There are 236 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Crabtree's total yards vs. Houston

Crabtree's total yards vs. Houston

Originally posted by NinerForLife:
Best thing is Crabs is used to catching passes from a QB with a weak arm, Harrell did not have a cannon but was pretty accurate. So having to come back on routes to help out his QB is something he is already used to doing.

• B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Best thing is Crabs is used to catching passes from a QB with a weak arm, Harrell did not have a cannon but was pretty accurate. So having to come back on routes to help out his QB is something he is already used to doing.

But he isn't used to catching punts yet.
i wouldnt mind him getting 1 catch for -10 yards, as long as we win
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
On 3rd down situations (even going back to last season under Martz) Shaun Hill throws to either his slot receivers or TEs 80% of the time (Jason Hill was his most favored weapon last year out of the slot). Shaun loves his SLOTS!

-So I think Shaun is going to utilize Crabs, and Crabs is going to make the proper reads, and be in "dump-off/play-action" positions for YAC against Houston.

But all this will only be measured by how well our o-line fares next Sunday.

because he can't get it to his outside receivers,lol.
10 snaps, three thrown passes at, couple of catches for 24 yards bcs
33yards
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
3 catches, 42 yards.

Immediately passes DHB's total catches for the season.

wow! he is doing that bad eh? They still have today to get him some yards tho!

I say 25-50. I think he gets 2-3 passes his direction, one taken down for a gain of 3-5 yards, another break a 30 yarder, and another drop... sigh.... part of being a rookie tho
[ Edited by SJniner7 on Oct 18, 2009 at 8:14 AM ]
I say on our first play, we just try throwing a long bomb to Crabtree.

If it doesn't work, oh well, it'll be 2nd and 10, just like if we ran it.

Never happen, I'm willing to bet the first play is Gore up the middle for however many yards our new offensive line lets him get. I see Crabtree having 2 catches for 39 yards, and two first downs. After these last 5 games, why would anybody expect any different? We will win this game though.
[ Edited by TheCatch on Oct 18, 2009 at 8:14 AM ]
Originally posted by TheCatch:

Never happen, I'm willing to bet the first play is Gore up the middle for however many yards our new offensive line lets him get. I see Crabtree having 2 catches for 39 yards, and two first downs. After these last 5 games, why would anybody expect any different? We will win this game though.

That's almost 20 yards a catch
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
Originally posted by TheCatch:

That's almost 20 yards a catch

Yeah, I'm anticipating he will run after the 10 yard catch, to prove to us he is for real.
[ Edited by TheCatch on Oct 18, 2009 at 8:36 AM ]

It's true. The checkdown king is going to have a new favorite target.
Originally posted by queretano:
10 snaps, three thrown passes at, couple of catches for 24 yards bcs

That sounds about right.
11 passes for 215 yards and a touchdown
Originally posted by B650:

I truly believe Crabtree will return some punts for us this year. I remember the press conference when Crabs was introduced after he finally signed. Coach said he would let him get used to the offense 1st then start looking at him for ST play. He did not specify KR/PR but I can't Crabtree being used on ST in any other capacity other than return man.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by B650:

I truly believe Crabtree will return some punts for us this year. I remember the press conference when Crabs was introduced after he finally signed. Coach said he would let him get used to the offense 1st then start looking at him for ST play. He did not specify KR/PR but I can't Crabtree being used on ST in any other capacity other than return man.

I was talking about punts that originate from hands, not feet.