There are 84 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Matt Ryan carved us a new one

2nd year pro just destroyed us.

I remember in 1997 when a young Peyton Manning came strolling into town and dissected our secondary in his 2nd year. We barely staved him off because we had a legit QB in Steve Young to fire back with.
....and... didnt even give us a reach a roun.....
Lack of pass rush is what did it. Any NFL QB would have done what Ryan did today if nobody was getting to him. I don't know what happened after week 1, but our pass rush has been weak. I haven't even heard Parys' name since week 1.
Originally posted by trogdor:
Lack of pass rush is what did it. Any NFL QB would have done what Ryan did today if nobody was getting to him. I don't know what happened after week 1, but our pass rush has been weak. I haven't even heard Parys' name since week 1.

I heard his name...the announcers were clowning him after Michael Turner trucked his ass.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

I remember in 1997 when a young Peyton Manning came strolling into town and dissected our secondary in his 2nd year. We barely staved him off because we had a legit QB in Steve Young to fire back with.

I was at that game...it was absolutely awesome. I remember getting the section I was sitting in so pumped up it was so much fun. Man those were the days. Hill is not going to mount such a comeback, not many can at 28 though, so I digress.

Matt Ryan had a huge day. Passed for 329, threw two TD's, ran for one and his int they got back lol. I had no idea we could get pushed around like this. GO figure. I'd give my pinky toe to be a fly on the wall in the postgame locker room or in film sessions tomorrow.
  • NP9er
  • Veteran

Imagine what he'll do to us in 3 weeks
  • crzy
  • Veteran
The way we played today on defense, even Jamarcus Russell would have carved us up.
This is what ANY QB does to us when we get no pressure. The secondary has been spoiled so far this season with the pressure the front 7 had been getting in our first 4 games. They have been playing soft and today was a huge reality check.

The Tennessee Volunteers almost beat us in 1997?

[ Edited by Schulzy on Oct 11, 2009 at 21:57:20 ]

Actually that was 1998, and it was Peyton's rookie year, but I see where you're coming from.
Originally posted by crzy:
The way we played today on defense, even Jamarcus Russell would have carved us up.

Absolutely. You heard Johnston saying he hadn't seen the 49ers play like this during the first 4 games, he mentioned it very early. This was like pre Sing play. Completely unaware sometimes even...ahem Coffee wtf was he thinking? Today was UGLY.

They have to put this past them, get into the bye somewhat healthy and come out of the bye in better shape than they were going into it. Maybe Crabtree will help us soften some of the defenses up a bit.
what sucks the most for me is the Falcons crushing us hit me twice as hard as a fan and a fantasy player. I have 3 teams here's how every team got killed
played Flacco over Ryan in one league JF 7 pts, MR 25 pts
played the 9ers D in one league produced negative pts
sat R.White in one league he scored 33 pts

crushing just crushing

The difference between a franchise QB and our QB situation is like night and day. We all should just watch other teams' QB's like:

P Manning
E Manning
Brees
Brady
Rivers
Ryan
McNabb
Rothelisberger
Warner
Favre
Rogers
Palmer

Hell, there's only a handful of starting QB's I wouldn't trade Hill for:

Delhomme
Collins
Bulger
Hasselbeck
Quinn/Anderson
Russell

That's about it. And I'll take any of these younger QB's like Stafford, Sanchez, J Johnson over noodle arm.
Originally posted by kronik:

The difference between a franchise QB and our QB situation is like night and day. We all should just watch other teams' QB's like:

P Manning
E Manning
Brees
Brady
Rivers
Ryan
McNabb
Rothelisberger
Warner
Favre
Rogers
Palmer

Hell, there's only a handful of starting QB's I wouldn't trade Hill for:

Delhomme
Collins
Bulger
Hasselbeck
Quinn/Anderson
Russell

That's about it. And I'll take any of these younger QB's like Stafford, Sanchez, J Johnson over noodle arm.

ofcourse the players in the 1st list are superior to Hill but it doesn't mean we can't be a very good team a playoff team under Hill. We do not currently have a better option A.Smith certaintly isn't better, N.Davis isn't ready if Hill cannot prove himself with Crabtree/Jones back the rest of this season then we need to look to draft a QB with one of our 1st or acquire a QB in the offseason.

I was thinking then and today about both guys that they were really damn good. Your point about Young is correct. Any team who has a legit qb has a chance to win on any given sunday against anybody.