LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

UNFORTUNATELY for us, NO CHANGES in the near future......

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by confusedrhino:
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
The questions everybody had at the begging of the season are answered.
1. O line subpar. Run blocking terrible, pass protection terrible 16 sacks in 5 games.
2. WRs getting no separation, I have not seen a WR wide open this year.
3. Not existent passrush! Neither Parys neither Manny are the answer.

1. I agree with
2. We have been having guys open, like VD and some big play passes. Not great WR but ok.
3. 49ers have had great (much improved) pass rush the first games, they just got owned this game
It still took them to long to get to the QB. OLB and DL pressures are to slow.
I think it was 3rd and six and we had them pinned deep and then Roddy White took that 90 yarder into the endzone. To me that was the turning play. Why in God's name are you overloading and bringing the house in that situation. Manusky is a good coordinator but this call was just plain stupid.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
singletary is being stubborn. u cant go far in the season with this offense

He should have put in Smith.

Dude, get it in your head. Smith is NOT the answer. You know wh ywe've sucked so bad these past 6 years ? Lack of consistency. Bailing on our QBs at any chance we get. It started when we canned Garcia for no reason outside contract dispute. Then we tossed Rattay in favor of a rookie that didnt even know how to take a handoff from the center. Then we jumped from Dilfer to Hill to maybe Alex to Hill, etc etc.

Hill may not be the future, but he doesnt turn balls over. Thats the only thing he's got going for him. Smith, on the other hand, is not the future but he DOES turn balls over. If he was in, we'd probably have given ATL a 50+ victory.

Im glad Sing stuck with Hill. It;s too bad our offense is anemic in other aspects as well. Bruce can barely run, and Morgan quit on MULTIPLE plays today. He is not a good receiver, and would be better off playing the slot with Battle in as starter....
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Yep........cause Gore is coming back. And I think this team thinks that with Gore, ALL our problems will be solved. Too bad no one will realize that outside the 2 big runs against Seattle, Gore is averaging less than 3 yards per run.

So we will continue this conservative "keep it close" offense, and when we play big teams, we will get crushed. I love Singletary, but he's too hardheaded to change his ways.

It's gonna get worse before it gets better folks.......

He's not hard-headed. He just believes that is our best strategy with the talent we have. Unfortunately we have to play turnover free and mistake free football to win and that's just not possible to do every week. Especially against good teams.
Gore coming back is HUGE, he is still our best player on offense and yes our O-Line sucks but just having Gore back on the field is huge for this team. I don't know how much Crabtree will help this team but at least having a guy on the field who has the talent and ability to make plays will help. We have to get Issac Bruce off the field, the guy is hurting this team.
I would put Wragge in at LG or RG, at least he does not blow his assignments like Baas and Rachal do on a consistant basis
Yep........cause Gore is coming back. And I think this team thinks that with Gore, ALL our problems will be solved. Too bad no one will realize that outside the 2 big runs against Seattle, Gore is averaging less than 3 yards per run.

So we will continue this conservative "keep it close" offense, and when we play big teams, we will get crushed. I love Singletary, but he's too hardheaded to change his ways.

It's gonna get worse before it gets better folks.......

Unforunatly I think that you hit the nail straight on the head!!!!
I think one change for next year will be a new offensive coordinator (yet again).
  • Mex49
Originally posted by 190836:
Sing is responsible. Period.
The Niners came out throwing quite a bit today. Hill threw 38 times. The problem is, the execution was horrendous.

I blame the curse of the Crabtree. His presence has hexed the team.

Originally posted by BHulman:
I think one change for next year will be a new offensive coordinator (yet again).

Beep.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
We lost today because we came out flat, and unprepared and our defense played like they had molases on the bottom of their shows and did not play smart, disciplined football.

Our offense is no the reason we lost today.

Our offense is not the reason we lost today, I agree. But they did get exposed. Now we know that as long as the defense does its job and keeps it close, we can put up 10-17 points and eek out a win. But if our defense falters, this team cant keep up with an offensive powerhouse.

We cant expect our defense to carry us every game. They had done a fabulous job up to this game; the offense could have helped this time around (instead of vice versa). But they didnt.

My hope is that Singletary/Raye dont go into the bye thinking that everything will be a-ok when Gore comes back. We need to improve in these 2 weeks offensively.......BIG TIME. If we keep this same conservative approach, we will get blwon out in the next 3/5 games we will be playing.

Great post. This is going to be a very important couple of weeks for this team.

Remember we went on a long interview for a QB coach for this specific reason. NOt only is he grooming Davis and the other QBs, but he probably take over when Ray is gone.

P.S the QB really seem to speak highly of him.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Remember we went on a long interview for a QB coach for this specific reason. NOt only is he grooming Davis and the other QBs, but he probably take over when Ray is gone.

P.S the QB really seem to speak highly of him.

That is good. I am hearing good things about Johnson. But if Turner becomes available I think the Niners should grab him.
Good teams don't need situational "what ifs", but I'm gonna throw them out there anyway. It makes me feel a little better.

1. Tipped pick, only real turnover(I think. Correct me if I am wrong(seriously)).
2. Missed FG.-I know, a miss is a miss. But, he makes those.
3. TO available if Morgan doesnt look back/Coffee gets his ass on field.(Take your Pick). This allows us to challenge that non fumble. This gives us the ball, and momentarily stops Atlanta from scoring.
4. Give Nate some rocket shoes. Wait, that sounds dangerous. He would get burned either way. (lame pun intended.)

This game could have been 20+ to 28 at halftime.

Dont forget Dre Bly's dumbass.

I know "what ifs" are for losers, but it gives you some perspective. We don't make DUMB mistakes, we would have been right there.

JQ
Share 49ersWebzone