There are 90 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alex Smith & Crabtree Chemistry

How about, Alex Smith & Brandon Jones Chemistry?

-9fA

you Alex fanatics are too funny....and sad at the same time

how about you root for another team, until the 49ers bench their Starting QB, THAT MAN NAMED SHAUN HILL

wooeee... it burns doesn't it...... Shaun Hill.....Thee Shaun Hill... Starting QB of your NFC WEST Champs, San Francisco 49ers...

Shaun Hill.......Thee Shaun Hill and Alex Smith is the Backup.....only because he gets paid so much....hahahahahaha

you all think they reworked Alex's contract to keep him around, for the long haul?....HA!

You think there was a legitimate QB competition to see if Alex could win "his" staring job back...hahahahaha.... they were just trying to make him look good...well at least average just so they can at least get a 6th round pick for him....but no one was dumb enough to bite.....not even Alex's savior Norv....he High tailed out of here cause he knew what kind of F'd up situation he was in by having Alex Smith as his QB...and forced to stick with him.......and some of you think if he gets fired from SD....that he would ACTUALLY come back here to save Alex

Alex played soooo bad here that the fans wanted Cody Pickett to start over him....hell they wanted Dorsy....hell even Chris Winkie Dinkie Doo......

Alex Smith....seems like a nice kid....well at least he got his money, I ain't mad...do what you do young man........well of course besides trying to be a starting QB in the NFL.......maybe CFL?.....hmmm.....ummm maybe UFL..no I think they have better QBs than him... Brooks Bolinger, Quinten Gray (maybe equal), JP Loseman, Mike McMahon....
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 20, 2009 at 6:52 PM ]
I'd like to add that, in reality, I am not a big Alex Smith guy. I'm just not sold on Shaun Hill either. Sure, Hill has won a lot of games by not screwing up. But not screwing up isn't gonna cut it against good teams. We've seen that already.

I just want to entertain the idea of a shakeup at the quarterback position, especially now that Crabtree is on board. I remember how well Smith played when we had Antonio Bryant a few years back. I'm not on his jock, nor Hill's. But I'm not ready to throw in the towel on Alex Smith just yet - almost there, but not quite.

...What I would really like to see is a new QB added to the roster in March. Until then, I have to loyalties to Smith or Hill. I just want to win.
Originally posted by mississippi_sam:
I'd like to add that, in reality, I am not a big Alex Smith guy. I'm just not sold on Shaun Hill either. Sure, Hill has won a lot of games by not screwing up. But not screwing up isn't gonna cut it against good teams. We've seen that already.

I just want to entertain the idea of a shakeup at the quarterback position, especially now that Crabtree is on board. I remember how well Smith played when we had Antonio Bryant a few years back. I'm not on his jock, nor Hill's. But I'm not ready to throw in the towel on Alex Smith just yet - almost there, but not quite.

...What I would really like to see is a new QB added to the roster in March. Until then, I have to loyalties to Smith or Hill. I just want to win.

you could tell on the field that Antonio Bryant hated playing for Alex.... he would openly complain after a play.....and let loose on Alex last year, talking about how Alex has a VERY hard time playing and understanding the QB position or at least the 49ers offense.....

here is the interview...Alex's section.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ys-antoniobryant121208
Quote:
The incident, however, drew him a four-game suspension (final two of ’06 and first two of ’07). The 49ers released Bryant on March 1, 2007 – not just because of his arrest but also because of his conflicts with quarterback Alex Smith, the No. 1 overall pick in the ’05 draft.

Bryant says Smith operated under a different set of rules and that he was slow to pick up the 49ers offense.

“You go to practice, and you go over something over and over again,” Bryant says. “When are you going to figure this out?”

Then-49ers coach Mike Nolan says he mishandled his receiver and regretted the team’s decision to release him.

“He was the best receiver we had in San Francisco, in the time I was here,” says Nolan, fired by the 49ers in October. “Looking back on it, I actually made a mistake in letting him go. I think I put too much blame on Antonio, as far as his relationship with the quarterback.

“As it turns out, it was not all his doing. I blamed him for more than he should have been blamed for. There’s no question he was making more effort than I was made aware of. I truly regret that.”
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 20, 2009 at 7:30 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:

how about you root for another team, until the 49ers bench their Starting QB, THAT MAN NAMED SHAUN HILL

wooeee... it burns doesn't it...... Shaun Hill.....Thee Shaun Hill... Starting QB of your NFC WEST Champs, San Francisco 49ers...

Shaun Hill.......Thee Shaun Hill and Alex Smith is the Backup.....only because he gets paid so much....hahahahahaha

you all think they reworked Alex's contract to keep him around, for the long haul?....HA!

You think there was a legitimate QB competition to see if Alex could win "his" staring job back...hahahahaha.... they were just trying to make him look good...well at least average just so they can at least get a 6th round pick for him....but no one was dumb enough to bite.....not even Alex's savior Norv....he High tailed out of here cause he knew what kind of F'd up situation he was in by having Alex Smith as his QB...and forced to stick with him.......and some of you think if he gets fired from SD....that he would ACTUALLY come back here to save Alex

Alex played soooo bad here that the fans wanted Cody Pickett to start over him....hell they wanted Dorsy....hell even Chris Winkie Dinkie Doo......

Alex Smith....seems like a nice kid....well at least he got his money, I ain't mad...do what you do young man........well of course besides trying to be a starting QB in the NFL.......maybe CFL?.....hmmm.....ummm maybe UFL..no I think they have better QBs than him... Brooks Bolinger, Quinten Gray (maybe equal), JP Loseman, Mike McMahon....

if you think alex smith has gotten a fair chance in the nfl you have no idea what youre talking about

Wow. ROFL. I do believe you made up just about every single part of that post. Congratulations on a terrific imagination and your ability to write things without any substantiation.

(I understand the support is driving you crazy, but it should be understood that support for the guy is not unwarranted.)

To sum up everyone's overall statements -- in a nutshell what everyone's saying is basically this:

"Hill needs to play better, or we're not going anywhere." and
"If Hill does not rebound, giving Alex a shot to see if he can spark the offense would make sense."
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 20, 2009 at 8:00 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Wow. ROFL. I do believe you made up just about every single part of that post. Congratulations on a terrific imagination and your ability to write things without any substantiation.

(I understand the support is driving you crazy, but it should be understood that support for the guy is not unwarranted.)

To sum up everyone's overall statements -- in a nutshell what everyone's saying is basically this:

"If Hill does not rebound, giving Alex a shot to see if he can spark the offense would make sense."

And if Hill and Smith both suck....................FREE NATE!!!!!!!!!!!

Voice of reason right there...
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

If Nate sucks then what?
Originally posted by plinius9mm:

If Nate sucks then what?

We'll still have Spurlock to run the Taser all game.
Originally posted by plinius9mm:

If Nate sucks then what?

Free Scot............................................out of his contract and get a real gm that can indentify talent in here.

I can and have agreed to that.......but my take is.... if the Oline is playing better (they don't have to be perfect...just "normal" will do)....and he starts to hesitate and miss his targets and starts bumping into his own line men.......then yes bench him.....but if it is the same scenario like these past few weeks where he has like 2 seconds in the pocket, I say leave him in there because ,imo, he is still the best QB on our roster than can keep us in games and win us games, this season. So keep him in there until until we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs....unless he is doing horrendous in the process.

I believe Nate will be able to challenge him next year if Hill plays sub-par this year.

If Hill struggles this year, Alex will be brought in and we'll see how he does.....if he comes in and plays how we all would love for him to play (like Matt Ryan) then that is great for everyone......and I'll get a phoenix tattooed on my butt.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 20, 2009 at 9:03 PM ]
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
FREE ALEX!!!!!
Originally posted by JMC52:
FREE ALEX!!!!!

Shaun Hill is GOd aweful and you must of not watched the Atlanta game cause your a fail