There are 47 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Beginning to lose faith ?

Beginning to lose faith ?

• lazy
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,400 for lazy.
FLYING V!
Not losing faith; only find myself questioning play-calling and O-line blocking.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:

LIVE UP TO YOUR NAME, NINER FANS!

I think this works better

some day w'ell have those glory years back. Don't lose hope
No, I was negative as soon as Sing's philosophy was publicized and Martz was fired.

My prediction was a good start, mostly based on emotion, but getting worse as the season went on and as the message wore thin.

I was surprised it ended so early. What an unmotivated debacle. Very unexpected. I think things will pick up for the next couple of games and then go downhill again.

Davis will be the starter near the end of the year in order to try to get some life into the team and to save coaching jobs..
Originally posted by carlgo:
No, I was negative as soon as Sing's philosophy was publicized and Martz was fired.

My prediction was a good start, mostly based on emotion, but getting worse as the season went on and as the message wore thin.

I was surprised it ended so early. What an unmotivated debacle. Very unexpected. I think things will pick up for the next couple of games and then go downhill again.

Davis will be the starter near the end of the year in order to try to get some life into the team and to save coaching jobs..

We got lucky with having three division games in the first four. This created unrealistic expectations and had people believing the Sing knew what he was doing. This crash was bound to happen. Motivation only gets you so far. This team just got their teeth knocked out in their own backyard. No motivation in the world is going to fix that. We need organizational changes. We need philosophical changes. We went from giving total control of the franchise to a rookie HC (Nolan) to giving control over the organization to his rookie sidekick (Sing). Is that really change you can believe in? How many times do we have to ram our heads into a wall before we smarten up? The problems start with McCloughan and extend through Sing, and if their not addressed soon, it will be the same old same old.

Just be glad we get the pathetic Texans next game. The wool will be pulled back over the eyes of many for a week.
Never Lose Faith in your team , we will bounce back or fail but our team will always be the 49ers !
I still think that there's enough talent here and motivation to pull off a few surprises. But to start talking about Playoffs early in the season is a little Pre-mature. To me, this was to be the GUT check season where the players have to prove themselves or be gone by the next.

The thing to watch out for is if the 49er's lose to Houston, how many players will be motivated enough to keep on fighting.

The Offensive line and or their offensive schemes needs to be fixed. There HAS to be some resemblance of a running game and not just rely on ONE man (i.e. Gore, Coffee) to constantly break tackles to gain yardage. That AIN'T gonna happen! Even the BEST runners in the league can't do that on a consistent basis!

This was suppose to be the 49er's strength which is turning out to be more of a weakness than the passing game which isn't exactly stellar!

[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Oct 14, 2009 at 13:28:08 ]