There are 89 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Our first non-division win?

Our first non-division win?

Originally posted by teeohh:
it will be the Texans, if we can't beat the Texans I bet it will be because Hill plays crappy

I think our defense can hold them down, we'll see

I agree. I'm on the Barrows line of thinking that pretty much everything we saw against the Falcons was an aberration except the o-line play which has been consistently below average.

After two weeks of much needed rest, Frank Gore back, sprinkle in a little Crabtree and I think we're 4-2 heading into Indy.

I believe we have to win this next game against the Texans. If we lose the season will be almost a loss. There is no way we are beating the Colts and if we lose 3 in a row you can cancel any post season hopes for this team. My remaining picks:

Sun Oct. 25 @Texans - Win
Sun Nov. 1 @Colts - Loss
Sun Nov. 8 Titans - Win
Thur Nov. 12 Bears - Win
Sun Nov. 22 @Packers - Loss
Sun Nov. 29 Jaguars - Win
Sun Dec. 6 @Seahawks Loss
Mon Dec. 14 Cardinals - Win
Sun Dec. 20 @Eagles - Loss
Sun Dec. 27 Lions - Win
Sun Jan. 3 @Rams - Win
I swear if we don't beat the Texans we suck. They lost to the Jaguars..they do score points and we have to score more, which I hope we can. If Gore goes off than we got this game, they are allowing 140.8 (26th) yards rushing & 363 (24th) yards passing. If we struggle on offense against this team than we have no chance against top tier teams.

I doubt that would happen though, I expect us to beat them 31 - 21

Gore - 125 yards rushing
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
I swear if we don't beat the Texans we suck. They lost to the Jaguars..they do score points and we have to score more, which I hope we can. If Gore goes off than we got this game, they are allowing 140.8 (26th) yards rushing & 363 (24th) yards passing. If we struggle on offense against this team than we have no chance against top tier teams.

I doubt that would happen though, I expect us to beat them 31 - 21

Gore - 125 yards rushing

Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by verb1der:
This is a bogus poll...I'm hoping everyone is picking it will be the Texans game.

How is it bogus?

It's bogus, because if you see the results Texans game is currently at 86%....now let me ask...isn't that the obvious pick considering this is a 49er fan forum and that's our next game?

No offense bro.

Not really obvious unless you're a huge homer.

I don't have enough faith in this team to think they can beat the Texans or Colts on the road, I voted Titans.

Being a "homer" is one thing....but if the Niners don't beat the Texans (especially after a Falcons blowout bonanza) and lose 3 straight games (including Colts), then they may never get a win "outside the division".

Although.... it's good to know you would still have "faith" that they can beat the Titans after losing 3 striaght. I will then look to you for optimism Huckleberry!

Realest of all talks.

[ Edited by verb1der on Oct 15, 2009 at 13:45:51 ]
This is a bogus poll...I'm hoping everyone is picking it will be the Texans game.

How is it bogus?

It's bogus, because if you see the results Texans game is currently at 86%....now let me ask...isn't that the obvious pick considering this is a 49er fan forum and that's our next game?

No offense bro.

I don't have enough faith in this team to think they can beat the Texans or Colts on the road, I voted Titans.

Being a "homer" is one thing....but if the Niners don't beat the Texans (especially after a Falcons blowout bonanza) and lose 3 straight games (including Colts), then they may never get a win "outside the division".

Although.... it's good to know you would still have "faith" that they can beat the Titans after losing 3 striaght. I will then look to you for optimism Huckleberry!

Realest of all talks.

And we've already beaten a team superior to Houston on the road in Arizona . . . BTW Houston just lost at Arizona. To suggest that Niner fans expecting a win at Houston are "HUGE Homers" is obviously ridiculous.

I think someone was emotionally scarred by the Falcon loss.
Texans game definitely, but historically we have sucked after the bye week.
  • indianajim
  • Info N/A
Our first non-division win will come when Alex Smith starts.
Originally posted by indianajim:
Our first non-division win will come when Alex Smith starts.

So week 15 vs. detroit then huh?
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
yea, the homer in me says texans, but doubt that happens. The texans are a good team. The colts, even better. Titans is our first shot. 3-4 here we come.

And we're not? We actually boast a winning record and we are coming rested out the bye week. Where would the Texans be without Andre Johnson for 3 of those games?
Originally posted by redmanc07:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
yea, the homer in me says texans, but doubt that happens. The texans are a good team. The colts, even better. Titans is our first shot. 3-4 here we come.

And we're not? We actually boast a winning record and we are coming rested out the bye week. Where would the Texans be without Andre Johnson for 3 of those games?

Texans aren't that good.......1 win vs. Raiders and 1 vs. Titans.
Texans have too much offense. Im thinking we beat Tennessee next out of division
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Texans have too much offense. Im thinking we beat Tennessee next out of division

If you look at it, Zona got off VERY lucky last week, their defense is respectable, but they give up tons of huge plays (aside from Cromartie's interceptions).

I'm still holding out on the feeling that Atlanta was a fluke game (with all kinds of horrible luck in our favor). -But if we can wipe that game clean, and the defense from the first 4 weeks returns then we have a good shot against the Texans.

And for some reason I think we'll even find some luck on the offense in 3rd down conversions (specially with Gore back, blocking in the passing game). -Teams will be stacking the rookie up, giving Hill room to go to his favorite safety blanket/target in VD.

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Oct 15, 2009 at 15:02:13 ]
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

How is it bogus?

No offense bro.

Realest of all talks.

And we've already beaten a team superior to Houston on the road in Arizona . . . BTW Houston just lost at Arizona. To suggest that Niner fans expecting a win at Houston are "HUGE Homers" is obviously ridiculous.

I think someone was emotionally scarred by the Falcon loss.

I was scarred
Jags