There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The playbook

Dont call me crazy but after reading about how fast crabtree has learned the playbook got me thinking. Does anyone else think he was given the playbook while he was holding out? it might be a stretch but possible. i know there were reports by MM that the playbook doenst leave the facility but something seems fishy to me here
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
Dont call me crazy but after reading about how fast crabtree has learned the playbook got me thinking. Does anyone else think he was given the playbook while he was holding out? it might be a stretch but possible. i know there were reports by MM that the playbook doenst leave the facility but something seems fishy to me here

No.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/10/digit-system-speeds-crabtrees-learning.html

Digit system.

Raye also said he isn't exactly learning the offense, he's learning specific routes because the team is in Gameplan mode. Whereas I'm sure Bruce or Morgan can tell you what routes the other receivers are running in a play, Crabs probably cannot.
Originally posted by showtime49:

No.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/10/digit-system-speeds-crabtrees-learning.html

Digit system.

Raye also said he isn't exactly learning the offense, he's learning specific routes because the team is in Gameplan mode. Whereas I'm sure Bruce or Morgan can tell you what routes the other receivers are running in a play, Crabs probably cannot.

THIS.

No way are they going to hand over the team's playbook to a guy who isn't even signed. YOU ARE CRAZY.
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:

No.

Digit system.

THIS.

No way are they going to hand over the team's playbook to a guy who isn't even signed. YOU ARE CRAZY.

why not? its not like he hasnt seen it before the season started
I think i know the playbook after watching five games.... we run the same plays over and over

No.

Digit system.

THIS.

I actually believe it is against the rules. No different then a player being prohibited from practicing until they are under contract.
  • B650
  • Veteran

No.

Digit system.

THIS.

Why wouldn't they? They considered him family. Besides, Raye doesn't care if the defense knows what's coming. He's stubborn enough to believe that we should execute regardless (See Arizona and Minnesota games).
  • x49ersx123
  • Info N/A

WHO CARES?
[ Edited by x49ersx123 on Oct 24, 2009 at 12:01 PM ]
how hard is the jimmy raye playbook to learn....run, run and pass
Its a number system that we run here in San Fran. A 5 year old could get the plays down in a week. For example the call "Pro flex 7z X5 Cross". The 7 and 5 are the routes that the X and Z receiver are supposed to run. Its childs play really.
[ Edited by MadMartz on Oct 24, 2009 at 5:19 PM ]
Maybe his Wonderlic score is off the charts! I'm sure he knows the Periodic Table of Elements like the back of his hand as well as the Contra AND Street Fighter II codes!!
Originally posted by NorCal49er:
I think i know the playbook after watching five games.... we run the same plays over and over

dude you beat me to it.