There are 385 users in the forums

History aside, why Bruce over anyone?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Mex49
Jerry Sullivan and our WR corp is a disgrace. Seriously, it is time to go in another direction. The thought of him getting anywhere near Crabtree has me worried. Has the man produced one decent WR for us in his time here? NOT A SINGLETARY ONE
Well, back to the topic of this thread........why in the world is Bruce the first option on our fade routes? Seriously, time to move on. He does nothing but drop balls and is too slow to get seperation, especially running straight. The coachs are stupid for not having Hill in the line up.
It's not like this team is booming with talent...
Bruce has done nothing except catch that one 50 yarder against the Cards, week 1. Since then he has been invisible.

I say sit him or convince him to retire mid-season, it will save us having to release Spurlock or someone else.

I never liked him as a Ram, didn't like the 49ers signing him and never understood all the love he gets around here. All that crap about him being a mentor to our young WR is BS, that is what coaches are for.
Bruce needs to sit. he's dropping very catchable passes lately and has no speed at all. if your not fast you better atleast catch the damn ball. i want to see Jason Hill starting with Battle on the other side. Morgan isnt ready yet. battle and hill give us the best chance to convert 1st downs. Crabtree in the slot and when brandon jones plays we can see where he's at but for now i totally agree Bruce should be benched
I think Bruce is another Derrick Smith syndrome. The coaches don't trust the young guys enough to replace Bruce because they know at least he won't make mistakes on the field even though his plays might have dropped off.

As evident today this team can't have turnovers. Not good enough to overcome more than a couple of them
Issac Bruce is so washed up it's pathetic. He can't get any seperation and he has been dropping at least one pass a game this season.
Singletary's workouts may have done him in. I wouldn't mind seeing Hill starting instead of Bruce. He couldn't do any worse than 0 catches.

Sing will probably lose his mind when he watches the film.
Well at least we get to chant... "BRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCEEEEE!!!!!!" whenever he does catch a ball. That's always fun.
  • Mex49
OK, since we can all agree that Bruce doesn't decide when he plays and when he sits, can we also agree that this is a coaching issue in the making.

Singletary needs to start talking

Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Singletary's workouts may have done him in. I wouldn't mind seeing Hill starting instead of Bruce. He couldn't do any worse than 0 catches.

Sing will probably lose his mind when he watches the film.

He skipped OTA's and I remember reading a lot DNP- Issac Bruce, during TC practices
I agree, no reason to cut Bruce as I believe he can still be a solid #3 WR but we cannot rely on him all game long anymore. I believe we need to start Morgan/B.Jones against Houston and make Bruce the #3 let Crabtree be the #4 until he proves himself and moves up the D.Chart
Originally posted by matt49er:
I agree, no reason to cut Bruce as I believe he can still be a solid #3 WR but we cannot rely on him all game long anymore. I believe we need to start Morgan/B.Jones against Houston and make Bruce the #3 let Crabtree be the #4 until he proves himself and moves up the D.Chart
Why start Jones over Hill? Hill is very sure handed and came up big at the end of the season last year. Jones is coming of a real deal injury.
On Morgan's last play, did anyone else notice he ran into those stairs outside the endzone? Anyone know if he got hurt? He looked like he was in pain afterwards. Just wondering because no one else has mentioned it.

As for the topic, I think he gets to play because of who he is and not how he plays.
  • Adman
  • Veteran
I can't wait to see Crabtree now.
Share 49ersWebzone