There are 87 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

start alex smith after the bye?

start alex smith after the bye?

i cannot believe 56% of this site wants to start alex smith after one s**tty loss. okay shaun hill doesn't do it pretty, or hell, he really doesn't do it at all... and i really don't have a bias one way or another but alex smith LOST THE COMPETITION vs our current starter. he will NOT suddenly make the O-Line better, or make the WRs get separation. sure he has the physical tools and im all for giving him another chance, but let the QB that WON THE JOB PLAY. it's 5 games into the f**king season -- if this happens @Texans and @Colts, then I'd think about it... but for now gimme a break.
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
*Cough*, AS @ KC 41-0
*Cough* AS @ Philly 38-24
*Cough* AS @ SD 19-48

And that was only in the first 6 weeks of 06...

So Alex Smith can lose a game but Hill can't????? I thought that when a team lost it was a team effort not just one player!! You Hill swingers and your hypocrisy

Beep. So true. Smith is horrible because of ... [insert stupid reason here] ... but JTO and Hill are awesome because they are.
I was actually hoping that Nate would play in the 4th 1/4. Forget Smith, he is nothing more then a backup.
Originally posted by dj43:
The best way to deal with this game is to just go home and forget it.

The 49ers may not be as good as their record was coming into this game but they are not as bad as they played today.

If I'm Singletary, I tell them all to go home and forget this one. Don't even look at the film. Just come back on Wednesday and start getting ready for Houston.

As a fan I'm gonna take your advice and forget this whole game and plan my trip to houston to watch this game
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by taney71:
*Cough*, AS @ KC 41-0
*Cough* AS @ SD 19-48

So Alex Smith can lose a game but Hill can't????? I thought that when a team lost it was a team effort not just one player!! You Hill swingers and your hypocrisy

Beep. So true. Smith is horrible because of ... [insert stupid reason here] ... but JTO and Hill are awesome because they are.

Yes........so Hill lost and Smith lost. Whats the difference ? Hill has a WINNING RECORD. And HE HAS A WINNING RECORD WITH THE SAME ROSTERS THAT SMITH COULD NOT PRODUCE WITH. End of story............Alex sucks.
  • Pogity
  • Info N/A
I think everyone is right.

This loss was not Shaun Hill's fault, it was everyone's. He should not lose his job over this. But Shaun Hill can't throw worth a darn and we're not a contender until we can run the ball well enough to compensate, or get a better arm.
*Cough*, AS @ KC 41-0
*Cough* AS @ SD 19-48

Merely stating that you can't call for a guy to be pulled after 1 bad performance, because I was still giving him chances at that point...
Originally posted by 49erfan27:
I would rather see smith start and fail then see a 2nd rate game manager qb under center and be revealed against elite teams like we saw today[/quote

hahah, you're a joke.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ZRF80:
*Cough*, AS @ KC 41-0
*Cough* AS @ SD 19-48

Yes........so Hill lost and Smith lost. Whats the difference ? Hill has a WINNING RECORD. And HE HAS A WINNING RECORD WITH THE SAME ROSTERS THAT SMITH COULD NOT PRODUCE WITH. End of story............Alex sucks.

Not if this continues......
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
I was actually hoping that Nate would play in the 4th 1/4. Forget Smith, he is nothing more then a backup.

And this is based on?? Oh I know the past 3 years he has played in which 2 of those years he was injured. Gotcha!
I would rather see smith start and fail then see a 2nd rate game manager qb under center and be revealed against elite teams like we saw today

I think that Hill should get one more chance. If he can't get it done and we're at 3-3 there is no room for error. We HAVE to yank the guy.

Yeah, I said leave Hill in there.

Oh and the difference is Smith has a better arm than Hill. But some people are so dead set against letting Smith on the field they would rather put a bullet in their own skull rather than let Smith show us what he's got.

Nevermind that they could all be completely wrong about the guy.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Oct 11, 2009 at 18:23:47 ]
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:

And this is based on?? Oh I know the past 3 years he has played in which 2 of those years he was injured. Gotcha!

If you dont know what this is based on, you've been high for the past 5 years. This isnt just one independent Niner follower. The majority of NINER FANS think he's a bust........
Originally posted by Nes49:
*Cough*, AS @ KC 41-0
*Cough* AS @ SD 19-48

This is a different roster than the Niners had at the start of the 2007 season. Despite the performance today, the D is definately better now.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
I would rather see smith start and fail then see a 2nd rate game manager qb under center and be revealed against elite teams like we saw today

I think that Hill should get one more chance. If he can't get it done and we're at 3-3 there is no room for error. We HAVE to yank the guy.

Yeah, I said leave Hill in there.

~Ceadder

where did ceadder go? If he has another performance like this (missing open targets, throwing at feet, etc.) I am okay with him being pulled, wouldn't be happy, but understandable...
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by Nes49:
*Cough*, AS @ KC 41-0
*Cough* AS @ SD 19-48

This is a different roster than the Niners had at the start of the 2007 season. Despite the performance today, the D is definately better now.

Smith had better weapons, Oline, and O Cordinators and still couldn't get it done like Hill has.