LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

49ers Working Out Matt Wilhelm

Shop Find 49ers gear online
goodbye ulbrich?
Originally posted by teeohh:
goodbye ulbrich?

I think its an indication that Ulbrich is headed to IR.
Originally posted by Black59Razor:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
What's the point of this guy, if we're going to have an open roster spot use it to find an OL. If we want a special teamer we should just go get Keith Lewis again.

what O-linemen would you want

...Seriously, I doubt that they DIDN'T look for an OL. Like there are any quality Linemen, let alone actual players in the muck pile.

While some of you don't get this team sometimes....

Some of us don't get YOU "fans" sometimes...

What? I never said anything about "you fans" or whatever, I don't get why you're angry. All I AM SAYING is, what is the point of this guy, if we go for ST player might as well go get Kieth Lewis off the scrap heap. Atleast we know he's good on ST and we know him. I don't see a point and if they sign him and Ulbrich goes to IR I'll just shrug my shoulders because this guy doesn't make us any better IMO. Chill out man.
What's the point of this guy, if we're going to have an open roster spot use it to find an OL. If we want a special teamer we should just go get Keith Lewis again.

...Seriously, I doubt that they DIDN'T look for an OL. Like there are any quality Linemen, let alone actual players in the muck pile.

What? I never said anything about "you fans" or whatever, I don't get why you're angry. All I AM SAYING is, what is the point of this guy, if we go for ST player might as well go get Kieth Lewis off the scrap heap. Atleast we know he's good on ST and we know him. I don't see a point and if they sign him and Ulbrich goes to IR I'll just shrug my shoulders because this guy doesn't make us any better IMO. Chill out man.

God Forbid Willis/Spikes go down and then its McKillop back there.......you can't lose Ulbrich bc he's the top backup at both of those inside spots. You can't lose him and not replace him its not all special teams.
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Wilson-Former-Chargers-linebacker-visits-49ers.html

Former San Diego Chargers linebacker Matt Wilhelm visited the San Francisco 49ers on Friday, according to a league source.

Wilhelm is a former Chargers fourth-round draft pick out of Ohio State.

He was cut by the Philadelphia Eagles during their final major roster cutdown before the season.

Wilhelm mostly played on special teams for the Chargers, but became a starter in 2007 when Donnie Edwards signed with the Kansas City Chiefs. The Chargers cut Wilhelm on July 24 after signing Kevin Burnett.

Your Thoughts?

Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
The final piece of the puzzle...

A dynasty begins!

lol
Originally posted by JDeezy:
Originally posted by teeohh:
goodbye ulbrich?

I think its an indication that Ulbrich is headed to IR.

does he still go on the 10 year wall?
Originally posted by 49ers1fan1982:
Originally posted by matt49er:

Jon Runyan was just medically cleared to play....my gf is an eagles fan and i have watched him for years. he's a def upgrade over both Snyder and Pashos at RT.

He's also up there in years and apparently didn't want to come out, well at least to the Raiders.

Who would want to play for the raiders???

Nnamdi apparently.

after they paid him a billion dollars, any OL would have to see the 9ers as a great opportunity unless your a C or LT. I believe we need to bring in 1 or more OL before the next game and Runyan is the best out there. He's not a long term solution but he can plug the hole this year.
any word on this guy?
Obviously Manusky likes him

The final piece of the puzzle...

A dynasty begins!

but we are also brining in a person who probabluy has a short learning curve for our defense. all we really have is spikes, willis, mckillop, and emergency brooks.
i have a old football teammate/friend that took one too many head shots when we played college ball together and now he suffers from epilapsy. seizures are no joke and hope ulbrich abd lewis situations are not that serious.
It sounds like the right thing to do. If Ulbrich is done, then you've got to move on.
  • NickV
  • Veteran

Exactly.

I really don't understand this team sometimes.

He isn't even on a team now? Are you suggesting that all the other 31 teams dont get why Keith Lewis is such a superstar?
Share 49ersWebzone