There are 55 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Lewis has third concussion since mid August

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Eric Berry.

Gotta hope the Panthers tank. I was bitter they won today.

A third concussion is never a good thing, and this is the type of thing that ends careers sooner rather than later. He looked bad coming off the field today.

Now, is the beginning of the Reggie Smith era, or does the team target a SS in the draft?
Originally posted by taney71:
Bench him. His health is more important than this game. I feel bad for him.

don't just bench him. Put him on IR. Like I said the coaches and the 49ers FO need to do whatever they can to convince Lewis to retire before he ends up brain dead. I want to win as bad as the next fan but if he is put back on the field I will be extremely disappointed in the 49ers organization
Concussions are a serious injury. Once you get one, you're prone to get more. I hope the 49ers and him realize, it's best to sit out this season, even it's a big loss for us.

There's a just some issues that way more important than football.
bump
It's a shame because Michael Lewis up until today was playing his best football and Mark Roman on the field=bad things happen
  • Envy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,382
The 9ers have to place him on IR. If they don't then the league must intervene. 3 concussions in such a short space of time is worse than some professional boxers receive.

It is a shame but the guy needs rest.
He needs to sit out the rest of the year. It isn't worth it to keep on playing. His long-term health is more important.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Eric Berry.

Gotta hope the Panthers tank. I was bitter they won today.

A third concussion is never a good thing, and this is the type of thing that ends careers sooner rather than later. He looked bad coming off the field today.

Now, is the beginning of the Reggie Smith era, or does the team target a SS in the draft?

Smith is SS? Guess it his time then. But we probably go with Roman because he has that vet experience of getting burnt
I am in favor of sitting Lewis out for the remainder of the first half of the season whether he likes it or not. Concussions are not a good thing Michael. You have your family to consider for the remainder of your life. If after this season you concur another then I say hang it up my friend God bless you and your family. You had a pretty productive career.

  • Apone
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,739
He needs to hang them up
  • Adman
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 592
1. He should be out atleast 5 weeks to rest up.

2. He needs to learn how to tackle. He literally throws his body head first like a spear into the guys body to try and knock him down. What does he expect?
Originally posted by kelpie70:
I am in favor of sitting Lewis out for the remainder of the first half of the season whether he likes it or not. Concussions are not a good thing Michael. You have your family to consider for the remainder of your life. If after this season you concur another then I say hang it up my friend God bless you and your family. You had a pretty productive career.


sitting for the remainder of the first half of the season!!! Are you serious? This guy needs to be put on IR and then needs to retire. He has had 3 concussions since August.

I say thank you Lewis for your contributions to the team, but it is time for you to think about yourself and your health.
3 in about 2 months is scary! I wouldn't be surprised if that is it.
Originally posted by Giants9ersfan:
3 in about 2 months is scary! I wouldn't be surprised if that is it.

Mark Roman will be starter in that case. Maybe Singletary could activate Curtis Taylor. How about picking up Keith Lewis off waivers?
  • Adman
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 592
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Originally posted by Giants9ersfan:
3 in about 2 months is scary! I wouldn't be surprised if that is it.

Mark Roman will be starter in that case. Maybe Singletary could activate Curtis Taylor. How about picking up Keith Lewis off waivers?

He got dropped by the Cards?