LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 233 users in the forums

49ers Working Out Matt Wilhelm

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Wilson-Former-Chargers-linebacker-visits-49ers.html

Former San Diego Chargers linebacker Matt Wilhelm visited the San Francisco 49ers on Friday, according to a league source.

Wilhelm is a former Chargers fourth-round draft pick out of Ohio State.

He was cut by the Philadelphia Eagles during their final major roster cutdown before the season.

Wilhelm mostly played on special teams for the Chargers, but became a starter in 2007 when Donnie Edwards signed with the Kansas City Chiefs. The Chargers cut Wilhelm on July 24 after signing Kevin Burnett.

Your Thoughts?
[ Edited by NinerDreamer11 on Oct 17, 2009 at 12:51 PM ]
Perhaps a precursor to Jeff Ulbrich being out for an extended period of time or indefinitely. Ulbrich at this point was strictly special teams. Wilhem's role would appear to be much of the same.
The final piece of the puzzle...

A dynasty begins!
I heard Gary Plummer on KNBR the other night saying that Ulbrich recently got lost while driving from his home to the niners facility. That's not a good sign. It seems likely that Ulbrich is done this year, and possibly forever. The guy is a warrior, but you don't want to take chances with your brain.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Looks like Ulbrich is done. There looking for his replacement.
Originally posted by JDeezy:
Perhaps a precursor to Jeff Ulbrich being out for an extended period of time or indefinitely. Ulbrich at this point was strictly special teams. Wilhem's role would appear to be much of the same.

Probably would be much of the same but depth at LB is good if Ulbrich can't go.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I heard Gary Plummer on KNBR the other night saying that Ulbrich recently got lost while driving from his home to the niners facility. That's not a good sign. It seems likely that Ulbrich is done this year, and possibly forever. The guy is a warrior, but you don't want to take chances with your brain.

Wow, when was this??? That's not a good sign at all. They have been saying that his situation is more serious than that of Michael Lewis.

Wow, when was this??? That's not a good sign at all. They have been saying that his situation is more serious than that of Michael Lewis.

Yeah that's not a good thing at all. They are people before players! He needs to call it quits for his own well being
Originally posted by FourNine49:

Yeah that's not a good thing at all. They are people before players! He needs to call it quits for his own well being

You can throw in M. Lewis in that situation as well. There is no way in hell that he should be on that football field at all the rest of the season. The next concussion could really mess him up
What's the point of this guy, if we're going to have an open roster spot use it to find an OL. If we want a special teamer we should just go get Keith Lewis again.

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
What's the point of this guy, if we're going to have an open roster spot use it to find an OL. If we want a special teamer we should just go get Keith Lewis again.

Exactly.

I really don't understand this team sometimes.

This presumes that there are good OL out there.......they're all former Raiders.

He got lost driving a familiar route? That's scary. I hope he recovers.

This presumes that there are good OL out there.......they're all former Raiders.

Originally posted by FourNine49:

Share 49ersWebzone