49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 724 users in the forums

Alex Smith Bandwagon

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by wadjay:
Originally posted by billbird2111:


I should leave it at that -- but I'll give you some generalizations and your responses, Memphis.

Generalization: Alex Smith has yet to lead us to the playoffs.

Memphis: *Alexcuses*

Generalization: Alex Smith has not produced a single winning season.

Memphis: *Alexcuses*

Generalization: Alex Smith has yet to perform well on a Big Game Stage.

Memphis: *Alexcuses*

Finally -- there has been absolutely no response from Smith supporters on the one question I have continually asked:

How can you possibly continue to support this guy? Do you like suffering through losing seasons?

I'd really like to hear some answers. Not excuses. No more of those. I've heard them all. All of us have. What is it about Alex Smith that makes you believe he will suddenly start performing well?

I can try this one.

Generalization: Alex Smith has yet to lead us to the playoffs.

Agreed. Neither has Frank Gore, Patrick Willis, Vernon Davis or any of the rest of our good players. I think it's foolish to suggest that the QB determines whether a team makes the playoffs.

Generalization: Alex Smith has not produced a single winning season.

Agreed. See my response above - this one would be identical.

Generalization: Alex Smith has yet to perform well on a Big Game Stage.

Disagree. We may have a different definition of a "Big Game Stage" but he led us to a touchdown winning drive against AZ on Monday night to start out the season a few years back. Additionally, he has played well in other games that have mattered down the stretch, but his performance alone was not enough to win us some of those games.

However, if your contention is that he needs to play better in Big Games, or that he hasn't played well enough in big games, or that he simply needs to get better in general, then I agree with you.

Finally -- there has been absolutely no response from Smith supporters on the one question I have continually asked:

How can you possibly continue to support this guy? Do you like suffering through losing seasons?


This one is simple, and really, has been answered for you countless times. Alex Smith has -

1. Shown the ability to play at a high level at times (though not yet consistently).

2. Continued to show improvement every year, with all signs suggesting further improvement this offseason.

3. A good supporting cast that should help him to be more consistent and take the next step.

4. And finally, he is our starting quarterback for the foreseeable future - why shouldn't we support him?

Is it so hard to understand that someone can see Alex differently than you do?

I think it's foolish to suggest that the QB determines whether a team makes the playoffs.

Have you been watching the NFL the last 8 years?

Name the QBs you think would have got the 2005-2007 Niners in the playoffs? 2008 can't be counted because Smith couldn't play. It seems to me that if you want to argue that Smith can't get this team into the playoffs you only have last year to go on. That point is arguable. From 2005-2008 the Niners didn't have the roster to get to the playoffs and in my mind at least that point isn't arguable.

No that was not my point. I'm arguing his statement that QB's do not determine if a team goes to the playoffs.

I generally agree with that. My point was basically referring to the fact Smith is getting criticized for not taking taking a team (the Niners in 2005-2008) that had no business in the playoffs into the playoffs. Last year was the only time in that period when I think the Niners had a shot but changing offenses mid-stream and a porous O-Line didn't help the cause. Would a Pro Bowl performance by Smith have gotten the Niners there last year? I think so. But the guy hadn't played in almost two years. That was probably a little much to expect.

If Smith has a consistently good performance this year I think the Niners win the West. If he struggles, then it is much more doubtful. So I agree that QB's are the most important component of success or failure but what I am saying is that this is the year we will find out if he can step up and lead the Niners there.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Stole this from another thread I posted in...

I seriously do not understand how you can look at the 49ers over the past 4+ years and not think the state of the franchise itself has not played a part in the poor performance of our quarterback and our overall total of wins.

You call them excuses. I call them the state of our football team.

Bad drafting on the offensive side of the ball. Terrible offensive line-play. A revolving door of piss-poor wide receivers. A new coordinator every year. A head coach that knew absolutely nothing about offense. Injuries.

That's the list of "excuses," right? I seriously don't understand how these VALID problems with the 49ers over the past 4+ years are seen as "excuses" for the poor play of Alex Smith.

The first thing I say when people talk about Alex Smith is that none of the players from his rookie year are even here anymore, save for maybe 5 (including Nedney and Lee). We were THE WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE. We were rebuilding our franchise from a 2-14 record. That takes time and a careful hand.

You want to blame someone? Then blame Nolan and Scotty. Nolan and Scotty did a below-par job of turning this team around properly and we're still dealing with their mistakes. With improved drafting and front office decisons, this team could have had better players in positions of need at a faster clip. That didn't happen, and it's only now that we are turning the corner and coming out of the basement.

Blame Alex? Well for some specific wins and losses, sure. Give Alex the loss vs. Tennessee in 2009. I'll give you Philly as well, and that's being somewhat charitable. You could argue Indy, but Crabs' fumble and VD's penalty for excessive celebration didn't help either. You could argue Green Bay, but that was a pretty close game!

But if you blame Alex, please blame these guys too, cause this is what it looks like when you don't have a careful hand.

Mike Nolan
Scotty Mac
Jim Hostler
Mike Martz

Kwame Harris
Brandon Lloyd
Darrell Jackson
Taylor Jacobs
Bryan Gilmore
Jonas Jennings
Brandon Williams
Bear Pascoe
Cody Wallace (his time is coming)
Maurice Hicks
Glenn Coffee
Kevin Barlow
Anthony Clement
Brandon Jones
Michael Spurlock
Johnnie Morton
Marcus Maxwell
Rasheed Marshall
Ashley Lelie

I could name the defensive guys too... Joe Cohen. Jay Moore. Kentwan Balmer. But I'm tired and I've proved my point.

It's not all Alex. There are some other guys involved too that would have helped the 49ers and Alex Smith succeed in a team sport.

You would figure that would be obvious when all 5-6 of our starting wide receivers, our 2 tight ends, and both of our offensive tackles AND guards were not drafted until 2006 at the earliest, but I guess it's not always so easy for everyone to see.

That's funny. It's everyone of those guys fault but Alex's. How come he can't be thrown in there? It's excused if he plays bad because of them???

i guess you cant read?

what did he say if ur blaming alex blame these guys too
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by wadjay:
Originally posted by billbird2111:


I should leave it at that -- but I'll give you some generalizations and your responses, Memphis.

Generalization: Alex Smith has yet to lead us to the playoffs.

Memphis: *Alexcuses*

Generalization: Alex Smith has not produced a single winning season.

Memphis: *Alexcuses*

Generalization: Alex Smith has yet to perform well on a Big Game Stage.

Memphis: *Alexcuses*

Finally -- there has been absolutely no response from Smith supporters on the one question I have continually asked:

How can you possibly continue to support this guy? Do you like suffering through losing seasons?

I'd really like to hear some answers. Not excuses. No more of those. I've heard them all. All of us have. What is it about Alex Smith that makes you believe he will suddenly start performing well?

I can try this one.

Generalization: Alex Smith has yet to lead us to the playoffs.

Agreed. Neither has Frank Gore, Patrick Willis, Vernon Davis or any of the rest of our good players. I think it's foolish to suggest that the QB determines whether a team makes the playoffs.

Generalization: Alex Smith has not produced a single winning season.

Agreed. See my response above - this one would be identical.

Generalization: Alex Smith has yet to perform well on a Big Game Stage.

Disagree. We may have a different definition of a "Big Game Stage" but he led us to a touchdown winning drive against AZ on Monday night to start out the season a few years back. Additionally, he has played well in other games that have mattered down the stretch, but his performance alone was not enough to win us some of those games.

However, if your contention is that he needs to play better in Big Games, or that he hasn't played well enough in big games, or that he simply needs to get better in general, then I agree with you.

Finally -- there has been absolutely no response from Smith supporters on the one question I have continually asked:

How can you possibly continue to support this guy? Do you like suffering through losing seasons?


This one is simple, and really, has been answered for you countless times. Alex Smith has -

1. Shown the ability to play at a high level at times (though not yet consistently).

2. Continued to show improvement every year, with all signs suggesting further improvement this offseason.

3. A good supporting cast that should help him to be more consistent and take the next step.

4. And finally, he is our starting quarterback for the foreseeable future - why shouldn't we support him?

Is it so hard to understand that someone can see Alex differently than you do?

I think it's foolish to suggest that the QB determines whether a team makes the playoffs.

Have you been watching the NFL the last 8 years?

Name the QBs you think would have got the 2005-2007 Niners in the playoffs? 2008 can't be counted because Smith couldn't play. It seems to me that if you want to argue that Smith can't get this team into the playoffs you only have last year to go on. That point is arguable. From 2005-2008 the Niners didn't have the roster to get to the playoffs and in my mind at least that point isn't arguable.

No that was not my point. I'm arguing his statement that QB's do not determine if a team goes to the playoffs.

I generally agree with that. My point was basically referring to the fact Smith is getting criticized for not taking taking a team (the Niners in 2005-2008) that had no business in the playoffs into the playoffs. Last year was the only time in that period when I think the Niners had a shot but changing offenses mid-stream and a porous O-Line didn't help the cause. Would a Pro Bowl performance by Smith have gotten the Niners there last year? I think so. But the guy hadn't played in almost two years. That was probably a little much to expect.

If Smith has a consistently good performance this year I think the Niners win the West. If he struggles, then it is much more doubtful. So I agree that QB's are the most important component of success or failure but what I am saying is that this is the year we will find out if he can step up and lead the Niners there.

good post and agreed
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Stole this from another thread I posted in...

I seriously do not understand how you can look at the 49ers over the past 4+ years and not think the state of the franchise itself has not played a part in the poor performance of our quarterback and our overall total of wins.

You call them excuses. I call them the state of our football team.

Bad drafting on the offensive side of the ball. Terrible offensive line-play. A revolving door of piss-poor wide receivers. A new coordinator every year. A head coach that knew absolutely nothing about offense. Injuries.

That's the list of "excuses," right? I seriously don't understand how these VALID problems with the 49ers over the past 4+ years are seen as "excuses" for the poor play of Alex Smith.

The first thing I say when people talk about Alex Smith is that none of the players from his rookie year are even here anymore, save for maybe 5 (including Nedney and Lee). We were THE WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE. We were rebuilding our franchise from a 2-14 record. That takes time and a careful hand.

You want to blame someone? Then blame Nolan and Scotty. Nolan and Scotty did a below-par job of turning this team around properly and we're still dealing with their mistakes. With improved drafting and front office decisons, this team could have had better players in positions of need at a faster clip. That didn't happen, and it's only now that we are turning the corner and coming out of the basement.

Blame Alex? Well for some specific wins and losses, sure. Give Alex the loss vs. Tennessee in 2009. I'll give you Philly as well, and that's being somewhat charitable. You could argue Indy, but Crabs' fumble and VD's penalty for excessive celebration didn't help either. You could argue Green Bay, but that was a pretty close game!

But if you blame Alex, please blame these guys too, cause this is what it looks like when you don't have a careful hand.

Mike Nolan
Scotty Mac
Jim Hostler
Mike Martz

Kwame Harris
Brandon Lloyd
Darrell Jackson
Taylor Jacobs
Bryan Gilmore
Jonas Jennings
Brandon Williams
Bear Pascoe
Cody Wallace (his time is coming)
Maurice Hicks
Glenn Coffee
Kevin Barlow
Anthony Clement
Brandon Jones
Michael Spurlock
Johnnie Morton
Marcus Maxwell
Rasheed Marshall
Ashley Lelie

I could name the defensive guys too... Joe Cohen. Jay Moore. Kentwan Balmer. But I'm tired and I've proved my point.

It's not all Alex. There are some other guys involved too that would have helped the 49ers and Alex Smith succeed in a team sport.

You would figure that would be obvious when all 5-6 of our starting wide receivers, our 2 tight ends, and both of our offensive tackles AND guards were not drafted until 2006 at the earliest, but I guess it's not always so easy for everyone to see.

That's funny. It's everyone of those guys fault but Alex's. How come he can't be thrown in there? It's excused if he plays bad because of them???

umm the point is that it's not JUST Alex's fault. With the blame the Alex gets, there's also blame that should be sent elsewhere. I think its obvious that Alex has his faults and nobody is denying that.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by wadjay:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by wadjay:
Originally posted by billbird2111:


I should leave it at that -- but I'll give you some generalizations and your responses, Memphis.

Generalization: Alex Smith has yet to lead us to the playoffs.

Memphis: *Alexcuses*

Generalization: Alex Smith has not produced a single winning season.

Memphis: *Alexcuses*

Generalization: Alex Smith has yet to perform well on a Big Game Stage.

Memphis: *Alexcuses*

Finally -- there has been absolutely no response from Smith supporters on the one question I have continually asked:

How can you possibly continue to support this guy? Do you like suffering through losing seasons?

I'd really like to hear some answers. Not excuses. No more of those. I've heard them all. All of us have. What is it about Alex Smith that makes you believe he will suddenly start performing well?

I can try this one.

Generalization: Alex Smith has yet to lead us to the playoffs.

Agreed. Neither has Frank Gore, Patrick Willis, Vernon Davis or any of the rest of our good players. I think it's foolish to suggest that the QB determines whether a team makes the playoffs.

Generalization: Alex Smith has not produced a single winning season.

Agreed. See my response above - this one would be identical.

Generalization: Alex Smith has yet to perform well on a Big Game Stage.

Disagree. We may have a different definition of a "Big Game Stage" but he led us to a touchdown winning drive against AZ on Monday night to start out the season a few years back. Additionally, he has played well in other games that have mattered down the stretch, but his performance alone was not enough to win us some of those games.

However, if your contention is that he needs to play better in Big Games, or that he hasn't played well enough in big games, or that he simply needs to get better in general, then I agree with you.

Finally -- there has been absolutely no response from Smith supporters on the one question I have continually asked:

How can you possibly continue to support this guy? Do you like suffering through losing seasons?


This one is simple, and really, has been answered for you countless times. Alex Smith has -

1. Shown the ability to play at a high level at times (though not yet consistently).

2. Continued to show improvement every year, with all signs suggesting further improvement this offseason.

3. A good supporting cast that should help him to be more consistent and take the next step.

4. And finally, he is our starting quarterback for the foreseeable future - why shouldn't we support him?

Is it so hard to understand that someone can see Alex differently than you do?

I think it's foolish to suggest that the QB determines whether a team makes the playoffs.

Have you been watching the NFL the last 8 years?

Yep, and last year I watched as the Jets and Bengals made a playoff run while the Texans and Steelers stayed home. Which teams have better QBs?

Last year? The Jets and Bengals had better QB's.

I watched Rapistberger blow a game to the Raiders at home last year. Ya think Sanchez did that in New York? Ya think Palmer did that in Cincy? NOPE! Which is why Cincy won the division. Because Palmer didn't blow it.

Just goes to show -- we might be watching the same game -- but we have decidedly different outcomes on what we saw.

I guess we will simply have to agree to disagree.

I like Palmer, but he didn't have a good season. And I don't know how any objective football fans would suggest that Sanchez was a better QB last year than Roethlisberger or Schaub.

I know you can't actually mean this, but it seems like you're suggesting that the best QB is one that simply doesn't "blow it." Which is the definition of a "game manager." This logic flies in the face of the idea that the QB determines whether a team makes the playoffs. In both cases, Sanchez and Palmer let their teams carry them to the playoffs. It can't be reasonably argued that QB play was the reason for either teams success.
Originally posted by samoan49er:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Stole this from another thread I posted in...

I seriously do not understand how you can look at the 49ers over the past 4+ years and not think the state of the franchise itself has not played a part in the poor performance of our quarterback and our overall total of wins.

You call them excuses. I call them the state of our football team.

Bad drafting on the offensive side of the ball. Terrible offensive line-play. A revolving door of piss-poor wide receivers. A new coordinator every year. A head coach that knew absolutely nothing about offense. Injuries.

That's the list of "excuses," right? I seriously don't understand how these VALID problems with the 49ers over the past 4+ years are seen as "excuses" for the poor play of Alex Smith.

The first thing I say when people talk about Alex Smith is that none of the players from his rookie year are even here anymore, save for maybe 5 (including Nedney and Lee). We were THE WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE. We were rebuilding our franchise from a 2-14 record. That takes time and a careful hand.

You want to blame someone? Then blame Nolan and Scotty. Nolan and Scotty did a below-par job of turning this team around properly and we're still dealing with their mistakes. With improved drafting and front office decisons, this team could have had better players in positions of need at a faster clip. That didn't happen, and it's only now that we are turning the corner and coming out of the basement.

Blame Alex? Well for some specific wins and losses, sure. Give Alex the loss vs. Tennessee in 2009. I'll give you Philly as well, and that's being somewhat charitable. You could argue Indy, but Crabs' fumble and VD's penalty for excessive celebration didn't help either. You could argue Green Bay, but that was a pretty close game!

But if you blame Alex, please blame these guys too, cause this is what it looks like when you don't have a careful hand.

Mike Nolan
Scotty Mac
Jim Hostler
Mike Martz

Kwame Harris
Brandon Lloyd
Darrell Jackson
Taylor Jacobs
Bryan Gilmore
Jonas Jennings
Brandon Williams
Bear Pascoe
Cody Wallace (his time is coming)
Maurice Hicks
Glenn Coffee
Kevin Barlow
Anthony Clement
Brandon Jones
Michael Spurlock
Johnnie Morton
Marcus Maxwell
Rasheed Marshall
Ashley Lelie

I could name the defensive guys too... Joe Cohen. Jay Moore. Kentwan Balmer. But I'm tired and I've proved my point.

It's not all Alex. There are some other guys involved too that would have helped the 49ers and Alex Smith succeed in a team sport.

You would figure that would be obvious when all 5-6 of our starting wide receivers, our 2 tight ends, and both of our offensive tackles AND guards were not drafted until 2006 at the earliest, but I guess it's not always so easy for everyone to see.

That's funny. It's everyone of those guys fault but Alex's. How come he can't be thrown in there? It's excused if he plays bad because of them???

umm the point is that it's not JUST Alex's fault. With the blame the Alex gets, there's also blame that should be sent elsewhere. I think its obvious that Alex has his faults and nobody is denying that.

I hope you guys don't do this when you come up short in life.
Sweet Jesus, this thread is ridiculous.
Carson Palmer's year last season compares very favorable to Alex's.

Palmer threw 21 TDs to 13 Ints, with a 60% completion percentage, for a QB Rtg of 83.
Smith threw 18 TDs and 12 Ints, also completing 60% of his passes, for a QB Rtg pf 81.5

His numbers were good enough LAST year the numbers say so themselves
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Sweet Jesus, this thread is ridiculous.

lol ya it is
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Sweet Jesus, this thread is ridiculous.

Originally posted by pantstickle:
Sweet Jesus, this thread is ridiculous.

It's still alive!!!!
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by samoan49er:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Stole this from another thread I posted in...

I seriously do not understand how you can look at the 49ers over the past 4+ years and not think the state of the franchise itself has not played a part in the poor performance of our quarterback and our overall total of wins.

You call them excuses. I call them the state of our football team.

Bad drafting on the offensive side of the ball. Terrible offensive line-play. A revolving door of piss-poor wide receivers. A new coordinator every year. A head coach that knew absolutely nothing about offense. Injuries.

That's the list of "excuses," right? I seriously don't understand how these VALID problems with the 49ers over the past 4+ years are seen as "excuses" for the poor play of Alex Smith.

The first thing I say when people talk about Alex Smith is that none of the players from his rookie year are even here anymore, save for maybe 5 (including Nedney and Lee). We were THE WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE. We were rebuilding our franchise from a 2-14 record. That takes time and a careful hand.

You want to blame someone? Then blame Nolan and Scotty. Nolan and Scotty did a below-par job of turning this team around properly and we're still dealing with their mistakes. With improved drafting and front office decisons, this team could have had better players in positions of need at a faster clip. That didn't happen, and it's only now that we are turning the corner and coming out of the basement.

Blame Alex? Well for some specific wins and losses, sure. Give Alex the loss vs. Tennessee in 2009. I'll give you Philly as well, and that's being somewhat charitable. You could argue Indy, but Crabs' fumble and VD's penalty for excessive celebration didn't help either. You could argue Green Bay, but that was a pretty close game!

But if you blame Alex, please blame these guys too, cause this is what it looks like when you don't have a careful hand.

Mike Nolan
Scotty Mac
Jim Hostler
Mike Martz

Kwame Harris
Brandon Lloyd
Darrell Jackson
Taylor Jacobs
Bryan Gilmore
Jonas Jennings
Brandon Williams
Bear Pascoe
Cody Wallace (his time is coming)
Maurice Hicks
Glenn Coffee
Kevin Barlow
Anthony Clement
Brandon Jones
Michael Spurlock
Johnnie Morton
Marcus Maxwell
Rasheed Marshall
Ashley Lelie

I could name the defensive guys too... Joe Cohen. Jay Moore. Kentwan Balmer. But I'm tired and I've proved my point.

It's not all Alex. There are some other guys involved too that would have helped the 49ers and Alex Smith succeed in a team sport.

You would figure that would be obvious when all 5-6 of our starting wide receivers, our 2 tight ends, and both of our offensive tackles AND guards were not drafted until 2006 at the earliest, but I guess it's not always so easy for everyone to see.

That's funny. It's everyone of those guys fault but Alex's. How come he can't be thrown in there? It's excused if he plays bad because of them???

umm the point is that it's not JUST Alex's fault. With the blame the Alex gets, there's also blame that should be sent elsewhere. I think its obvious that Alex has his faults and nobody is denying that.

I hope you guys don't do this when you come up short in life.

hmm not sure where you're really going with that...but whatever makes you feel better. Of course when it comes to me personally, I'll take all the blame regardless. I feel that's the same mindset that Smith has. As a fan of a team, I'll refuse to put the blame of team failure on a single individual.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Sweet Jesus, this thread is ridiculous.


If I see Alexcuses one more time, I'm locking it.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by samoan49er:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Stole this from another thread I posted in...

I seriously do not understand how you can look at the 49ers over the past 4+ years and not think the state of the franchise itself has not played a part in the poor performance of our quarterback and our overall total of wins.

You call them excuses. I call them the state of our football team.

Bad drafting on the offensive side of the ball. Terrible offensive line-play. A revolving door of piss-poor wide receivers. A new coordinator every year. A head coach that knew absolutely nothing about offense. Injuries.

That's the list of "excuses," right? I seriously don't understand how these VALID problems with the 49ers over the past 4+ years are seen as "excuses" for the poor play of Alex Smith.

The first thing I say when people talk about Alex Smith is that none of the players from his rookie year are even here anymore, save for maybe 5 (including Nedney and Lee). We were THE WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE. We were rebuilding our franchise from a 2-14 record. That takes time and a careful hand.

You want to blame someone? Then blame Nolan and Scotty. Nolan and Scotty did a below-par job of turning this team around properly and we're still dealing with their mistakes. With improved drafting and front office decisons, this team could have had better players in positions of need at a faster clip. That didn't happen, and it's only now that we are turning the corner and coming out of the basement.

Blame Alex? Well for some specific wins and losses, sure. Give Alex the loss vs. Tennessee in 2009. I'll give you Philly as well, and that's being somewhat charitable. You could argue Indy, but Crabs' fumble and VD's penalty for excessive celebration didn't help either. You could argue Green Bay, but that was a pretty close game!

But if you blame Alex, please blame these guys too, cause this is what it looks like when you don't have a careful hand.

Mike Nolan
Scotty Mac
Jim Hostler
Mike Martz

Kwame Harris
Brandon Lloyd
Darrell Jackson
Taylor Jacobs
Bryan Gilmore
Jonas Jennings
Brandon Williams
Bear Pascoe
Cody Wallace (his time is coming)
Maurice Hicks
Glenn Coffee
Kevin Barlow
Anthony Clement
Brandon Jones
Michael Spurlock
Johnnie Morton
Marcus Maxwell
Rasheed Marshall
Ashley Lelie

I could name the defensive guys too... Joe Cohen. Jay Moore. Kentwan Balmer. But I'm tired and I've proved my point.

It's not all Alex. There are some other guys involved too that would have helped the 49ers and Alex Smith succeed in a team sport.

You would figure that would be obvious when all 5-6 of our starting wide receivers, our 2 tight ends, and both of our offensive tackles AND guards were not drafted until 2006 at the earliest, but I guess it's not always so easy for everyone to see.

That's funny. It's everyone of those guys fault but Alex's. How come he can't be thrown in there? It's excused if he plays bad because of them???

umm the point is that it's not JUST Alex's fault. With the blame the Alex gets, there's also blame that should be sent elsewhere. I think its obvious that Alex has his faults and nobody is denying that.

I hope you guys don't do this when you come up short in life.

That's what she said.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Sweet Jesus, this thread is ridiculous.


If I see Alexcuses one more time, I'm locking it.

Hahahahahaha....even if it doesn't get locked it will eventually blow up.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone