There are 98 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Predictions for the rest of the year

This team is still a 9-7, 8-8 team. Today is a throw away game. Don't think about it. Just push on. Too many decent players had crummy games today. Go home and forget it.
Originally posted by JDeezy:
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by crzy:
The 49ers will win the NFC West this year with a 9-7 record and then lose by 40 points in their first playoff game.

They are two drafts and six players away from being a legit contender

1) Right Tackle
2) Left Guard
3) Right Guard
4) Safety
5) Quarterback
6) Pass Rusher

We were 5th in the NFL in sacks and got good consistent pressure save today's game. Give Lawson/Haralson a full year before we say that we have to get another pass rusher. I also believe we need to give Chilo a chance to develope before declaring him a bust. IMO we need a RT, LG, S for sure maybe a QB, passrusher.

Insert football cliche here:

"You can never have too many pass rushers".

And I would love to have D.Ware or J.Peppers next year!

D. Ware won't go anywhere and Peppers is too inconsistent, pushing 30 years old, and has never played in the 3-4.

who knows Ware is going to want to get paid. Jones just spent a billion $'s he might not want to fork over the huge cash for Ware. Peppers is still awesome, he wants to play in the 3-4 as an OLB I think he would know what he can and can't do I think he would be a great addition.
We win out and go 14-2.
Originally posted by JDeezy:
The 49ers will win the NFC West this year with a 9-7 record and then lose by 40 points in their first playoff game.

1) Right Tackle
2) Left Guard
3) Right Guard
4) Safety
5) Quarterback
6) Pass Rusher

We were 5th in the NFL in sacks and got good consistent pressure save today's game. Give Lawson/Haralson a full year before we say that we have to get another pass rusher. I also believe we need to give Chilo a chance to develope before declaring him a bust. IMO we need a RT, LG, S for sure maybe a QB, passrusher.

Insert football cliche here:

"You can never have too many pass rushers".

And I would love to have D.Ware or J.Peppers next year!

D. Ware won't go anywhere and Peppers is too inconsistent, pushing 30 years old, and has never played in the 3-4.

who knows Ware is going to want to get paid. Jones just spent a billion $'s he might not want to fork over the huge cash for Ware. Peppers is still awesome, he wants to play in the 3-4 as an OLB I think he would know what he can and can't do I think he would be a great addition.

As much as I hate the Cowboys, they're the most profitable team in the NFL. Jones will pay their best player without question. As for your point on Peppers, just because he wants to play in the 3-4 doesn't mean he'll be good in it. Peppers last year in a contract year had 16.5 sacks, the year before he had 2. This year in another contract year his own teammate, Jon Beason, said he's not bringing it. Now a guy with Peppers talent should be able to roll out of bed on one good leg and get at least a half sack per game, but 2 the whole season for someone supposedly of his "caliber" is a bit ridiculous.
this is the rest of arizona's schedule, and i think they're our main competitor for the title

6 Oct 18 ARI @ SEA
7 Oct 25 ARI @ NYG
8 Nov 01 CAR @ ARI
9 Nov 08 ARI @ CHI

10 Nov 15 SEA @ ARI
11 Nov 22 ARI @ STL
12 Nov 29 ARI @ TEN
13 Dec 06 MIN @ ARI
14 Dec 14 ARI @ SF
15 Dec 20 ARI @ DET
16 Dec 27 STL @ ARI
17 Jan 03 GB @ ARI

Those are games I'd expect them to lose, but any given Sunday s**t can happen. Hypothetically they would leave them at 9-7. I didn't decide on a win/loss against us because I think division games not including the rams could be toss ups from now on.

And here are the Hawks

6 Oct 18 ARI @ SEA
7 Bye
8 Nov 01 SEA @ DAL

9 Nov 08 DET @ SEA

10 Nov 15 SEA @ ARI

11 Nov 22 SEA @ MIN

12 Nov 29 SEA @ STL

13 Dec 06 SF @ SEA

14 Dec 13 SEA @ HOU

15 Dec 20 TB @ SEA

16 Dec 27 SEA @ GB

17 Jan 03 TEN @ SEA

That would leave the Hawks at 9-7. Hawks routed the Jags today with Hasselback back so who knows what they're capable of. Their schedule doesn't seem bad at all. Of course you never know what happens, teams lose games they're not expected to and win games no one thought they would.

That is why we absolutely need to sweep our division!

[ Edited by teeohh on Oct 11, 2009 at 23:09:07 ]
9ers win the NFC West with a 10-6 record
9ers D ranks in the top 7 in the NFL
Crabtree becomes a force by week 12
Lawson takes off as a passrusher with multi sack game week 7
The following players make the pro bowl:
Willis
J.Smith
F.Gore
V.Davis
E.Heitman
A.Lee

Offseason:
we sign Willis/Gore/V.Davis to long term extensions
a major OL is signed in FA
a major defender is signed in FA (either passrusher or safety)
OT taken with Carolinas pick (will be much higher pick than ours)
passrusher or safety is taken with our 1st round pick (whichever is signed in FA)

we contend for the superbowl next season.

I don't expect Crabtree to do much of anything until maybe Week 13 or 14 rather.

I expect us to win the division with a 9-7 record.

We must draft at least 3 OL. One RT, one OG, and one versatile tweener. Other 5 picks? FS, SS, CB, NT, OLB (Bly and Harris will be FA's)

Why two safeties? Because Roman needs to be gone, and Lewis's concussions I think are just too much, in addition to the fact that we needed an upgrade there regardless. Now we really HAVE to. If we like Curtis Taylor enough, we could use one of the two safety picks on another OL/DL/Pass-rusher. I don't think we draft a QB this year.

If our first picks fell something like, 1. Berry (Tennessee), 2. Lupati (Idaho), 3. Black (LSU), that would be quite nice. Speaking based on their current values, of course.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 11, 2009 at 23:16:37 ]
Originally posted by dj43:
This team is still a 9-7, 8-8 team. Today is a throw away game. Don't think about it. Just push on. Too many decent players had crummy games today. Go home and forget it.

I'd like to forget it but this one's gonna sting for at least 2 weeks.
If we keep playing like this the NFL will take away the three wins we already have.

1) Right Tackle
2) Left Guard
3) Right Guard
4) Safety
5) Quarterback
6) Pass Rusher

That'a a lot of O Line.

Member Milestone: This is post number 200 for 49ers1fan1982.
49ers final record ..... 14-2 hehehe
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

1) Right Tackle
2) Left Guard
3) Right Guard
4) Safety
5) Quarterback
6) Pass Rusher

That'a a lot of O Line.

We need to fill all those holes but I don't like drafting offensive linemen high unless they are can't miss prospects.

We need to turn our two first round picks into four second round picks, stockpile picks and fix our holes.

------ and things should look better in two weeks.

[ Edited by 49ERwhiner on Oct 12, 2009 at 03:03:07 ]
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ERwhiner:

------ and things should look better in two weeks.

It doesn't help that Arizona and Seattle both won. It tells me that winning this division won't be as easy as we once thought. Seattle beat a pretty decent Jacksonville team 41-0. I'm not feeling too confident about winning in Seattle right now.

1) Right Tackle (Yes and can be found in 1st round next year)
2) Left Guard (Draft in 2 or 3 round next year)
3) Right Guard (No Rachal can grow into it)
4) Safety (I agree)
5) Quarterback (We will need to draft one)
6) Pass Rusher
(I'd really like Hughes from TCU)

It may take two drafts, but you can fill alot in one year. Heck, the NFL
has a few 49er castoffs doing a good job at Guard. I can think of 2, Kyle
Kosier and Harvey Dahl off the top of my head. We gave up Smiley, who
would have been one of our anchors. I agree that I am not sold at all on
Baas.

If Boone can't make it at RT, why not shift him inside. That might free up
one of those draft choices.
I predict we will lose another game this year and fans will overreact.

[ Edited by dirtysouthniner on Oct 12, 2009 at 08:28:55 ]