There are 80 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jimmy Raye's #'s with other teams after 5 games

His first season as OC with the Redskins and Chiefs;

2001 Washington Redskins- http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/was/2001.htm First 5 games the Redskins avg roughly 180yds a game on offense but the last 11 they avg around 275yds a game.

1998 Kansas City Chiefs- http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan/1998.htm First 5 games offensve avg around 250yds a game and the last 11 avg around 310yds a game.

So maybe there is hope, the Chiefs also had a bye week 6 in Raye's first year as OC. So maybe Raye does make some adjusments and/or the guys pick up the system and play better.

Just looking for some kind of hope......
We need any ray of sunshine we can get
way to find hope in a hopeless situation... but... i'll believe it when i see it.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
We need any ray of sunshine we can get

Originally posted by chico49erfan:
way to find hope in a hopeless situation... but... i'll believe it when i see it.

Yeah im digging for anything good I can find because Jimmy Raye has yet to show me he knows how to call plays or design an offense. It's so vanilla it makes Nolan look like.....
Let's hope we have even better #s.
Originally posted by tohara3:

Well they cant get any worse on offense.

Not sure we will match the 98 Chiefs offensive #'s but we should do at least as well the 2001 Redskins when Raye had Tony Banks as his starting QB, Michael Westbrook and Rod Gardner as his starting WR's and Zeron Flemister as his starting tight end.
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

Yeah im digging for anything good I can find because Jimmy Raye has yet to show me he knows how to call plays or design an offense. It's so vanilla it makes Nolan look like.....

I'd like to think that it will get better and he feels the players aren't what he'd like so he's being careful , way too careful

Not sure we will match the 98 Chiefs offensive #'s but we should do at least as well the 2001 Redskins when Raye had Tony Banks as his starting QB, Michael Westbrook and Rod Gardner as his starting WR's and Zeron Flemister as his starting tight end.

Thats as bad as the misfits we're throwing on the field right now.
that's good to know, considering Gore and Crabs will help and if the OL improves just a little we will be lights out.
Sing needs to encourage/let? Raye open the offense up a little more.
Originally posted by elguapo:
that's good to know, considering Gore and Crabs will help and if the OL improves just a little we will be lights out.

Hopefully Brandon Jones can step it up and we see less of Issac Bruce who is hurting this team when he is on the field IMO and has been on the field way to much.

Hopefully Brandon Jones can step it up and we see less of Issac Bruce who is hurting this team when he is on the field IMO and has been on the field way to much.

No to be a hater, but I dont see him doing anything special. Arnez#2.
  • king32
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by jones49:

No to be a hater, but I dont see him doing anything special. Arnez#2.

It's the second year in a row we've taken a team's 3rd WR and had expectations of turning him into a 1 or 2. I think we need to see if he can be productive against the horrendous secondaries of the Texans and Titans (at least this year) before we make any judgments on him. Assuming they give him more opportunities...