LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 205 users in the forums

start alex smith after the bye?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

start alex smith after the bye?

Hell no! I've never seen so many fickle fans it really makes me embarrassed to be a 49ers fan. Hill had a bad game! Who cares? Every QB in the league does from time to time. There's no point benching a guy who wasn't responsible for the defense allowing 45 points, the special teams playing horrible, and the offensive line not giving the running game a push and giving Hill the time to make something happen. Hill gives us our best chance to win this year and last time I checked we've won more then we've lost so suck it up and shut up. Its not like we were gonna go 15-1 anyways.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Hill has to play this bad again before I'd do that.

And I like Smith, but changing QBs after one game is far too knee-jerkish.

If after the bye, he can't come out and perform well after an extra week to prepare, then I would find that to be absolutely unacceptable and I would not be surprised if a change happened in that case, then.

Agreed, across the board.
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by MaliCali:
Originally posted by BHulman:
All i know is a quarterback with our first pick in the draft this year is looking quite delicious...

Bradford or McCoy? Accurate as balls, great measureables, Hell yes i love them both

Tebow in the 2nd or 3rd? Has a better arm than hill, more athletic, has the best intangibles at the position in the draft, and a Singletary kinda guy...not to mention he has exactly the same bad rap on him Young had coming out of BYU..

Not sold on McCoy.

honestly every time i see Shaun Hill throw a football that has zero spiral or zip on it, i get really jealous whenever i see these beautiful throws, that are actually just regular throws that an NFL quarterback should make...ala the Nate Davis factor, he throws balls the way any NFL quarterback should throw them, we just arent used to that...

The last QB to throw a tight ball for the 49ers was Joe Montana...Young was a wobble ball (duck) passer as was Garcia and now hill...get over the way the ball looks on TV when it's passed. It's about accuracy.

Denial has reached a new level! Hill in the same sentence as Garcia and Young!!!!! yes!!!!!
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by BHulman:
All i know is a quarterback with our first pick in the draft this year is looking quite delicious...

Bradford or McCoy? Accurate as balls, great measureables, Hell yes i love them both

Tebow in the 2nd or 3rd? Has a better arm than hill, more athletic, has the best intangibles at the position in the draft, and a Singletary kinda guy...not to mention he has exactly the same bad rap on him Young had coming out of BYU..

Not sold on McCoy.

honestly every time i see Shaun Hill throw a football that has zero spiral or zip on it, i get really jealous whenever i see these beautiful throws, that are actually just regular throws that an NFL quarterback should make...ala the Nate Davis factor, he throws balls the way any NFL quarterback should throw them, we just arent used to that...

The last QB to throw a tight ball for the 49ers was Joe Montana...Young was a wobble ball (duck) passer as was Garcia and now hill...get over the way the ball looks on TV when it's passed. It's about accuracy.

Young (especially) and Garcia were much better downfield throwers than Hill is.
Hell no!!! My dad and I talk about the niners making a qb change, but not for alex we have seen plenty of what he can do. I was thinking throw nate in and give him some game experience.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
We have to do something, Hill is stinking it up.

he had ONE f**king bad game.
hes not bad at all
this guys 7-1 at home..what does that tell u
Alex Smith sucks! The guy will be lucky to be on the squad next year, much less start. We lose one game and play like crap to a team coming off a bye week (ie Fresh legs) and you are ready to scrap our starting QB. C'mon. If we play like this over the next two games, then you can look for some changes. That said, Alex Smith will be like throwing gasoline on the fire...things will get worse from that point. You can take that to Vegas...he is awful.
Originally posted by momoney925:

hes not bad at all

It tells you when the defense struggles, hill is nowhere to be found.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

If after the bye, he can't come out and perform well after an extra week to prepare, then I would find that to be absolutely unacceptable and I would not be surprised if a change happened in that case, then.

And if Smiff gets the call....we ALL BETTER PRAY HE MAKES THE MOST OUT OF NOT ONLY WATCHING & LEARNING FROM THE SIDE LINES BUT MAKING THE BEST OUTTA WHAT WOULD BE HIS LAST CHANCE!
Originally posted by b9er37:
Hell no!!! My dad and I talk about the niners making a qb change, but not for alex we have seen plenty of what he can do. I was thinking throw nate in and give him some game experience.

We probably would if it wasn't for the fact we have a legit shot at the playoffs and throwing Nate in could ruin that.

Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

And if Smiff gets the call....we ALL BETTER PRAY HE MAKES THE MOST OUT OF NOT ONLY WATCHING & LEARNING FROM THE SIDE LINES BUT MAKING THE BEST OUTTA WHAT WOULD BE HIS LAST CHANCE!

Agreed. The next time he gets a chance will be his last. Period. But that isn't an argument against playing him.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran

Disagree....Putting Nate Davis in would be REPEATING the same mistake we made with Alex Smith.
Originally posted by momoney925:

hes not bad at all

Do you think he is going to remain 7-1 at home all year? Eventually those stats are going to even out a bit and that argument wont hold water anymore.
Originally posted by jones49:

We probably would if it wasn't for the fact we have a legit shot at the playoffs and throwing Nate in could ruin that.

Winning the game was a forgone conclusion at that point. I hate throwing in the towel, but shaun was very frustrated and it seemed like a good time to give the young man some reps.
Right, Hill gave up 2 TD's too White, he gave up those big runs too Turner, he was running routes/blocking; he's the one fumbling the ball and turning it over and of course costing the team time outs, let's just cut him while we are at it.

Alex Smith would've won this game with no problem.
Share 49ersWebzone