There are 182 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alex smith taking snaps with 1st team offense

Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
well if 1 "bad" game gets you benched, the whole starting offense/defense should be benched.

Hasnt been one bad game he has played meh all year
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
well if 1 "bad" game gets you benched, the whole starting offense/defense should be benched.

Hasnt been one bad game he has played meh all year

This
Originally posted by valrod33:
im an Alex Smith supporter but if this is true this is stupid I dont see why you would bench Hill after 1 bad game, so if Alex has 1 bad game does that mean Nate Davis comes in



Hill has yet to have 1 good game.
I like Alex.
I don't like this (potential) move now.

I think that Sing is just trying to light a fire and get guys motivated.

[ Edited by NineFourNiner on Oct 14, 2009 at 11:12:52 ]
MM also said to NOT read into it, seeing as many 2nd teams are getting first team reps. And what are you guys doing? Reading too much into it.

What a surprise.
FREE ALEX
If a lot of 2nd stringers are getting 1st team reps, doesn't that make the 1st team the 2nd team?
I don't get why he didn't get into the last game in the 2nd half, more to get him some work than to try for the comeback. We were done as soon as Walker fumbled the kickoff before halftime.

I would love to see what Alex can do, but have been somewhat happy with Hill.
Originally posted by valrod33:
im an Alex Smith supporter but if this is true this is stupid I dont see why you would bench Hill after 1 bad game, so if Alex has 1 bad game does that mean Nate Davis comes in

Doesn't mean Hill is benched - just time to get a closer look at Smith.
Originally posted by valrod33:
im an Alex Smith supporter but if this is true this is stupid I dont see why you would bench Hill after 1 bad game, so if Alex has 1 bad game does that mean Nate Davis comes in

Hill has yet to have a good game this season... He has manged to put together one good drive a game and that's about it. Our pass offense is near the bottom of every statistical category after 5 games with Hill. That is not going to get it done.. time to see if Alex can spark this stagnating offense.
Originally posted by bigmur49:
I don't get why he didn't get into the last game in the 2nd half, more to get him some work than to try for the comeback. We were done as soon as Walker fumbled the kickoff before halftime.

I would love to see what Alex can do, but have been somewhat happy with Hill.

Sing has already said he wants Hill to get as many snaps as possible. The ONLY ways Alex goes in is if 1. Shaun gets hurt or 2. Shaun is THE reason we lose for multiple games in a row. Really, it's not hard to get.

[ Edited by blunt_probe on Oct 14, 2009 at 11:19:29 ]
Originally posted by Schulzy:
MM also said to NOT read into it, seeing as many 2nd teams are getting first team reps. And what are you guys doing? Reading too much into it.

What a surprise.

That sucks. I still hope this gives him more of a shot to start sometime soon, Hill is a pie thrower.
  • Nabisko
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by valrod33:
im an Alex Smith supporter but if this is true this is stupid I dont see why you would bench Hill after 1 bad game, so if Alex has 1 bad game does that mean Nate Davis comes in
Originally posted by dj43:
I am glad to hear this. This is a good time to give Smith some time with the first team.

One of the most important things the 49ers need to learn from this season is a final decision on whether or not Smith can be the guy. It has been widely reported that Smith has made good progress under the tutelage of Mike Johnson. If that is the case, then the coaches need to see how that translates into game situations.

It has always been clear that Shaun Hill is a place-holder until a legit NFL QB arrives. To date; Smith has NOT been that guy, but he also has not had either the training or the tools to fully develop what he may have. This is a good time to begin to find out.

If Smith can't get the job done, then one of the #1 pick next year must solve that problem. This team will be lucky to get into the playoffs with Hill, much less get past the first round.

While I agree with you, I think this will be the touhges of Singletary's decisions.

Starting Smith this season is the best move LONG TERM. Either he performs and we find ourselves our franchise QB, or he fails and we can finally move on, maybe drafting a QB on the first round next year.

However, starting Shaun is the best move SHORT TERM. If we're gonna make the playoffs THIS YEAR, Shaun is the guy.

However, he is not a franchise QB.
Relax everybody. This is just what teams do during the bye week. It means NOTHING.