Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

start alex smith after the bye?

start alex smith after the bye?

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Apone:
Originally posted by shogunass:
Alex would be running for his life just like Hill. Hill canT even step up into the pocket because the guards are getting destroyed.

All the reason more we should of tried to kept Justin Smiley.

Tell that to our bonehead GM who thinks Gaurds are a dime a dozen.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
You guys yelling for Raye to get fired are ridiculous, do you not know anything about football? Raye is limited by what the oline and Hill allow him to call, we are missing our best player on offense and have a back up QB starting. If the defense doesn't play at the high level it did during the first 4 games we will not beat good teams...plain and simple.

Check it out---there's a reason the Niners drafted a WR with their first-round draft pick. They don't have many playmakers on offense. Gore and now Davis. End of the roll call.

This is a team that HAS to dominate on defense. It lacks the firepower on offense to come from behind as we saw today. But there's no quick fixes and nobody on the street that is going to come in and save us.

We knew this team didn't have many weapons on offense. It's been proven beyond any shadow of a doubt. The Falcons exposed us.
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by MaliCali:
All i know is a quarterback with our first pick in the draft this year is looking quite delicious...

Bradford or McCoy? Accurate as balls, great measureables, Hell yes i love them both

Tebow in the 2nd or 3rd? Has a better arm than hill, more athletic, has the best intangibles at the position in the draft, and a Singletary kinda guy...not to mention he has exactly the same bad rap on him Young had coming out of BYU..

Not sold on McCoy.

honestly every time i see Shaun Hill throw a football that has zero spiral or zip on it, i get really jealous whenever i see these beautiful throws, that are actually just regular throws that an NFL quarterback should make...ala the Nate Davis factor, he throws balls the way any NFL quarterback should throw them, we just arent used to that...
I say NO let's not get carried away. It was just that 1 bad game. File it away and let go play and get it done next time. However, I am in favor of coach Sing meeting with Raye and telling him to use more imagination on game days! I mean no rollouts, naked bootlegs, nothing. My goodness coach Raye do something in the face of adversity.
All i know is a quarterback with our first pick in the draft this year is looking quite delicious...

Bradford or McCoy? Accurate as balls, great measureables, Hell yes i love them both

Tebow in the 2nd or 3rd? Has a better arm than hill, more athletic, has the best intangibles at the position in the draft, and a Singletary kinda guy...not to mention he has exactly the same bad rap on him Young had coming out of BYU..

Not sold on McCoy.

honestly every time i see Shaun Hill throw a football that has zero spiral or zip on it, i get really jealous whenever i see these beautiful throws, that are actually just regular throws that an NFL quarterback should make...ala the Nate Davis factor, he throws balls the way any NFL quarterback should throw them, we just arent used to that...

I know it is way to early to get too excited by Davis; but he looked like an NFL QB when he got to play. He showed a strong arm and great instincts. I like the think the quarterback of the future is already on the roster. Time will tell.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

Not sold on McCoy.

The last QB to throw a tight ball for the 49ers was Joe Montana...Young was a wobble ball (duck) passer as was Garcia and now hill...get over the way the ball looks on TV when it's passed. It's about accuracy.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Well, lets see if Shaun Hill can have a bounce-back game...if not the get Smiff in the game.
Originally posted by niners94:

+1
I really thought Baas was a adequate replacement for smiley, man i was wrong
  • Apone
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Apone:
Alex would be running for his life just like Hill. Hill canT even step up into the pocket because the guards are getting destroyed.

All the reason more we should of tried to kept Justin Smiley.

Tell that to our bonehead GM who thinks Gaurds are a dime a dozen.

Nolan was still calling the shots.
  • Apone
  • Veteran
I really thought Baas was a adequate replacement for smiley, man i was wrong

I don't think Bass is bad as Rical is. The problem with Bass is that he is never healthy.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
You guys yelling for Raye to get fired are ridiculous, do you not know anything about football? Raye is limited by what the oline and Hill allow him to call, we are missing our best player on offense and have a back up QB starting. If the defense doesn't play at the high level it did during the first 4 games we will not beat good teams...plain and simple.

You couldnt be more off. Just in case you missed the past few seasons, most of our OCs implemented more roll outs and scrambles for Hill because of a weak oline. Raye has done everything in his power to LIMIT our offense. If you have a weka oline, the worst thing you can do is set your offense up for a 3rd and long and "hope" that your oline can hold long enough for a deep pass to play out. If you have a weak oline, the last thing you should do (as an OC) is expect your QB to sit in the pocket and wait for an open receiver.

Weak olines should equate to more slants, screens, roll outs, scrambles, etc. Instead, Raye has "solved" this disadvantage by calling more deep posts, seam routes, etc.

Sorry, you fail. You dont know how this offense works at all.....
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by greywolf447:
I like Alex and have hope that he will end up having a productive career. But I don't think Hill deserves to be benched after this one performance.

Honesty I have watched every game this year and I think that his performence has been sub par in all the games. But because we won that masked his play. I would make the change now and give smith a extra week to practice with the starters!

He had a QB rating over 90 the first 4 games...was tied at 10th in the league with TD passes. He was also winning us games. This was a complete collapse...can't put this on his shoulders...everyone deserves the blame.

You cannot rely on statistics. The statistics are mis-leading! He wasn't asked to do much. When he threw the ball they were off target and the reciever made a nice catch. I do not think he has been very accurate at all!