There are 608 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Predictions for the rest of the year

  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by JDeezy:
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Oh there's no way in hell we can't win the division, I'm not worried about that, even given the way we play, our schedule is looking like a blessing week after week in terms of scoring a winning record (with 3 division wins already taken care of).

we take 5 or 6 of the division games easy. plus we play the lions, titans who suck and the texans who aren't that much better. 10 wins easy.

Nothing in the NFL is easy. We could easily be 4-2 in the division. As for those 3 teams you just mentioned, yes we should beat them,but supposedly we were even talent wise with Atlanta and it should have been close. Would anyone have anticipated us coming out this flat today? No, just goes to show you that anything can happen.

Agreed , Lions gave Steelers all they could handle, Texans came up short against Cards, Titans have had a tough early schedule so I'd be careful about counting wins just yet 9ers haven't exactly shown much either against mostly crap teams
anywhere between 7-9 to 9-7. i can't see where the wins come from to get to 10-6. cardinals win the division at 10-6 or 11-5

no one played well and that will surely change in upcoming games but one thing that isn't gonna change in all likelyhood is the offensive line. they have been mediocre at their best, one of the worst lines i have ever seen at their worst like yesterday. the line is in need of a overhaul and the players to do that aren't sitting on our bench. they need some f.a. and draft help at that spot bad. on top of that, by singletary's choice, we have one of the most ignorant offensive philosophies in recent time. that's also not something thats going to change any time soon. a game like yesterday is exactly why i oppose a ra-ra in your face type coach. you hit points where your words fall on deaf ears, they make more then he does end of the day. i could not get over how dumb we looked yesterday, schemes or lack thereof were from the dark ages. you can scream at them all you want but when you are not sound in the x's and o's, there are just teams you have no shot against.

philly, indy, sure losses. texans, bears, packers could be losses, teams with enuf talent to just outsmart us like the falcons did yesterday. thats 7 total there. if cards get the offense going, there is another potential legit loss. at seahawks will be a different game with hassleback, then titans who knows with that team but should be a win for us. lions should be a win but they arent pushovers anymore either.
  • B650
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,205
Originally posted by ssahnan:
anywhere between 7-9 to 9-7. i can't see where the wins come from to get to 10-6. cardinals win the division at 10-6 or 11-5

no one played well and that will surely change in upcoming games but one thing that isn't gonna change in all likelyhood is the offensive line. they have been mediocre at their best, one of the worst lines i have ever seen at their worst like yesterday. the line is in need of a overhaul and the players to do that aren't sitting on our bench. they need some f.a. and draft help at that spot bad. on top of that, by singletary's choice, we have one of the most ignorant offensive philosophies in recent time. that's also not something thats going to change any time soon. a game like yesterday is exactly why i oppose a ra-ra in your face type coach. you hit points where your words fall on deaf ears, they make more then he does end of the day. i could not get over how dumb we looked yesterday, schemes or lack thereof were from the dark ages. you can scream at them all you want but when you are not sound in the x's and o's, there are just teams you have no shot against.

philly, indy, sure losses. texans, bears, packers could be losses, teams with enuf talent to just outsmart us like the falcons did yesterday. thats 7 total there. if cards get the offense going, there is another potential legit loss. at seahawks will be a different game with hassleback, then titans who knows with that team but should be a win for us. lions should be a win but they arent pushovers anymore either.

I agree. You have to back up all that yelling with some some good coaching. We're basically getting outcoached every single game. When this happens, all that yelling is pointless.
Agreed with the above poster. 7-9 to 9-7. 5-11 if everything goes wrong and 10-6 if everything goes right.
Originally posted by JDeezy:
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by JDeezy:
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by crzy:
The 49ers will win the NFC West this year with a 9-7 record and then lose by 40 points in their first playoff game.

They are two drafts and six players away from being a legit contender

1) Right Tackle
2) Left Guard
3) Right Guard
4) Safety
5) Quarterback
6) Pass Rusher

We were 5th in the NFL in sacks and got good consistent pressure save today's game. Give Lawson/Haralson a full year before we say that we have to get another pass rusher. I also believe we need to give Chilo a chance to develope before declaring him a bust. IMO we need a RT, LG, S for sure maybe a QB, passrusher.

Insert football cliche here:

"You can never have too many pass rushers".

And I would love to have D.Ware or J.Peppers next year!

D. Ware won't go anywhere and Peppers is too inconsistent, pushing 30 years old, and has never played in the 3-4.

who knows Ware is going to want to get paid. Jones just spent a billion $'s he might not want to fork over the huge cash for Ware. Peppers is still awesome, he wants to play in the 3-4 as an OLB I think he would know what he can and can't do I think he would be a great addition.

As much as I hate the Cowboys, they're the most profitable team in the NFL. Jones will pay their best player without question. As for your point on Peppers, just because he wants to play in the 3-4 doesn't mean he'll be good in it. Peppers last year in a contract year had 16.5 sacks, the year before he had 2. This year in another contract year his own teammate, Jon Beason, said he's not bringing it. Now a guy with Peppers talent should be able to roll out of bed on one good leg and get at least a half sack per game, but 2 the whole season for someone supposedly of his "caliber" is a bit ridiculous.

so if we sign Peppers your saying your not going to jump through the roof?
Originally posted by crzy:
The 49ers will win the NFC West this year with a 9-7 record and then lose by 40 points in their first playoff game.

They are two drafts and six players away from being a legit contender

1) Right Tackle
2) Left Guard
3) Right Guard
4) Safety
5) Quarterback
6) Pass Rusher

Ugh thats alot and I agree
Originally posted by crzy:
The 49ers will win the NFC West this year with a 9-7 record and then lose by 40 points in their first playoff game.

They are two drafts and six players away from being a legit contender

1) Right Tackle
2) Left Guard
3) Right Guard
4) Safety
5) Quarterback
6) Pass Rusher

True, we need all of them, and the OLINE first...in that order.

Yesterday's game, the ball gets snapped, and the DLine is already closing in on Shaun Hill. I'm not sure how any WR can run a basic route or a QB make a reasonable throw in < 1 sec!
real talk and also this is my opinion. i feel this damn oline will be the death of our season causing us to miss the playoffs and hill will not come back against good leads with his dunking and dinking. our d will be on the field way too long with the offenses 3 and outs. hope i wrong though
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,064
We should win 4 more games, giving us a 7-9 record which is what you'd expect from a team that did little to upgrade the personnel.
9-7 I am sticking with my beginning of the year stat.

Shaun Hill is benched before the end of the year - that is my only change.
3-13

3-10
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,340
None of us here knows what the future will hold......
Originally posted by Nes49:
None of us here knows what the future will hold......

I guarantee the Niners will not lose next week!!!

Take that to the Bank
9-7 if we continue to play at the level we are playing

5-11 if Smith is named Starter at some point in this season