There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Sing on KNBR "change at RG"

Rachal is turrible.
Crabtree
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Hopefully Baas will be moved to RG and Wragge to LG ...hey it's worth a shot

Baas is only marginally better than Rachal right now. He is somewhat better in pass protection but that is all.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by d49izme:
I dont remember the exact quote, but when he was Mic'd up on Inside the NFL I laughed my azz off when he said something like "am I going to have to knock chilo out?"

yeah and you hear Rachal respond? He sounds like a little p***y, no wonder he sucks

Im sure if you had Singletary screaming in your face you would sound like that too. lol
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Rachal is turrible.

yet another draft pick that left me which happened shortly after the Balmer

A horrible draft. Regardless how great you people keep trying to tell me it was.
Originally posted by 9erred:
What a complete joke. This team has no clue how to coach OL or G for that matter.

Kyle Kosier sucked at the niners, playing fine for the Cow Boys.

Justin Smiley - average for the niners, pro bowl level for the Dolphins

Harvey Dahl- practice squad guy who has started at RT and now RG for Atlanta

David Baas- second round pick that has not panned out

now

Chilo Rachal- second round pick, top 40 pick, they want to ride the pine.

Notice a pattern here?

it is coaching, not the talent.

Justim Smiley played at a PB level for us, our moron GM doesn't pay G's tho so Smiley had to go.
Originally posted by krizay:
Rachal is turrible.

A horrible draft. Regardless how great you people keep trying to tell me it was.

I agree, that draft is looking worse and worse everyday.
What a complete joke. This team has no clue how to coach OL or G for that matter.

now

Notice a pattern here?

I agree, we have not had a good O-Line coach since Pat Morris and it has showed! I would of fired Foerester going into the bye and promoted Pete Hoener to O-Line coach. Hoener has done great work developing guys Vernon Davis and Billy Bajema into great blockers and he has experince coaching the O-Line in the NFL as he was the O-Line coach with the Cardinals and Bears and has plenty of experince coaching the O-Line in college.

I remember Denny Green fired his O-line coach one year in Minnesota right before the bye and they ended up getting the O-Line to play better and made the playoffs...Im just saying you can fire a posistion coach during the season and improve yourself (obviously can't fire a cordinator during the season or right before the season).
Dissapointed in Rachal, I thought he would be a strength and instead he is the worse O-Lineman on a O-Line that has a few bad o-lineman at the moment. He played better last year as a rookie being inserted into the starting lineup mid-season than he has this year, I just don't get it. If anything else, Wragge will be very solid. Pashos is also an option but I would rather just make the full-time RT and let Snyder be the top backup at both OT and OG spots.
Remember when Rachal was talked about as a possible RT?
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A

now

Notice a pattern here?

It sure makes me wonder , how are other teams in the league able to get and keep quality coaches and we have to settle for Nolans crew, doesn't Sing know anybody ?
It won't happen but I would move Baas to center (he played some center at Michigan) Wragge at LG and Pashos at RG, Snyder at RT, I think that is our best shot at having a decent O-Line this year.
Originally posted by krizay:
Rachal is turrible.

I wouldn't give up on either guy just yet. Rachal's 2nd season has been a setback but remember he was considered very raw coming out and he came out as a Junior and really only started one full year at USC. He just may need time/a new o-line coach/a new blocking scheme. Balmer is at least playing in the roation and playing okay, I expect him to be in the mix for a starting job next year and if he isn't than you can say he is a bust but im not ready to say he is just yet.
Originally posted by 9ermj:

now

Notice a pattern here?

It sure makes me wonder , how are other teams in the league able to get and keep quality coaches and we have to settle for Nolans crew, doesn't Sing know anybody ?

Nope and that is my only problem with Singletary and I love him and what he has done here but he does not have many coaching contacts or relationships around the league and that is why we got stuck with Jimmy Raye as OC. Remember it wasn't just Linehan who turned down the OC job, Chudzinski also turned it down and word is two other guys did as well (not including Reeves). Really Singletary has the same coaching staff around him that Nolan did. He was able to get Rathman which was great and I think guys like Johnny Lynn (secondary) and Jim Tomsula (D-Line coach) and even Hoener (TE coach) are good coaches but the same can't be said for Foerester, Sullivan and some of the other coaches. Outside of Rathman, Singletary brought in Raye (!?!), his nephew to coach the ILB's and his buddy Al Harris from his Bears days as PS (?) coach. So yeah Sing doesen't have the contacts plus he is a pretty stubborn and demanding coach and I think that scared/scares a lot of good assistant coaches from coming here....
  • cools
  • Veteran
Wragge will probably start at RG. Chilo can watch from the sidlines for awhile, I still think he will be a solid starter for us down the road

I'd consider benchin Baas also, but with Wragge at RG we dont have anyone else to play LG, unless they want to try Snyder there again and leave Pashos at RT

Unfortunately we cant really fix this line till the off season
and when that comes...

Baas is a FA let em walk
Pashos is a FA let em walk
Sign FA D.Colledge, GB (if they dont sign him)
find out if Boone, Wallace or Radovich have any potential in mini camps
Draft OT C.Black, and a Guard if we dont get one in free agency

[ Edited by cools on Oct 13, 2009 at 12:25:13 ]