J.Smith
F.Gore
V.Davis
E.Heitman
A.Lee

Offseason:
we sign Willis/Gore/V.Davis to long term extensions
a major OL is signed in FA
a major defender is signed in FA (either passrusher or safety)
OT taken with Carolinas pick (will be much higher pick than ours)
passrusher or safety is taken with our 1st round pick (whichever is signed in FA)

we contend for the superbowl next season.

[ Edited by matt49er on Oct 11, 2009 at 22:42:54 ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
The 49ers will win the NFC West this year with a 9-7 record and then lose by 40 points in their first playoff game.

They are two drafts and six players away from being a legit contender

1) Right Tackle
2) Left Guard
3) Right Guard
4) Safety
5) Quarterback
6) Pass Rusher
I hate to anticipate the offseason before the regular season is done, but Willis and Davis have no reason to sign extensions. This isn't because they think the Niners won't go anywhere, but its because of the fact that they'll make oodles more during the uncapped year.
Championship.
Originally posted by JDeezy:
I hate to anticipate the offseason before the regular season is done, but Willis and Davis have no reason to sign extensions. This isn't because they think the Niners won't go anywhere, but its because of the fact that they'll make oodles more during the uncapped year.

I agree but I firmly believe that Willis is the ultimate team guy, if offered a nice size fair contract I believe we could get it done. Vernon Davis is so behind Singletary I would have Mike himself talk to him about signing.
Originally posted by crzy:
The 49ers will win the NFC West this year with a 9-7 record and then lose by 40 points in their first playoff game.

1) Right Tackle
2) Left Guard
3) Right Guard
4) Safety
5) Quarterback
6) Pass Rusher

We were 5th in the NFL in sacks and got good consistent pressure save today's game. Give Lawson/Haralson a full year before we say that we have to get another pass rusher. I also believe we need to give Chilo a chance to develope before declaring him a bust. IMO we need a RT, LG, S for sure maybe a QB, passrusher.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by matt49er:

1) Right Tackle
2) Left Guard
3) Right Guard
4) Safety
5) Quarterback
6) Pass Rusher

We were 5th in the NFL in sacks and got good consistent pressure save today's game. Give Lawson/Haralson a full year before we say that we have to get another pass rusher. I also believe we need to give Chilo a chance to develope before declaring him a bust. IMO we need a RT, LG, S for sure maybe a QB, passrusher.

Insert football cliche here:

"You can never have too many pass rushers".

1) Right Tackle
2) Left Guard
3) Right Guard
4) Safety
5) Quarterback
6) Pass Rusher

And I would love to have D.Ware or J.Peppers next year!
I'm not sure if we can win the west with anything less than a 10-6 record.

1) Right Tackle
2) Left Guard
3) Right Guard
4) Safety
5) Quarterback
6) Pass Rusher

And I would love to have D.Ware or J.Peppers next year!

D. Ware won't go anywhere and Peppers is too inconsistent, pushing 30 years old, and has never played in the 3-4.
Oh there's no way in hell we can't win the division, I'm not worried about that, even given the way we play, our schedule is looking like a blessing week after week in terms of scoring a winning record (with 3 division wins already taken care of).

1) Right Tackle
2) Quarterback
3) Right Guard
4) Left Guard
5) Nose Tackle
6) Pass Rusher

FIXED
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Oh there's no way in hell we can't win the division, I'm not worried about that, even given the way we play, our schedule is looking like a blessing week after week in terms of scoring a winning record (with 3 division wins already taken care of).

we take 5 or 6 of the division games easy. plus we play the lions, titans who suck and the texans who aren't that much better. 10 wins easy.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

we take 5 or 6 of the division games easy. plus we play the lions, titans who suck and the texans who aren't that much better. 10 wins easy.

Nothing in the NFL is easy. We could easily be 4-2 in the division. As for those 3 teams you just mentioned, yes we should beat them,but supposedly we were even talent wise with Atlanta and it should have been close. Would anyone have anticipated us coming out this flat today? No, just goes to show you that anything can happen.

[ Edited by JDeezy on Oct 11, 2009 at 22:58:51 ]
Share 49ersWebzone