There are 73 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ERS interested in Josh Cribbs

LINK

I hope we get him, we need explosive players.
  • B650
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,205
Anyone is better than Battle.
Sounds about right, we are a running team with only one running back and seven wideouts, and a GM with crap for brains.... so lets trade for another wide out!
that would be amazing.
  • B650
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,205
Originally posted by Ninersdeep:
that would be amazing.

I agree, if you can't score on offense, at least have your defense and special teams score for you.
Why would they get rid of him? After Mangeniu........scratch that. After Mandipsh!t got done trading all their other skill players away, he's all they have left.
What is he worth? I know he's good but what do you trade for a guy like him? Could they trade battle and a highend pick? I imagine they may need a reciever after trading edwards and now cribbs
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,931
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Why would they get rid of him? After Mangeniu........scratch that. After Mandipsh!t got done trading all their other skill players away, he's all they have left.

They don't want to pay him the money he wants/deserves. Might as well trade him while you can if you aren't going to pay him.
He's looked in cheap till 2012.....great return man. Too bad its between 6 other teams. As to Stoney's point, he is all they have at this point. He's their best player and i'm not exagerating. I'd do it for the right price or right player, probably won't happen.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
What is he worth? I know he's good but what do you trade for a guy like him? Could they trade battle and a highend pick? I imagine they may need a reciever after trading edwards and now cribbs

They would try to get a 3rd out right for him.......i'm just guessing........he'd probably be worth it for say Battle and a 4th. I say Battle because he's in the last year of his deal and may or may not be around next year.
I hope scotty gets fired and we get holmgren as a GM. We need Cribbs bad we got no kick or punt return specialist anymore.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 17,147
Why trade for Josh Cribbs when you can get a Spiller type that will be a dual threat at RB and KR?
Originally posted by GEEK:
Why trade for Josh Cribbs when you can get a Spiller type that will be a dual threat at RB and KR?

Because the situation for this current season remains shaky.
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
I hope scotty gets fired and we get holmgren as a GM. We need Cribbs bad we got no kick or punt return specialist anymore.

Holmgren is a pipe dream at the moment. Come this time next year, he'll be coaching the Redskins.....he's already stated that he wants back in as a coach.
wow...this would be huge if we can get him for a bargain...i love me some Josh Cribbs