LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

Mariucci given a tour of 49ers headquarters??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
Mooch is a loser, couldnt take a loaded team anywhere. Thats why he got fired.

For real...why'd he have to go and break Garrison Hearsts leg? What an a*****e...

it wasn't his leg it was his ankle

Originally posted by JoseCortez:

Are you talking about the lions???

No Im talking about the 49ers.

yea he took a loaded team that all the decent players were let go due to the salary cap situation

I was being sarcastic.

But when he had a loaded team, he did go the NFC Championship game and the divisional round. He also took the team from 4-12 back o 11-5 and into the playoffs, so he did rebuild the team.
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by Squirrel:
Or, maybe they're bringing in Mariucci to be General Manager, Holmgren to be President of Football Operations and Shanahan as Head Coach!

That would be the cool!

That doesn't make any sense at all, but I could see Mooch as OC.

Wow I don't know how you guys get up and put your pants on in the mornings.

IF Mooch comes back(more than likely not) it would probably be as a QB consultant. He got his start as a QB coach and has worked with Favre, Young and a buttload of other QBs.

This could be a precursor to Hill gettin the hook.

For those of you paying attention to NFLN, Mooch has ALWAYS had positive criticisms for Smith AND Hill. I'm pretty sure that if he was in the building that it's either for NFLN business or for that reason alone. Cause Mooch used to make ALOT of the same mistakes(til he got fired) that people complain that Nolan and now Sing have made. The difference is that we had a better team back then that could compensate for bad decisions. Not so much now.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

For real...why'd he have to go and break Garrison Hearsts leg? What an a*****e...

I still have nightmares about that game. Why did you have to spin
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

I still have nightmares about that game. Why did you have to spin

No kiddin, ha ?? We went to the Playoffs and a broken bone from the SB ... he's a loser ??

G F Y
I think it would be foolish for Jed York to be making any kind of decision regarding a a change in offensive coordinator at this time. Not with the way the Chargers are going where it could be the end of Norv Turner's time in San Diego.

Mike Singletary isn't going anywhere anytime soon unless the 49er's ends up with a seriously bad losing record. It's only his first year as a full time coach and he at least deserves another year to prove his worth.

What I would like to see: Mike Holmgren as the GM, Norv Turner (or someone with equivalent skills) as the Offensive Coordinator, a better Defensive Coordinator (unless Manusky improves) and Mike Singletary as the HC.

If everyone recalls, Holmgren was going to take a year off and then wanted to return as a GM. And without outright saying so, I feel that he was leaning towards being back with the 49er's.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
If we got Norv back I'd fall to the ground and have seizures of happiness. We'd prob have been in the SB last year if we still had him around.

But all in all, Mooch was prob around just to be shown that the killer instinct still isn't in SF, so it wasn't ALL his fault.
Singltary isn't going anywhere. The Yorks are still paying Mike Nolan's salary for this season, are they not? They sure as hell aren't going to be paying three head coaches at the same time. Besides, Singltary is doing a great job. I don't see how this sort of thing is even a discussion.
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
I think it would be foolish for Jed York to be making any kind of decision regarding a a change in offensive coordinator at this time. Not with the way the Chargers are going where it could be the end of Norv Turner's time in San Diego.

Mike Singletary isn't going anywhere anytime soon unless the 49er's ends up with a seriously bad losing record. It's only his first year as a full time coach and he at least deserves another year to prove his worth.

What I would like to see: Mike Holmgren as the GM, Norv Turner (or someone with equivalent skills) as the Offensive Coordinator, a better Defensive Coordinator (unless Manusky improves) and Mike Singletary as the HC.

If everyone recalls, Holmgren was going to take a year off and then wanted to return as a GM. And without outright saying so, I feel that he was leaning towards being back with the 49er's.

Dude you DOOOOOOOO realize that the Defense is pretty damn solid right?

The Offense is the bane of their existence however. One or two sustained drives a game doesn't keep the Defense fresh. That's not on Manusky at all.

~Ceadder

• SerJerryofRice
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by rob28:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
wheres larry allen when you need him?

and harris barton.

Harris Barton tried to kill Jose Cortez after a shanked field goal/extra point?
  • SerJerryofRice
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by FL9er:
Originally posted by valrod33:

The facepalm image should be replaced by the "C'Mon Man!" that ESPN does every week.

I agree

Originally posted by Giant9er:

No kiddin, ha ?? We went to the Playoffs and a broken bone from the SB ... he's a loser ??

G F Y

I liked Mooch, it was just bad luck that Hearst was injured, we were having a pretty damn good year that year.
It may not be too far off that Mooch could be brought in as a consultant. The offense clearly does not have an identity, with our line play being suspect at best, it may be time to start looking at the west coast system again. We need to be rolling the pocket, and using the short passes to set up the run. I think Raye is very talented but we don't have the Steelers type line to be running a power offense. If anything does happen with the staff, it wont happen until after the season is over.
Originally posted by Giant9er:

G F Y

Mooch is a loser, any real coach could have won a superbowl with the team he had.

When you have Rice Owens and Young, Hearst shouldnt make or break your playoff run
[ Edited by RichmondPete on Oct 24, 2009 at 1:56 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone