There are 119 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Sing Says "We Were Out-smarted ..... "

Originally posted by sicc110:
Originally posted by BHulman:
I remember when the Niners use to "out-smart" people on a regular basis. Sadly, you have to bit of an old-timer to remember it now.

+1

+2
Staley-Wragge-Hietman-Snyder-Pashos
  • obx49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,206
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Staley-Wragge-Hietman-Snyder-Pashos

Yea I believe Snyder was a lot more productive as a guard than a tackle. Chilo definitely needs to be taken out of line up. Hopefully that would be his wake up call.
The gameplan Tony Sparano put together vs the Jets tonight was AMAZING...

notice how they predicted the Jets blitz and rolled out the pocket allowing Henne to hit the WR for a first down!!!

SMART playcalling

...and that makes it clearly obvious that Singletary's staff has SO MUCH to learn.

WOW.
Originally posted by verb1der:
The gameplan Tony Sparano put together vs the Jets tonight was AMAZING...

notice how they predicted the Jets blitz and rolled out the pocket allowing Henne to hit the WR for a first down!!!

SMART playcalling

...and that makes it clearly obvious that Singletary's staff has SO MUCH to learn.

WOW.

Raye wasn't even the guy he wanted. Didn't we ask to OC's that both declined? I know Linehan declined for sure.
Originally posted by verb1der:
The gameplan Tony Sparano put together vs the Jets tonight was AMAZING...

notice how they predicted the Jets blitz and rolled out the pocket allowing Henne to hit the WR for a first down!!!

SMART playcalling

...and that makes it clearly obvious that Singletary's staff has SO MUCH to learn.

WOW.

I remember how we used to pass to set up the run. Now we run it no matter what - 8, 9 in the box. Just run into the teeth of the defense. Don't change the play. Just run it up the middle!
Funny thats what I said, as a matter of fact I said it would happen when we hired Singltary, mind you I like him and I like what he has done, but he is a motivator, a "Rah Rah" coach, and he will from time to time get out smarted by an "X and O" coach!

Take the good with the bad, as long as the players by in to it we will win our share, more than we will lose.

Guys like Sing can do a lot for a team, but unless he becomes a better 'X and O" guy we will have days like these.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Funny thats what I said, as a matter of fact I said it would happen when we hired Singltary, mind you I like him and I like what he has done, but he is a motivator, a "Rah Rah" coach, and he will from time to time get out smarted by an "X and O" coach!

Take the good with the bad, as long as the players by in to it we will win our share, more than we will lose.

Guys like Sing can do a lot for a team, but unless he becomes a better 'X and O" guy we will have days like these.

i thinik it is more that we don't have an X and O guy on the coaching staff. we need to dump our whole offensive coacing staff(minus rathman), bring in shanahan, holmgren, mariucci, or some other offensive "guru" as a consultant to help us hire an OC.
  • dust-7
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
the coaching staff. we need to dump our whole offensive coacing staff(minus rathman), bring in shanahan, holmgren, mariucci, or some other offensive "guru" as a consultant to help us hire an OC.

I wouldn't mind seeing what Mariucci as 49ers OC could do.

But then I was SO SURE Singletary was the right guy. And after the Vikes no-finish-game and this Atlanta no-defense game, I'm not so sure.

I certainly can be wrong. Still with Sing as HC, and Mariucci as OC ready to take over if need be - I think it might work. Personalities . . is another thing. Martz seemed willing to work with Mike. But Sing let him go.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Funny thats what I said, as a matter of fact I said it would happen when we hired Singltary, mind you I like him and I like what he has done, but he is a motivator, a "Rah Rah" coach, and he will from time to time get out smarted by an "X and O" coach!

Take the good with the bad, as long as the players by in to it we will win our share, more than we will lose.

Guys like Sing can do a lot for a team, but unless he becomes a better 'X and O" guy we will have days like these.

i thinik it is more that we don't have an X and O guy on the coaching staff. we need to dump our whole offensive coacing staff(minus rathman), bring in shanahan, holmgren, mariucci, or some other offensive "guru" as a consultant to help us hire an OC.

shannahan is only coming back to become a hc. the only good oc thats a possibility is norv turner when he gets fired. the question is does singletary swallow his pride and admit he made a HUGE mistake in hiring this clown in raye and if the organization wants to bring norv back. norv will never ever become a hc again. i want norv back
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Funny thats what I said, as a matter of fact I said it would happen when we hired Singltary, mind you I like him and I like what he has done, but he is a motivator, a "Rah Rah" coach, and he will from time to time get out smarted by an "X and O" coach!

Take the good with the bad, as long as the players by in to it we will win our share, more than we will lose.

Guys like Sing can do a lot for a team, but unless he becomes a better 'X and O" guy we will have days like these.

i thinik it is more that we don't have an X and O guy on the coaching staff. we need to dump our whole offensive coacing staff(minus rathman), bring in shanahan, holmgren, mariucci, or some other offensive "guru" as a consultant to help us hire an OC.

shannahan is only coming back to become a hc. the only good oc thats a possibility is norv turner when he gets fired. the question is does singletary swallow his pride and admit he made a HUGE mistake in hiring this clown in raye and if the organization wants to bring norv back. norv will never ever become a hc again. i want norv back


i never said hire them as OC, though i would love that. i said bring them in to help find an OC. shanahan is a slim possibility, i think he gets into coaching next year, so why would he halp us?