now, but Smith has to perform consistently. He's a new QB after recovering from his shoulder injury and teams will get tape on him soon enough.

Then, we can see if he is the real thing. And i think we can all agree that it's in the best interests of the team if Smith lives up to his status.

-9fA
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Its an hour after the game. Singletary's not just gonna spout off at the mouth about the QB next week without looking things over

thank you! it's a formality IMO no way Hill starts the next game. Smith is obviously our best player. With that said I think we need to continue to open things up under Smith put him in a position to get the ball to our playmakers VD/Crabtree/Morgan.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
He's not undecided. Just prolonging his inevitable decision: Starting Smith.

I think you're right. I think he wants all the coaches to have a say in it though, rather than just make all the decisions himself.
They just finished the game. Do you really expect Iron Mike to say that Smith's the starter for next week?

C'mon now!

Alex is the starter next week and should be the rest of the season.
  • ptw1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:
http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/10/smiths-rally-falls-short-singletary-undecided-on-qb.html

The most interesting thing was the part about Raye. I guess it was more his lack of faith in Hill then his inability to call a game. I'm sure with a week of practice the problem with getting the play in from the sideline will be resolved.
Mike, c'mon man! After that second half of the new Alex Smith, you're telling me you don't want to continued to ride him next week...

um, if Sing starts Shuan Hill next week, I quit!
Originally posted by GEEK:
Finally, I think we'll see Brandon Jones and Jason Hill in action.

Put Battle on the inactive list, and maybe Spurlock too.

I hope so,then the 49ers will have a arsenal
This is a no brainer, imo Sign is just saying what has to be said.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
So many weapons on our squad that we couldn't use with Hill. Smith will be our QB. Let's just all pray he plays well next week.
He will announce Smith as the starter by tuesday
Share 49ersWebzone