There are 65 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers hyping Crabtree, to be used as decoy?

Member Milestone: This is post number 800 for DaFaro49ers.
The 49ers are all saying the right things about Crabtree. How he hasn't "Flinched," How he is doing so good and will "start." Nobody has taken in on the fact that Crabtree can be used as a decoy for the run game. Stating such great things about the Athlete so there wont be 8 in the box! Crabtree maybe getting all this great publicity from the Niners for two reasons..1: to add a sense of belief to the 49ers passing attack which at points of time is lacking 2: Crabtree is being used as a decoy, to make opponents believe that they must gaurd him with a Safety to insure they dont get beat! Is Crabtree being hyped to be a decoy? Its possible ladies and Gents!
I don't care as long as we win
Who would flinch, when Rye's offense consists of 3 wr routes????
I love how everybody here thinks that everything our team says and does is some sort of mind game.
I wish they would pay me all that money to be a decoy....!
ummm.... ya think? i'm sure other defenses aren't even worried about Crabtree being in the game... they know we aint gotta QB that can get him the ball. it's not like we're gonna run any deep routes. Hill can't throw effectively past 15 yards
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
I love how everybody here thinks that everything our team says and does is some sort of mind game.

Its actually a very plausible scenario, ala reggie bush(he cant rush but there is always a spy on him) ala steve smith(Delhomme cant throw and he gets doubled still)! There are definetly Decoy's!

But they hype being put on Crabtree is setting up such high expectations! If he was doing so great why would you publisize it? Wouldn't you want him to float under the radar and catch the Texan's off-gaurd? So why would you hype him for???So he can get attention when he's on the field...common sense.
Because Vernon Davis did so well as a Decoy last year and the year before that and...

What we need is for Crabtree to catch the balls when double teamed. What we need is for Morgan to finish a guarantee TD and for Hill to get more time to throw and to find the open man when he does have that time.
  • Adman
  • Veteran
You think other teams are going to decide whether they game plan for Crabtree or not is based on what the 49ers are saying about him?! That's rediculous. The 49ers are saying how they feel about Crabtree so far. The media asks the questions...and the team answers them by what they see and how they feel.

The texans aren't going to gameplan around words. When the team watches film on its opponents do you think they watch press conferences, and who ever gets talked up...they are going to game plan for?!?!

NOT LIKELY.
  • Nabisko
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Adman:
You think other teams are going to decide whether they game plan for Crabtree or not is based on what the 49ers are saying about him?! That's rediculous. The 49ers are saying how they feel about Crabtree so far. The media asks the questions...and the team answers them by what they see and how they feel.

The texans aren't going to gameplan around words. When the team watches film on its opponents do you think they watch press conferences, and who ever gets talked up...they are going to game plan for?!?!

NOT LIKELY.
No.

-9fA
Originally posted by Joecool:
Because Vernon Davis did so well as a Decoy last year and the year before that and...

What we need is for Crabtree to catch the balls when double teamed. What we need is for Morgan to finish a guarantee TD and for Hill to get more time to throw and to find the open man when he does have that time.

Yep, that's what we need.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

well MS wants you to think that.....or does he.....
It will at least partially be the case.

He obviously doesn't know his routes or blocking assignments well enough yet to be a large part of the offense.

So, the ball will only go his way when he is wide open, or on simple screen passes or similar plays.

Otherwise, he will be on the field just to adjust to the speed of the NFL and to hopefully draw coverage his way to free up other recievers or to set up the running game.

The more we hype him, the more the other team has to focus on him, either in practicing for him this week and/or by putting better defenders on him during the game.

It's a no lose situation. If he's as good as advertised, he'll make plays regardless. If not, they will have wasted time and/or match ups on someone who isn't going to be a big part of the game plan.

Given the rest of our "talent" on offense, it has to help. Anything that either gets more talent on the field or get the other team to look left while we go right will help our team.
Maybe he can distract the defensive line a little so that they stall for a second.

Correction, for 2 seconds.
Maybe he can distract the defensive line a little so that they stall for a second.

Correction, for 2 seconds.