There are 155 users in the forums

Niner fans in New York?

I am headed to New York for the weekend to visit a cousin. Is there any sort of Niner's HQ, or a Niner ba somewhere in NY. He lives in Queens, right by the N line (I think), so I am hoping to find a place to show the game since my flight doesn't leave NY until 5 or so... Thanks!
There is a Niner group that meets on 2nd ave between 13th and 14th street in manhattan (two blocks from my place) every Sunday and they even put up a Niners flag outside.

The bar is called Finnertys (spelling? Google it)
Originally posted by Chief:
There is a Niner group that meets on 2nd ave between 13th and 14th street in manhattan (two blocks from my place) every Sunday and they even put up a Niners flag outside.

Is it a dive bar? cause my wifey doesn't like dive bars....
Oh, and all the trains go to Union Sq that is only a few blocks from there, plus the east village has the highest ratio of good looking women in the states.

Yup. right next to the KFC that used to be the infamous Taco Bell that got flooded with rats
Originally posted by SJniner7:

No, a dive bar is a little s**tty place with a s**tty TV and a fat bartender. Google it, I'm sure you can find pics.
Originally posted by SJniner7:

No, a dive bar is a little s**tty place with a s**tty TV and a fat bartender. Google it, I'm sure you can find pics.

found it on yelp.... hopefully we can make it and catch at least the first quarter or so...
  • 49erTone
  • Info N/A
My dad will be flying into NY from Oakland next week and he wanted to know where to hook up to watch the Niner-Colts game. Is that place Finnerty's a spot where alot of the NY Niner fans go to? Any additional info would greatly appreciated so I can pass it on to him
Originally posted by 49erTone:
My dad will be flying into NY from Oakland next week and he wanted to know where to hook up to watch the Niner-Colts game. Is that place Finnerty's a spot where alot of the NY Niner fans go to? Any additional info would greatly appreciated so I can pass it on to him

From what I understand they have a group where at least 15 or so show up weekly, and then whoever else wonders in. So that is a pretty good showing, considering this is the east coast.
Share 49erswebzone