There are 160 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why isn't Spurlock our new kick returner?

Ok ... We cut Rossum because he only had value as a kick returner only. I understand that but why is Walker and Battle returning kicks prior to Spurlock. He had a decent year returning kicks for the Bucs last year. The team is alway talking about how quick and elusive Spurlock is so why not have him be the primary kick returner... Thoughts?
[ Edited by BigYellowKahuna on Oct 23, 2009 at 8:55 PM ]
Because that makes sense..... I hope its because hes getting cut. No need for him on the roster. But then it would admit that tazer was a failure.
I wish he was returning kicks. He has the explosion that nobody else does on the team, now that Rossum is gone. I wonder if he'll be activated for the game since Crabtree will be playing.
Its like gravity. The only one who understands it is the one who created the question.
Because he's too "versatile."

If we risk our versatile players to injury by playing them at too many positions, then we lose our versatility.

And then, dad gum it, we're screwed.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Because he's too "versatile."

If we risk our versatile players to injury by playing them at too many positions, then we lose our versatility.

And then, dad gum it, we're screwed.

I say we retire his number while we still can
i didn't see that spurlock didn't play for 49ers.. whats wrong with him.. did he injured it? i don't think so.. he is relaxing and earning the moneys? that idea his is wrong!!! If he didn't playing for 49ers then cut him mofo!
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
i didn't see that spurlock didn't play for 49ers.. whats wrong with him.. did he injured it? i don't think so.. he is relaxing and earning the moneys? that idea his is wrong!!! If he didn't playing for 49ers then cut him mofo!

this post made me sad, it seemed very different from the usual BuZz, almost like he was trying, making it seem fake
Originally posted by BigYellowKahuna:
Ok ... We cut Rossum because he only had value as a kick returner only. I understand that but why is Walker and Battle returning kicks prior to Spurlock. He had a decent year returning kicks for the Bucs last year. The team is alway talking about how quick and elusive Spurlock is so why not have him be the primary kick returner... Thoughts?

I still can't believe we cut Allen Rossum and kept this Spurlock bozo. The only Tazer that we should be running is one directly to Jimmy Raye's nuts.
  • 49ERIK80
  • Info N/A
I think maybe it's because he's been inactive. They want Battle and Walker to do it because they are going to suit up every week.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Because he's too "versatile."

If we risk our versatile players to injury by playing them at too many positions, then we lose our versatility.

And then, dad gum it, we're screwed.

lol
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
i didn't see that spurlock didn't play for 49ers.. whats wrong with him.. did he injured it? i don't think so.. he is relaxing and earning the moneys? that idea his is wrong!!! If he didn't playing for 49ers then cut him mofo!

this post made me sad, it seemed very different from the usual BuZz, almost like he was trying, making it seem fake

How can you say BuZz is fake? You mean like a PBP or an Alias? For shame. Say it ain't so, Joe
  • SS2K8
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 681
No team should have both a MRob and a Spurlock. Having both on the same team kinda defeats the purpose of having versatility to save roster spots. If Spurlock isn't gonna return kicks and we're not gonna go 5 wide ever, just cut him and make MRob the wildcat qb and sign a rb who can be a true 3rd stringer and a kick return guy.

Scotty has a versatility fetish, and I think it's killing our depth.
Because Coffee needs a wake up call.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
i didn't see that spurlock didn't play for 49ers.. whats wrong with him.. did he injured it? i don't think so.. he is relaxing and earning the moneys? that idea his is wrong!!! If he didn't playing for 49ers then cut him mofo!

this post made me sad, it seemed very different from the usual BuZz, almost like he was trying, making it seem fake

How can you say BuZz is fake? You mean like a PBP or an Alias? For shame. Say it ain't so, Joe

hey RonMexico.. i am fake huh? wtf? I wanna help and inform the 49ers because i love the 49ers so much. did you watch to spurlock for the 49ers? did he playing? no, he didn't much play for the 49ers and possible nothing it.. do u wanna let him relaxing and earned the moneys? then do u like it? silly man..