LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

Frank Gore to take Crabtree under his wing during the bye week.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Winners:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by Giant9er:
Who cares we lost Sheets today, season is over

Yup, I want wholesale changes now.

Raye out. S. Hill out. Nate Davis starting. Crabtree and Morgan as starters with J. Hill as the 3rd WR.

We lost a game and everone wants to start over? Let's see how everything comes together as we grow from week to week. This was a learning experience we need now rather than later

We've been "growing" for 6 years now.

We're 3-2, 3-0 in our division, THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come back in a couple weeks when the 49ers are 3-4 and in 2nd place. If they keep playing like this, that's exactly what will happen, and then what will you say?

IF that happened, I'd say, "At least I have faith in my team and don't complain when they're actually winning their division, unlike some fair weathered fans who find any reason to complain if we aren't winning the Super Bowl every week"

So even if we're 3-4 and playing like crap, you'd still believe that we're going to win the division. OK, got it. We've sucked for 6 years now, and I'm supposed to blindly believe that the team will win the division, regardless of how horrible they look. I think those of us who complain have good reason to complain; we're realists. Now, what's it called when you keep doing the same thing, but expect a different result?

Check your reading skills. I never said if we're 3-4 I'd say "we're going to win the division". I said I'd tell you I wasn't complaining WHEN WE WERE (like right now) winning the division. If we're 3-4 I'd say that their was a lot of football left to be played, and we could still win.

Being a realist is saying "Our team has more wins than losses, and hasen't lost to a division opponent yet, we have a shot of winning the division and going to the playoffs" a fake fan says "We're doomed" after one lousy ass whooping.

First of all, what good is winning the division if we can't beat a playoff team?

Second of all, I never said that we're doomed. Maybe you're talking about others.

Going to the playoffs for the first time in 7 years isn't a good thing to you? Also, you're attitude (we've been rebuilding for 6 years, come back in 2 weeks when we're 3-4) is not the attitude of a real fan of a team.

Check your spelling and grammar skills. It's "your," not "you're."

Second, I'm being realistic. We just played like crap, and we have to go on the road back to back in Houston and Indianapolis. Want to bet $1,000 on the Colts game? If you're such a good fan, take the bet. You're so confident that the 49ers will win, because that's your favorite team? I LOVE the 49ers, but I'm also realistic. You just sound like a homer. I'm rooting for the 49ers, but at the same time, I know they can't win every game. I think they'll put up a fight in Houston. We could win the game. All I'm saying is that if they keep playing like how they played in Atlanta, they are going to be 3-4 and probably miss the playoffs too.

People can't make typo's? I never said we'd win every game, I said I have hope that we'll win every game. There's a huge difference. I think we can beat anyone in the NFL if we play good, and we've played good 4 out of the 5 games we've played. You're the one saying we'll be 3-4, and that we're rebuilding still, and a bunch of other hater nonsense. If you don't hope your team will win each week, regardless of how bad you think they are, you aren't a real fan. Go watch the Colts or the Giants or whoever is good in the NFL right now.

I've been a fan since '86 so I don't know what you're talking about. I hope that we'll win every week, but I also realize that we probably won't win every single game, for example, the Colts game. Sure, I hope we can somehow beat them in Indianapolis, but I also know that most likely, we'll lose. Why? Because if Matt Ryan can do this to us at home, imagine what Peyton Manning will be able to accomplish. I'm just calling it as it is.
is a qb going to stay with them? One should

Raye out. S. Hill out. Nate Davis starting. Crabtree and Morgan as starters with J. Hill as the 3rd WR.

We lost a game and everone wants to start over? Let's see how everything comes together as we grow from week to week. This was a learning experience we need now rather than later

Come back in a couple weeks when the 49ers are 3-4 and in 2nd place. If they keep playing like this, that's exactly what will happen, and then what will you say?

IF that happened, I'd say, "At least I have faith in my team and don't complain when they're actually winning their division, unlike some fair weathered fans who find any reason to complain if we aren't winning the Super Bowl every week"

So even if we're 3-4 and playing like crap, you'd still believe that we're going to win the division. OK, got it. We've sucked for 6 years now, and I'm supposed to blindly believe that the team will win the division, regardless of how horrible they look. I think those of us who complain have good reason to complain; we're realists. Now, what's it called when you keep doing the same thing, but expect a different result?

Check your reading skills. I never said if we're 3-4 I'd say "we're going to win the division". I said I'd tell you I wasn't complaining WHEN WE WERE (like right now) winning the division. If we're 3-4 I'd say that their was a lot of football left to be played, and we could still win.

Being a realist is saying "Our team has more wins than losses, and hasen't lost to a division opponent yet, we have a shot of winning the division and going to the playoffs" a fake fan says "We're doomed" after one lousy ass whooping.

First of all, what good is winning the division if we can't beat a playoff team?

Second of all, I never said that we're doomed. Maybe you're talking about others.

Going to the playoffs for the first time in 7 years isn't a good thing to you? Also, you're attitude (we've been rebuilding for 6 years, come back in 2 weeks when we're 3-4) is not the attitude of a real fan of a team.

You aren't gonna last long in this forum if you are going to question a guys loyalty or level of devotion to the team any time they disagree with your opinion. I mean he's been around a while at least. BEFORE success, where as you are new.......

see the irony?

Second, I'm being realistic. We just played like crap, and we have to go on the road back to back in Houston and Indianapolis. Want to bet $1,000 on the Colts game? If you're such a good fan, take the bet. You're so confident that the 49ers will win, because that's your favorite team? I LOVE the 49ers, but I'm also realistic. You just sound like a homer. I'm rooting for the 49ers, but at the same time, I know they can't win every game. I think they'll put up a fight in Houston. We could win the game. All I'm saying is that if they keep playing like how they played in Atlanta, they are going to be 3-4 and probably miss the playoffs too.

Actually, the 49ers are typical of what the Colts lose to. We're a pound the rock team and with Frank back that is going to be much more of a game than people give it credit for. Manning is by far the best player in the NFL and our must remain disciplined to beat them but I wouldn't be shocked at all if we rammed it down Indy's throat. The game I was worried about more than any on the schedule was Atlanta.

People can't make typo's? I never said we'd win every game, I said I have hope that we'll win every game. There's a huge difference. I think we can beat anyone in the NFL if we play good, and we've played good 4 out of the 5 games we've played. You're the one saying we'll be 3-4, and that we're rebuilding still, and a bunch of other hater nonsense. If you don't hope your team will win each week, regardless of how bad you think they are, you aren't a real fan. Go watch the Colts or the Giants or whoever is good in the NFL right now.

I've been a fan since '86 so I don't know what you're talking about. I hope that we'll win every week, but I also realize that we probably won't win every single game, for example, the Colts game. Sure, I hope we can somehow beat them in Indianapolis, but I also know that most likely, we'll lose. Why? Because if Matt Ryan can do this to us at home, imagine what Peyton Manning will be able to accomplish. I'm just calling it as it is.

You're changing your tune from your hater statements now. "Come back in a couple of weeks when we're 3-4" doesn't mean "I hope we win the next few games!"

Originally posted by WINiner:

You aren't gonna last long in this forum if you are going to question a guys loyalty or level of devotion to the team any time they disagree with your opinion. I mean he's been around a while at least. BEFORE success, where as you are new.......

see the irony?

The amount of time I've been on a message board or the number of posts I have means what exactly? Anything at all?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
So what's a RB gonna teach a WR, shouldn't Bruce take him under his wing, I mean he does need to learn the WR position not the RB position..

Having the best player on our offense help along our holdout rookie WR is not a bad thing. Also, keep in mind that Gore has been our best receiver over the past few years. There is plenty he can teach him.

And he can tell Crab how he wants him to block on run plays. Crabtree already knows more or less how to run routes, he just needs to get used to the speed of the game and timing with Hill.
Originally posted by MSteitz468:
So what's a RB gonna teach a WR, shouldn't Bruce take him under his wing, I mean he does need to learn the WR position not the RB position..

Having the best player on our offense help along our holdout rookie WR is not a bad thing. Also, keep in mind that Gore has been our best receiver over the past few years. There is plenty he can teach him.

And he can tell Crab how he wants him to block on run plays. Crabtree already knows more or less how to run routes, he just needs to get used to the speed of the game and timing with Hill.

Which is why I'm glad Hill decided to stay..... Oh, wait a minute. He didn't stay.
Originally posted by Spoonerism:

Which is why I'm glad Hill decided to stay..... Oh, wait a minute. He didn't stay.

alex smith stayed
Originally posted by eac49er23:
Originally posted by Spoonerism:

alex smith stayed

I have been as critical of Smith as anyone on this board but even I got to admit that Alex staying is a sign of a leader. I personally don't think he gives us the best chance to win, but I am sure Singletary will appreciate this. Good job smith!
Like Singletary said, Crabtree has already earned his 'bye' week.

Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
you think they're going to hit up the club?

Yeah the film room club. Also, Gore knows plenty of WR routes I'm sure.

Figuring we're using the digit system, I'm sure Crabs already knows the routes as is.

Just because it's a digit system doesn't mean all the routes are the same. We're talking about a whole different level in the NFL. Crabtree has lots of learning to do, I really hope the QBs stay back also and throw to Crabs.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Like Singletary said, Crabtree has already had his 'bye' week.

Fixed

[ Edited by dirtysouthniner on Oct 13, 2009 at 18:26:26 ]
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:

I have been as critical of Smith as anyone on this board but even I got to admit that Alex staying is a sign of a leader. I personally don't think he gives us the best chance to win, but I am sure Singletary will appreciate this. Good job smith!

Frankly, I thought the whole fu*king team would have stayed after that game. Lots of them live here in town with their families and are already "home"...wonder who'll show up this week to work out with Gore, Smith, and Crabtree?
Originally posted by ToddShaw:
I love Gore. Ultimate team player and pro. To lead by example is the best thing for this kid.

Hope they both have a good week!

You're changing your tune from your hater statements now. "Come back in a couple of weeks when we're 3-4" doesn't mean "I hope we win the next few games!"

Originally posted by WINiner:

see the irony?

The amount of time I've been on a message board or the number of posts I have means what exactly? Anything at all?

In the big scheme? Not a bit, however it will prevent you from looking like a schmuck. But hey, you do what you want to.
Share 49ersWebzone