What OL change would you prefer?

What OL change would you prefer?

Originally posted by GEEK:
Staley-Baas-Heitmann-Wragge-Pashos

Bench: Sims, Wallace, Rachal

Inactive: Snyder

*** Just for the Texans.

Agreed.

I really hope they're still working with Wallace at guard. Hopefully he'll eventually contribute.
Originally posted by bigtony2tone:

*** Just for the Texans.

Agreed.

I really hope they're still working with Wallace at guard. Hopefully he'll eventually contribute.

Why Snyder inactive?
I am thinking that benching Rachal for Wragge is all that is really needed... While Baas looks stinky too, who is his backup?
Staley-Wragge-Heitman-Baas-coin flip Snyder/Pashos
Originally posted by SJniner7:
I am thinking that benching Rachal for Wragge is all that is really needed... While Baas looks stinky too, who is his backup?

If Rachal was replaced by Wragge and Snyder by Pashos, then presumably Snyder would be Baas' backup........you can make that argument all day as to who you'd rather have in there. With our o-line struggling and still Cody Wallace has not suited up for a regular season game, despite the claims that they want to try him at guard......I think it's not too early to say that we should have gone elsewhere with that pick. I'm not saying he can't be a good player, he's just not going to contribute this year when we need a guy to contribute this year.
Staley Wragge Heitman Snyder Pashos
Staley - Baas - Heitmann - Wragge -Snyder/Pashos
I will take any change that actually gives us an OLine that can at least block a pop warner DLine.
Originally posted by backontop:
I will take any change that actually gives us an OLine that can at least block a pop warner DLine.

Seriously this has been the problem. It's not that they've been gettin beaten by the likes of the Williams' in Minnesota or Haynesworth or Canty or Ratliff.......they've been getting beaten in 2 consecutive weeks by guys who at times have been third stringers.
Originally posted by backontop:

*** Just for the Texans.

Sims as the only reserve tackle? No thanks.
Originally posted by RichmondPete:

*** Just for the Texans.

Sims as the only reserve tackle? No thanks.

yeah no way why not keep snyder active and lose sims?
Well the problem is around the way the oline is built as of now. Although Staley and Heitmann have played well, they are solid technique blockers, with just enough strength to get them by.

While Rachal and Baas are supposed to be the "maulers" of the oline; on running plays they should be taking the guy out in front of them, and they are not doing that. The problem is that these guys are built for that, that's their play style, our oline is scheme is designed around their strength's. We run few zone, pull a guard type blocking plays, these guys aren't as athletic as Smiley was, or other "finesse" guards around the league.

And as far as Snyder/Pashos goes, draft/FA.

IMO, keep those 4 guys together, there's good potential there, they just need to practice more and study film, they have the talent...
[ Edited by TheG0RE49er on Oct 17, 2009 at 9:38 PM ]
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Well the problem is around the way the oline is built as of now. Although Staley and Heitmann have played well, they are solid technique blockers, which just enough strength to get them by.

While Rachal and Baas are supposed to be the "maulers" of the oline, on running plays they should be taking the guy in front of them, and they are not doing that. The problem is that these guys are built for that, that's their play style, our oline is scheme is designed around their strength's. We run few zone, pull a guard type blocking play, these guys weren't as athletic as Smiley was, or other "finesse" guards around the league.

And as far as Snyder/Pashos goes, draft/FA.

IMO, keep those 4 guys together, there's good potential there, they just need to practice more and study film, they have the talent...

I hope your right
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home