LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

49er myths examined

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by nflguy49:
Originally posted by Kush_Man16:
the timeout problem was glen coffee's fault by far; i dont mind a great coach/motivator calling timeouts to rally the troops

The Niners gave up a 35 yard td after the timeout. It wasn't even close as the WR was WIDE open.

Exactly... how is that Sing's fault?

If Singletary's rah rah stuff was working(all offseason, training camp and in practices) he wouldn't need to call timeouts during games for a pep talk.

His game management blows. It better improve in a hurry.

I agree 100%. Even Nolan's clock management / game management was much better than this.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
If Singletary's rah rah stuff was working(all offseason, training camp and in practices) he wouldn't need to call timeouts during games for a pep talk.

I agree 100%. Even Nolan's clock management / game management was much better than this.

Wow.

Your posts proves my point, nothing else needs to be said.

[ Edited by TheG0RE49er on Oct 16, 2009 at 16:48:50 ]
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

Wow.

How is it not better? I didn't see any PEP RALLY Timeouts that cost you a fumble later that was caused by the ground.

1) We are the slowest team in the NFL on offense and actually a little slow on defense too at certain positions. Yes our speed or lack of it is terrible.

2) Coach Sing's timeouts for PEP RALLY's and clock management / game management would rank him #32 in the league right now.

3) Hill is a huge problem. He can only throw a 7 - 8 yard pass. Anything 10 + is out of the question. The D. stacks the box within a 10 yard area becuase he is no threat beyond that. Anything beyond that and the ball will come down "like a punt" and be uncatchable.

Yes the O Line is the bigger problem. But that still doesn't fix the weakness that is Shaun Hill.

He has thrown perfect long balls to Morgan (dropped) and Bruce, and has thrown several well placed 20+ yard passes to Vernon Davis.

Where are you getting the idea that he can't throw an accurate long ball?

I hope you realize that the primary benefit of "arm strength" is in the fact that the quarterback has an advantage throwing out patterns, hitches and slants in a small window.
The deep pass is only a secondary benefit of arm strength.

Its true, Hill can't throw a bullet into a small window, but you're barking up the wrong tree by attacking him with all of this "long ball" stuff.

Hill has thrown the long ball adequately.

If you want to attack him, complain that he can't hit deep outs, etc.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
1) We are the slowest team in the NFL on offense and actually a little slow on defense too at certain positions. Yes our speed or lack of it is terrible.

2) Coach Sing's timeouts for PEP RALLY's and clock management / game management would rank him #32 in the league right now.

3) Hill is a huge problem. He can only throw a 7 - 8 yard pass. Anything 10 + is out of the question. The D. stacks the box within a 10 yard area becuase he is no threat beyond that. Anything beyond that and the ball will come down "like a punt" and be uncatchable.

Yes the O Line is the bigger problem. But that still doesn't fix the weakness that is Shaun Hill.

He has thrown perfect long balls to Morgan (dropped) and Bruce, and has thrown several well placed 20+ yard passes to Vernon Davis.

I hope you realize that the primary benefit of "arm strength" is in the fact that the quarterback has an advantage throwing out patterns, hitches and slants in a small window.

Its true, Hill can't throw a bullet into a small window, but you're barking up the wrong tree by attacking him with all of this "long ball" stuff.

Hill CAN'T HIT DEEP OUTS.

Hill CAN'T HIT DEEP OUTS.

But but he is the King at dump-offs........
I just wanted to say that I like this thread!! Good insight

You fellas are making me sad. I need something positive on a Friday, I'm going to a homer thread!

[ Edited by verb1der on Oct 16, 2009 at 17:45:03 ]
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

Wow.

How is it not better? I didn't see any PEP RALLY Timeouts that cost you a fumble later that was caused by the ground.

Nolan has proved that he is good at Defense but when he has to run the whole show he falls apart at the seams.
I don't think I've ever seen people complain so much about a winning team. Sure, we have faults and shortcomings, but every team has them. Some teams don't have much but every team has something they need to improve on.
  • ptw1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
I just wanted to say that I like this thread!! Good insight

Agreed! When the initial poster says trading for Peyton Manning wouldn't matter, you can't expect much. At least we know who today's "Are You High?" award goes to

C'mon man it's painfully obvious watching all of his long passes,sure he's connected on a few but most of them he has not and he hardly ever throws a tight spiral,most of them are wobbly or ducks as the commentator noted.Example-the last pass of the ATL game he stepped into the throw with no pressure and was still 5 yards short on the WR.If he threw the long ball adequately then I'm sure the WR's would have more than 13 catches apiece.

This is not attacking Hill it is fact.I want him to succeed because he is our starter.The offense is bottom ranked in nearly every category so he needs to improve along with the O-line otherwise changes have to be made including him.
Share 49ersWebzone