There are 71 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Frank Gore to take Crabtree under his wing during the bye week.

Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
How the f**k can people hate on Alex he has a great work ethic and his drive and determination are incredible. I just wish he could get it all together and have the payoffs on Sundays. People hating on him are really f**ked up human beings. the guy busts his ass and works very hard unlike alot of people in the NFL. He may never get everything together but you just cant hate on him its sad character

Anyways Hill needs to be yanked I am so tired of watching this chicken s**t play QB anytime he faces pressure he gets panicky and runs into his own linemen. He isn't winning games for us just managing them ( Something the Alex haters hated...when he managed the game.) funny how all the "Alexcuses" as people call them are the same for Hill but yet is isn't Hills fault He is so inaccurate and his throws are horrible. And enough with his stats and record please who the f**k has this guy beat??? and stats I hate them so much when talking about players they are very inflated. We need change and it needs to come soon. Not saying play Alex just we need change at the QB or we will be in a lot more trouble.

i dont think Hill should be yanked just yet, if he starts to play like s**t again against the texans, then pull him. the whole team played bad against atlanta, it wasnt just him, even tho 15 of 38 is pretty damn horrible. i think smith is smart enough to know that he could be starting soon with shaun playing the way he is so hes trying to get a head start with some of the starting guys.

I was thrilled to be 3-1 and thrilled we were winning but I knew we should have lost to Arizona. Hills GW drive that many grow wood over he threw a lot of s**tty passes that there defenders thankfully dropped ( HAHA ANTRELL ROLLE)In the Mini game again he made alot of s**tty decesions and thankfully one didnt count due to time clock. He holds on to the ball a long ass time now and his pocket presence he just runs into the line...Idk

im not saying he played great but up until the atlanta game he didnt look bad enough to pull. if he starts to play like he did against atlanta when we play texas, they need to pull him by halftime to try to salvage the game or atleast give alex some live practice since he will probably play indy the following week. bottom line is alex knows the situation and is preparing accordingly, after a game like they all had they all should stay and practice and make sure that never happens agin. good for alex, he's taking initiative and atleast trying to better himself
  • da209
  • Veteran
Hopefully Alex does get it together cause he will have his chance of hill stinks it up, but the o line and the play calling and receivers too do a better job for either of the QB to get it done. I believe smith gives us a better chance at winning , for he has a stronger and has disgusted rays offense , so teams have to respect that , unlike when hill is in the d is daring him too throw 2o yards down the field. This years team is better than the 06 one. The defense could now have smiths back when he chunks down the field, for they can give the ball back to the "O". Only time will tell and i hope the players get their heads outt of their assess. We cant just rely on winning by a point.

just a reminder coach sing is going to come up on chronicle live pretty soon..

[ Edited by da209 on Oct 13, 2009 at 21:09:07 ]
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by jreff22:
People will just call me a Smith fan for saying this (which I am):

Smith staying to practice with Gore and Crabtree is very impressive. Very.

Wonder if the coaches feel the same way.

I'm sure Sing has noticed.

I really hope so, honestly.

Really wish Hill was staying back with Crabtree though. Just feel like the starting QB should start getting some familiarity with this guy as soon as possible.

IMO Hill should only get one more horrible performance before he's yanked. We're only going to have 10 games after that Houston one to get things right... Plus we're playing the Colts the next week should be considered a loss at this point in time. 3-5 sounds horrible to me.

Yeah, we definitely can't have that happen.

Basically, we have to hope Seattle beats Arizona (wow, that's low -- we're already having to "hope") and then we need to win at Houston before we likely get stomped by the Colts.

4-3 at that point. Taking the division is NOT going to be a cakewalk. With Hasselbeck, the Seahawks are far better than people give them credit for, and Warner and the Cards can still do damage. Sure it may be 9-7 to 8-8 to 7-9 for the three of us, but we have to make sure we're on top, because 2nd place means no playoffs.

Sweeping the division would be absolutely huge. I think if anything, we HAVE to do that to assure a playoff birth. If we do that, then we really only need 3 wins outside the division, which is very doable.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 13, 2009 at 21:09:53 ]

Really wish Hill was staying back with Crabtree though. Just feel like the starting QB should start getting some familiarity with this guy as soon as possible.

IMO Hill should only get one more horrible performance before he's yanked. We're only going to have 10 games after that Houston one to get things right... Plus we're playing the Colts the next week should be considered a loss at this point in time. 3-5 sounds horrible to me.

Basically, we have to hope Seattle beats Arizona (wow, that's low -- we're already having to "hope") and then we need to win at Houston before we likely get stomped by the Colts.

4-3 at that point. Taking the division is NOT going to be a cakewalk. With Hasselbeck, the Seahawks are far better than people give them credit for, and Warner and the Cards can still do damage. Sure it may be 9-7 to 8-8 to 7-9 for the three of us, but we have to make sure we're on top, because 2nd place means no playoffs.

Sweeping the division would be absolutely huge. I think if anything, we HAVE to do that to assure a playoff birth. If we do that, then we really only need 3 wins outside the division, which is very doable.

In my opinion all we need to do is have a lead of any sorts with two games left to play because we play detroit and the rams and if we do lose to either of them we don't belong in the playoffs anyways... i dont really care who our starter is as long as we get the W...anybody who suits up for the 49ers has my full support..

Go Niners!!!!!
FREE ALEX
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

In my opinion all we need to do is have a lead of any sorts with two games left to play because we play detroit and the rams and if we do lose to either of them we don't belong in the playoffs anyways... i dont really care who our starter is as long as we get the W...anybody who suits up for the 49ers has my full support..

Go Niners!!!!!

At the end of the season, even bad teams are good. They want to play spoiler so we can't overlook them.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
FREE ALEX

I already had enough flashbacks from the last few years during that ATL game, without having them put in Smith. I was glad he was left on the bench.

Mark Roman back in the game at safety? Check.
Down by a ridiculous margin with no hope to win? Check.
Patrick Willis having to do everything (12 tackles)? Check.
Gore being out, so no running game at all? Check.
Stupid turnovers? Check

I'm just glad I didn't have to add "QB Smith throws balls at peoples feet" to that mess.
Originally posted by Winners:
FREE ALEX

I already had enough flashbacks from the last few years during that ATL game, without having them put in Smith. I was glad he was left on the bench.

Stupid turnovers? Check

I'm just glad I didn't have to add "QB Smith throws balls at peoples feet" to that mess.

Of course, you just had Hill doing it virtually all game instead.
FREE ALEX

Stupid turnovers? Check

but it's not his fault! it's the olines fault
Originally posted by teeohh:
FREE ALEX

Stupid turnovers? Check

You have to wonder, with all the "Gore carried the team before" stuff, I'm surprised I haven't seen someone mention the fact that Gore accounted for virtually all of the offense and scoring in weeks 1 and 2.
FREE ALEX

Stupid turnovers? Check

No, we had Vernon not picking up hot reads and an O-Line that couldn't protect the QB, as well as the need to throw deep (predictably) for the last half of the game. You think Smith would have done better?

Plus that doesn't fit my "flashback to the last few years" feeling I got, because Hill won games those times he had chances, unlike Smith.
Originally posted by teeohh:
FREE ALEX

Stupid turnovers? Check

You have to wonder, with all the "Gore carried the team before" stuff, I'm surprised I haven't seen someone mention the fact that Gore accounted for virtually all of the offense and scoring in weeks 1 and 2.

Maybe because Sing said "Gore is going to carry this team"???? That's the gameplan this time, it wasn't when Smith was QB.
Originally posted by WINiner:
WINiner

That's hilarious, coming from a guy who brings up how many posts someone has on a message board as a sign of football knowledge. The guy said the 49ers are rebuilding and will be 3-4 in two weeks, then tried to say he's a true fan and he hopes they'll win every game. You've got a beef because I made you look stupid in a different thread. You both need to man up and quit acting like nancy's on a message board.

I have no clue what you're talking about in any other thread, you have never made me look anything to my knowledge and based on your inability to comprehend what you read I doubt you could. And no I NEVER said anything about time on a board equating to football knowledge, hence the comment about comprehension. I was simply making the point that you had a lot of nerve questioning his amount fandom (new word) when you have never been at this forum until the team is enjoying some media success, while he has been here all along.

I find it ironic, I am sorry you can't see it and are going to assume you somehow hurt my feelings and I have some vendetta. I have been at this forum for many years and can only ever remember animosity that involves mods......

I have been at this board longer than my profile says (and it says I've been here since last February). The amount of posts someone makes or the amount of time they have been on a message board has nothing to do with anything. The guy said "come back here in two weeks when we're 3-4" and I told him that he's a joke of a fan for saying things like that. Why even be a fan if you're not hoping your team will win?

You're the one who keeps bringing up time on message boards as if it means anything about how big of a fan someone is.

Again you lack reading comprehension......I am not going to take the time to explain it a THIRD time.....
It's called leadership...something Gore takes to like a duck to water. Good for him...he can help MC get adjusted...show him things to watch out for. He understands the sooner Crabtree gets comfortable with the offense and the team, the sooner he'll become productive. It'd also be good if Bruce mentors him...MC can learn a lot from him.

i'm at work can someone please shop this and put gore and crabtrees faces in the pic?