There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do agree with coach Sing's idea of his NBA style Timeouts??

Do agree with coach Sing's idea of his NBA style Timeouts??

• pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by pd24:
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and other teams use timeouts to gather the team when momentum is shifting and the game is moving away from them. So I'm not sure what the big deal is.

Not really. They do it in the NBA, but in th NFL tou need timeouts for clock management and challenging bad calls. You also need it in case the QB doesn't get the play or if people are lined up wrong.

you've never seen an NFL coach call a timeout to gather his defense during a long drive by the opposing offense?
Not in the 1st qtr. Most timeouts are used on O.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and other teams use timeouts to gather the team when momentum is shifting and the game is moving away from them. So I'm not sure what the big deal is.

Not really. They do it in the NBA, but in th NFL tou need timeouts for clock management and challenging bad calls. You also need it in case the QB doesn't get the play or if people are lined up wrong.

you've never seen an NFL coach call a timeout to gather his defense during a long drive by the opposing offense?
Not in the 1st qtr. Most timeouts are used on O.

I think the circumstances dictated using the timeout in the 1st quarter, because it was clear they had us on our heels. Timeouts get used mostly on O, sure, but not exclusively.
Originally posted by alanbeez22:
depends on the situation/ not in the 4th
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It's completely absurd and stupid. It's Singletary's passion getting the best of him. It cost us on the Delanie fumble which was really caused by the ground. In a close game Singletary will cost us.

When Singletary took that time out, we still had two left. We proceeded to use one because of Coffee and because the play clock was winding down. I had no problems with him using our first time out to regroup the team. I would not like it much if it was our 2nd or 3rd timeout.
Where was all of this outrage, after the Arizone game? LOL!!
No, I think its very amateurish what he is doing with wasting timeouts for pep talks. These men are professional and should prepared to start the game. Timeouts should be used to stop the clock in critical situations and saved so you can challenge plays.
I agree with why he does it but with only 3 timeouts per half there had better be a really good reason for it.
I'm sure Sing learned his timeout lesson painfully
Originally posted by sixbricks:
I'm sure Sing learned his timeout lesson painfully

• Aroh
  • Info N/A
I'm sick and tired of hearing people saying that Singletary knows what he's doing when he calls the timeouts to motivate the team. That one that he called against Arizona.... Right after the timeout the Cardinals continued to march up the field and then scored a touchdown... His motivation timeouts are pointless, stupid and a waste of a valuable timeout.
I'm sure Singletary heard enough about the PTT (pep-talk timeout)...and highly doubt if he's every going to use it again.
It's his first yr as the HC, things happen.
Originally posted by 49ersking:
I'm sure Singletary heard enough about the PTT (pep-talk timeout)...and highly doubt if he's every going to use it again.
It's his first yr as the HC, things happen.

Everybody has a learning curve in their first season.