LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 328 users in the forums

How many of u think nate davis should start next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How many of u think nate davis should start next year?

• wolfpack219
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
No. Let him learn another year, then he'll be ready.

I agree with this!

Take it from a man who knows him well...

Seriously though, I have a feeling that Alex will start pretty soon as I see Hill getting worse. I hope I'm wrong because his betterment only benefits the team. Still, Alex may see playing time. If he's successful, then he can continue and allow Davis to continue to develop and grow in this offense.

Still OTC, I think Davis will compete for the starting job to see more preseason action. He's seems a quick read as long it is in visual format to cater to his learning style. I think his growth this offseason will tell greatly. I think he will be in contact with our greats, Joe and Steve...just me, but I think Jed's influence is going a long way.

Anyway, I do think that Davis can be our heir apparent especially since both he and Crabtree are supposedly hangin' out together at least on the team that is...
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninertico:

Take it from a man who knows him well...

Seriously though, I have a feeling that Alex will start pretty soon as I see Hill getting worse. I hope I'm wrong because his betterment only benefits the team. Still, Alex may see playing time. If he's successful, then he can continue and allow Davis to continue to develop and grow in this offense.

Still OTC, I think Davis will compete for the starting job to see more preseason action. He's seems a quick read as long it is in visual format to cater to his learning style. I think his growth this offseason will tell greatly. I think he will be in contact with our greats, Joe and Steve...just me, but I think Jed's influence is going a long way.

Anyway, I do think that Davis can be our heir apparent especially since both he and Crabtree are supposedly hangin' out together at least on the team that is...

A lot of assumptions for one post.
As much as I want to say yes, we really have to figure out what we have with QB#1 and QB#2 first....
I think he should be given a chance to compete for the starting spot.
  • dj43
I have it on good authority from a staffer that Davis was given an option to start against Houston but after reviewing the tape of the last two games and seeing how poorly the OL performed in pass protection he immediately ran from the room yelling, "NO, NO, NO!"

He was later found in the restroom violently ill.
  • SF4916
  • Info N/A
Nate should get a chance to compete for starter ONLY IF Shaun doesn't lead the team to the playoffs this year.

Its very intriguing in 2010 if the Skill Players are Nate Davis, Gore, VD, Morgan, Crabtree, and J. Hill/Brandon Jones.
In next year's training camp, he will take the position from Hill and Smith. Count on it, unless we pick-up someone better through the FA or Draft.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
As much as I want to say yes, we really have to figure out what we have with QB#1 and QB#2 first....

What? We know what we have in QB1 and QB2

QB1 is a noodle armed,game managing QB that can't get down the ball downfield but doesn't turn it over. Good leader with heart but no physical tools.

QB2 is a has been that never was with small hands and an einstein sized brain but no operating system to make it function properly.Can get the ball deep but lacks the touch on the ball and leadership ability.

there I summed it up for you

Seriously though we already know what Alex and Shaun bring tothe table. Its time one if not both of them leave the team so we can explore other options at QB. Another year of this is unacceptable!!

I think he should have every opportunity to compete for the starting position. Singletary didn't want to throw him to the wolves like he saw happen to Alex. With a year to learn the offense, he should be in prime condition to compete for the starting job. He looks to have the right size, arm strength, mobility and confidence for the job.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by E-49er:
Originally posted by SJniner7:

What? We know what we have in QB1 and QB2

QB1 is a noodle armed,game managing QB that can't get down the ball downfield but doesn't turn it over. Good leader with heart but no physical tools.

QB2 is a has been that never was with small hands and an einstein sized brain but no operating system to make it function properly.Can get the ball deep but lacks the touch on the ball and leadership ability.

there I summed it up for you

Seriously though we already know what Alex and Shaun bring tothe table. Its time one if not both of them leave the team so we can explore other options at QB. Another year of this is unacceptable!!

QB2 is still 25 years old, and maybe he just needs a reboot. QB1 isn't going to get any better, but he's solid (as long as we're winning).

QB3 is very interesting.

But, I think what we need is a QB4 next season. Trade for someone. Draft someone. Most likely, the QB of the future isn't on our roster. Although I do believe Nate Davis could be that guy, if he's surrounded by the right people (players and coaches).
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
No. They should another QB in first round and sign a veteren QB. We need a real QB that can win the superbowl one day.
If the season takes a s**t and we have no chance at the playoffs I say start Alex and Davis to see what we have
Does anyone here honestly wanna try to claim that they have seen enough of Davis for this topic to even be broached? Not one person posting here knows, anyone that claims they do is full of bull.
Share 49ersWebzone