There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do you think yhe niners would be better without a cap or worse?

Do you think yhe niners would be better without a cap or worse?

doesn't matter, same crap. They draft s**tty
With "Moneybags" John York as owner? We'd be a lot worse off.
I don't see the Niners being major competition for free agent players in a capless NFL against big market teams like Dallas, Washington or NY.
worse
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
worse
Based on how we structure our contracts, changed leading ownership role to an Eddie D clone, and the pockets the Yorks have, I say we compete, damn it!!!!

Originally posted by danimal:

yeah Willis, Staley, V.Davis, really stink
it sucked even worse when we drafted these players in later rounds Gore, D.Goldston, P.Haralson, D.Walker.
Kills me that ppl are so critical of the 9ers drafts those players above all range from superstar to solid player. Several were found in late rounds even a superstar in Gore. So VD took a couple years to develope, he also needed opportunities. Balmer/Rachel are lineman, it's not uncommon at all for a lineman to take a couple years to develope. I give you Alex Smith/David Baas/R.Woods but the 9ers have alot of very good draft picks and several that are just to young to be judged either way yet.
Yorks are cheap, so it doesn't matter.
94 was the last time there was an uncapped salary

but that was when Eddie D was running the show, not giving a f*ck

how its padawan Jedi York
jets, giants, cowboys will all be the yankees of the nfl. We'll be the Cleveland Indians.
I think all teams would be worse! So many primadonas, greedy, selfish players. And let's not forget about some of those agents (i.e. Eugene Parker). There aren't too many Ulbrichs out there to negotiate their wages because of the love they have for the game.

For a profession that already pays salaries that are similar to winning the lottery, it would be sad to have no kind of cap.
Much worse. They are cheap.
How much revenue do the 49ers generate compared to other teams??

I saw an article in forbes that lists the niners worth 865 million with 201 million in revenue. Dallas was number one with a 1.6 billion dollar worth generating 269 million in revenue. Of course, with Jones just dumping his first born into his new stadium I doubt he'd be happy with an uncapped year. However, their market value is 3 times what ours is.

I don't know much about revenue sharing but it's nothing a few winning seasons wouldn't change. If we go uncapped it will be up to Jed to see how far he can take us.

Here is the article from a year ago.

null
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by danimal:

yeah Willis, Staley, V.Davis, really stink
it sucked even worse when we drafted these players in later rounds Gore, D.Goldston, P.Haralson, D.Walker.
Kills me that ppl are so critical of the 9ers drafts those players above all range from superstar to solid player. Several were found in late rounds even a superstar in Gore. So VD took a couple years to develope, he also needed opportunities. Balmer/Rachel are lineman, it's not uncommon at all for a lineman to take a couple years to develope. I give you Alex Smith/David Baas/R.Woods but the 9ers have alot of very good draft picks and several that are just to young to be judged either way yet.

Maybe he was being sarcastic?