There are 52 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alex smith taking snaps with 1st team offense

Oh god please cut Alex so we don't have to talk about that loser no more.
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Originally posted by valrod33:
im an Alex Smith supporter but if this is true this is stupid I dont see why you would bench Hill after 1 bad game, so if Alex has 1 bad game does that mean Nate Davis comes in

ya im a lil confused by this myself, maybe they wanted smith to be the man at some point all along....

Don't be confused...Singletary watched last MNF, saw what real QBs are supposed to do, then turned looked at Shaun Hill and said "What am I doin'??"
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,309
Shaun needs to keep winning games for us, otherwise Alex will be in there.
Actually i just figured out whats going on here its so freaking obvious

Alex Smith is taking the snaps because we are about to trade Shaun Hill to the New England Patriots for Tom Brady and we dont want Hill to get hurt and ruin this trade

Wow were all morons for not seeing this

Super Bowl here we come
The rise of the Alex Smith phoenix?!

I'm a bit excited, but we'll see if it means anything.
  • Mex49
  • Member
  • Posts: 2,979
Originally posted by susweel:
Oh god please cut Alex so we don't have to talk about that loser no more.

YEAH, lets talk about Hill and how wonderful he is
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by Mex49:
Originally posted by Schulzy:
MM also said to NOT read into it, seeing as many 2nd teams are getting first team reps. And what are you guys doing? Reading too much into it.

What a surprise.

Read into it? Obviously our Offense needs work... why then would the coach take desperately nedded practice time away from somebody that could use all the practice he can get if the coaches weren't ready to look another way.

Maybe Singletary is finally realizing his QB philiosphy of just dont f**k up is the same as doing nothing, which equates to not winining.
He thought our running game (GORE) and our Defense (Roman, Clements, Harrilson, Bly, Balmer) was going to win games for us if Hill didn't f**k up. Well, Gore is not what we thought he was and our D is a Patrick Willis above average; that means we can not afford to have a DO NOTHING QB and think we can compete against real teams.

The Rams, Seattle and Arizona are not real teams

The Rams may not be. Seattle just shut out Jax. That's their second shut out this year. Hasselbeck threw 4 TD's. I still Seattle will give us more fits than Arizona when it is all said and done. We're hunted as of now, not the hunters anymore in the West.

After this week we may not be. If AZ wins then we will be tied with the NFC Champions and only our win over them as the tie breaker. I would rather fly under the radar anyway.

I honestly think that we are going to see Smith sooner rather than later. Remember when the Cardinals were splitting game time between Leinart and Warner? Maybe the Niners should try something similar with Hill and Smith until we see who runs the offense more effectively. That is how Warner won his job back.
  • Mex49
  • Member
  • Posts: 2,979
Originally posted by mayo63:
Shaun needs to keep winning games for us, otherwise Alex will be in there.

Which game did Hill win for us?
I'd rather see Nate Davis take snaps with the 1st team offense we already know what Smith has done in the league and it's not good at all he sucks!
Originally posted by Mex49:
Originally posted by susweel:
Oh god please cut Alex so we don't have to talk about that loser no more.

YEAH, lets talk about Hill and how wonderful he is


Im not saying Hill is a pro bowler, however he is WAY better then Alex Smith.
Originally posted by brhokla:
I think he has figured that Smith is going to be playing at some point this season as the line can't protect and it's only a matter of time before Hill gets hurt. He needs to have Alex ready for this when it happens...

Also, Alex has more repore with Crabby and has since training camp. Alex has been passing the ball to him on the scout team and so forth. Maybe Sing is looking for a spark and Alex + Crabby may give us a spark. Gore back, Crabby in the mix, OL moves, why not put Alex in and see what happens. Personally, I want to see Alex, Crabby, Gore, VD, Bruce, Morgan all in the lineup. Just looks like more firepower if you ask me.

and Jason Hill!
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
I'd rather see Nate Davis take snaps with the 1st team offense we already know what Smith has done in the league and it's not good at all he sucks!

that should start happening in about a month or by the end of the season for sure. If they throw alex in there now, he's gonna fail, no doubt in my mind. Then hopefully a lightbulb will go off in the coaches head to see what Davis can do. By the end of the season, I hope we either know we have a capable QB or know we need to draft one.
  • Mex49
  • Member
  • Posts: 2,979
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Mex49:
Originally posted by susweel:
Oh god please cut Alex so we don't have to talk about that loser no more.

YEAH, lets talk about Hill and how wonderful he is


Im not saying Hill is a pro bowler, however he is WAY better then Alex Smith.

I just want to win. I really dont care what they call our QB. I am so tired, 7 years worth, of sucking ass.
f**k f**k f**k
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,309
Originally posted by Mex49:
Originally posted by mayo63:
Shaun needs to keep winning games for us, otherwise Alex will be in there.

Which game did Hill win for us?


We have won 3 Shaun Hill starts. He's done just enough to win the games. That's what I mean by keep winning. Manage the game and don't make any mistakes.
Originally posted by DonJulio:
Originally posted by brhokla:
I think he has figured that Smith is going to be playing at some point this season as the line can't protect and it's only a matter of time before Hill gets hurt. He needs to have Alex ready for this when it happens...

Also, Alex has more repore with Crabby and has since training camp. Alex has been passing the ball to him on the scout team and so forth. Maybe Sing is looking for a spark and Alex + Crabby may give us a spark. Gore back, Crabby in the mix, OL moves, why not put Alex in and see what happens. Personally, I want to see Alex, Crabby, Gore, VD, Bruce, Morgan all in the lineup. Just looks like more firepower if you ask me.

and Jason Hill!

Alex need to Man up, have fun and play some football like A.Rodgers. I dont want to hear about the o-line cant protect..

Rodgers and Ryan can get the Ball out in 2 seconds we need to do the same.